World of Color Superthread

Thanks so much for the input everyone! We had a great time. I will admit we were underwhelmed by the food at the party (but that's just us, I'm sure others loved it), but our view from a front row table was absolutely spectacular and made the evening worth it! We didn't end up sharing our table with anyone, though I did see something at the table next to us I didn't love. That party checked in right next to us..when the CM was confirming their reservation, they said "party of two?" The DH said well yes, but also our 3yo and 6mo children. The CM did not look happy but didn't say anything. They were seated at the table next to us. They then seated a young couple at their table with them! I felt so bad for that couple, they were now squished at a table for four with now 5 people (plus baby). I'm not sure if you don't have to count kids under a certain age, but I think you should. I know it doesn't seem fair for food, but they definitely still take up space at tightly placed tables. It didn't affect our enjoyment at all, the kids were very well behaved. Not sure I'd do it again since we didn't love the food, but the view just couldn't be beat. Thanks again!!!
Yikes, that's poor form on those parents. Maybe if it was just the baby I could understand, but the three year old takes up a whole chair, and those tables don't have enough room for a bunch of chairs. When we did the dessert party a few years ago we had a two almost three year old with us. I couldn't buy her a ticket but I did call to make sure it was ok and noted on the reservation. Just to avoid issues like what you saw.

I'm so glad you had a good time. The view is unbeatable!
The theee year old is suppose to be charged full price.. so that’s super sketchy!

On Thursday (6/27) I booked for August 26. When searching for availability I had to enter just a total number of guests, but when making the actual reservation I had to enter how many ages 10+, 3-9 and under 3. So (assuming the booking website hasn’t changed, which maybe it has) the couple who brought the 3 year old and infant in addition to their “party of 2” pretty clearly ignored the requirement to enter every “body”! I think they were lucky not to be turned away for lying about the actual size of their party.

On Thursday (6/27) I booked for August 26. When searching for availability I had to enter just a total number of guests, but when making the actual reservation I had to enter how many ages 10+, 3-9 and under 3. So (assuming the booking website hasn’t changed, which maybe it has) the couple who brought the 3 year old and infant in addition to their “party of 2” pretty clearly ignored the requirement to enter every “body”! I think they were lucky not to be turned away for lying about the actual size of their party.

This is a really good point!!!

Yes it seemed to us that clearly these people were gaming the system for some reason, or just didn't understand how to book it. In either case, I do kind of wish the CM had said something and turned them away, since it really wasn't fair to that other couple to have to be seated so uncomfortably. I know that is a lot to ask of the CM's, but maybe there should be a manager or someone nearby who could help deal with people in situations like this. The CM clearly didn't want to upset the couple with the kids, but in the end the younger couple ended up paying full price to sit at an over full table.

We did the dessert party on 6/20 and had a great time. I wasn't too fond of the desserts, they were just okay. The bread basket they bring out to start with was good. We both had the Wonderful Cooler to drink which was good too. It mostly just tasted like blue lemonade with the slightest hint of booze. We were seated in the front row in high top chairs. We got there right as the cast members were laying down the tape for the line, so we were the 3rd party to check in and choose our seats. The view was amazing and 100% worth it and a great way to experience my favorite show. :) This was my first trip back to Disneyland Resort in 5 years and World of Color was every bit as amazing as I remembered it. It's still, in my not-so-unbiased opinion, the best nighttime show ever!

As a party of two we were seated with another couple, but it wasn't awkward because they were really nice. Side note: The tables are tiny, and with how much stuff they brought us (water bottles and hot chocolate for all) things got a little cramped!

I think I would've liked this better if it was a dessert buffet vs plated desserts, but I would still definitely do it again.

D6S23UT.jpg

I went back a few pages but don’t necessarily have the patience to read all 140 pages 😂

Just a few quick questions:

Our WOC dessert party time says 9:30 and the show starts at 10:15. What time would you recommend lining up?

Are there better seats to go for in this or is all about the same? Are they still preassigned?

ETA: okay I read the first page and saw the high chairs are recommended based on the OP’s suggestion. Is this just because you can see better? Will kids do okay sitting in these taller chairs?

What kind of drink options are there? I’m having a hard time finding recent info on this for some reason.

Last edited:
I went back a few pages but don’t necessarily have the patience to read all 140 pages 😂

Our WOC dessert party time says 9:30 and the show starts at 10:15. What time would you recommend lining up?

Are there better seats to go for in this or is all about the same? Are they still preassigned?

ETA: okay I read the first page and saw the high chairs are recommended based on the OP’s suggestion. Is this just because you can see better? Will kids do okay sitting in these taller chairs?

What kind of drink options are there? I’m having a hard time finding recent info on this for some reason.

I would get to the area around 9-915, but there really isn’t a “bad” seat in the dessert section, but the further back in the line you are the longer you will wait to be seated and get a drink order in. They are pretty efficient.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, don’t sweat it.

I’ve sat in both the lower and higher. The higher are like movie director chairs. Our kids are 6 and 2 and so we didn’t want the high top. I attached a picture of our view. I did a high top by myself a few years go and I don’t note a big different in view.

The drinks are all the usual suspects: soda, juice, hot chocolate. We love the hot chocolate. They also offer some alcoholic beverages. I attached a picture of our dessert plates too.

Idk why the picture are uploading sideways.

This was July 4 this year, so just a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• DB36D17E-7473-40DD-925D-E6E4B108563E.jpeg
    DB36D17E-7473-40DD-925D-E6E4B108563E.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 8F6258F2-94A5-4E0D-BEA1-D17CE775CA77.jpeg
    8F6258F2-94A5-4E0D-BEA1-D17CE775CA77.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 30

I would get to the area around 9-915, but there really isn’t a “bad” seat in the dessert section, but the further back in the line you are the longer you will wait to be seated and get a drink order in. They are pretty efficient.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, don’t sweat it.

I’ve sat in both the lower and higher. The higher are like movie director chairs. Our kids are 6 and 2 and so we didn’t want the high top. I attached a picture of our view. I did a high top by myself a few years go and I don’t note a big different in view.

The drinks are all the usual suspects: soda, juice, hot chocolate. We love the hot chocolate. They also offer some alcoholic beverages. I attached a picture of our dessert plates too.

Idk why the picture are uploading sideways.

This was July 4 this year, so just a couple weeks ago.

Awesome, that was a huge help! Thank you so much.

I think I read you can have two alcoholic beverages, but how many other drinks can you have? Is there a limit?

I also can not remember, is the tip included? Something I paid for included a tip and I can not for the life of me remember what that was. lol

OP here. Please read the first post. It answers some of these questions and has photos and time suggestions.

ETA: okay I read the first page and saw the high chairs are recommended based on the OP’s suggestion. Is this just because you can see better? Will kids do okay sitting in these taller chairs?..
It's really up to you whether you choose a high or low table. For most people, it's a comfort or safety reason. Some guests have back problems or balance issues that make a low table safer. For younger kids, a low table can be easier and safer. We've never had a big problem with either, but I know people who only want one or the other.

It's really up to you whether you choose a high or low table. For most people, it's a comfort or safety reason. Some guests have back problems or balance issues that make a low table safer. For younger kids, a low table can be easier and safer. We've never had a big problem with either, but I know people who only want one or the other.

The kids in our group are older (8 and 9) so sounds like we’d be better off in the tall chairs. They just look more fun to me. 😂

Hi. We've got our first trip to Disneyland California coming up in a few weeks! Have booked the World of Color dessert party for Friday Aug 23rd. The confirmation states 9.30pm, however I've just noticed that the hours for August have been updated and the show is now at 9.00pm. Should I get an updated confirmation, or do I just need to remember to turn up earlier?

Thanks

View attachment 419548
Got this email had a slight oh no they canceled!! Then read it and said well that’s not I bad
Hi. We've got our first trip to Disneyland California coming up in a few weeks! Have booked the World of Color dessert party for Friday Aug 23rd. The confirmation states 9.30pm, however I've just noticed that the hours for August have been updated and the show is now at 9.00pm. Should I get an updated confirmation, or do I just need to remember to turn up earlier?

Thanks

Some people are receiving the email shown above. You may receive one soon or you could call Disney to confirm the show time for your Dessert Party date.

Does anyone know how the WOC MaxPass reservations work? How are the individual color areas assigned or can you choose?

I think I read you can have two alcoholic beverages, but how many other drinks can you have? Is there a limit?

I also can not remember, is the tip included? Something I paid for included a tip and I can not for the life of me remember what that was. lol

Tip is included, so it wasn't with your WOC Dessert Package.

I hate when I can't figure out a charge. (hope you remember. if you're like me it'll be in the middle of the night you'll wake up and go, oh yeah it was xyz!) ;)

We have been twice. First time, we were the last ones. RSR took longer than anticipated and they already took the Dessert Party sign down. It still wasn't a big deal. We go the last table (high top) and it was a spectacular view. Dessert and drinks came immediately and we had time to eat, chat, and take pics before it began.

Last time (few weeks ago) we had MP for Incredible Coaster but it broke. We went to see how the line was at 8:45pm and it was already 30+ people deep. We all looked and said, let's go ride Goofy's Sky School instead. We came back and were about 3 tables from the end. (We should have just went on another ride, but we snaked around that line.) Seat was another high top and view was just fine again. Unless you are super picky on where you want to sit, don't worry about it.

I know they had quite a few non alcoholic choices, but I only remember the booze. lol :rolleyes1 It was Sam Adams Seasonal, Sparkling Wine, and their signature drink (its blue with lemonade I believe with vodka, I didn't like it. Dh thought it was ok) Server could tell by my face I didn't like it (oops) so I got sparkling wine instead. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter