World of Color Superthread

I've always done 2nd WOC front and center in the wet zone. We would line up during the first show on the bridge and wait til the 2nd showing. Just wondering with the new maxpass addition and there only being one show now, how early and where do people line up? I have a short party of 4 with me being the tallest at 5'3", so we enjoy being up front even if we do get a little wet (using a poncho). I'm open to other suggestions of spots to head to also. We don't mind waiting, just don't want to wait and still not be able to see. Would love to do the desert party, but not in the budget with other priorities.
also...any thoughts/rumors/predictions on Disney bringing back 2 showings this summer?
thanks!

The last time I asked WOC CMs, which was after the soft opening finished and the regular show was back, they said that the line up spots were the same as before. So you should be able to go where you used to go -- you'll see the lit signs for each area. I haven't heard of any changes to the long standing advice given here of planning on 90 minutes for your spots, especially if you know you'll need the front row.

It's not a mist, heavy or otherwise. It is like a giant bucket of water coming down on you. Seriously. The one time we were in the wet zone (June, thank goodness, so we weren't freezing afterward) I was soaked to the skin after the first large fountain event. After that, I got my poncho out. I got hit four times during that show, each of which would have been drenching. The bottoms of my pant legs were even damp.

I didn't want to be in the wet zone for that show - DD and DH insisted. After that, I have never gone there again.
I can second this. When we go, we always bring ponchos and always go for the yellow wet zone. Best views in my opinion. But there have been times where those big water canons go off and it's like a torrential down pour. Everyone around us was soaked to the bone. Like they just fell in a pool with their clothes on. Us...dry as could be. For those reading, snag some $5 ponchos at Walmart and head for the Yellow section. Get in line 90 minutes before the show and you'll have the best view and best time imaginable.

Going to WOC Dessert Party for the first time on July 3rd
.....where do you line up and how far in advance should you get in line?? Thanks :)

Yes, I have the same question but as a solo. I'm guessing I'll be sharing a table with people no matter what... so is it possible I can just walk up and get a front table? I'm making a lot of assumptions about how this works, haha.

Yes, I have the same question but as a solo. I'm guessing I'll be sharing a table with people no matter what... so is it possible I can just walk up and get a front table? I'm making a lot of assumptions about how this works, haha.
yep I am solo too:) So it should be interesting and fun experience:)

Going to WOC Dessert Party for the first time on July 3rd
.....where do you line up and how far in advance should you get in line?? Thanks :)
There are lit signs that tell you where to line up. Look for the sign that says "Dessert Party" or you can ask the CMs as they are setting up. Your area will be opposite the entrance to the Little Mermaid ride. The tables are generally pre-assigned, so it won't necessarily help if you get in line hours early.

We had someone solo show up just before show time and get seated at our front row table. So it can happen! (But I don't know how common this is.)

Is there an option to get non-alcoholic beverages with the dessert package if you don't drink?

Hi all! We will be coming to DL and DCA for the first time in exactly 2 weeks! I have already booked a dessert party for WOC...but have noticed on this thread that you can be seated with other people not in your party? It will be me, my DH, and my DS. Neither of them will be thrilled if other folks are seated at a table with us. How commonly are parties of 3 seated with others?

Hi all! We will be coming to DL and DCA for the first time in exactly 2 weeks! I have already booked a dessert party for WOC...but have noticed on this thread that you can be seated with other people not in your party? It will be me, my DH, and my DS. Neither of them will be thrilled if other folks are seated at a table with us. How commonly are parties of 3 seated with others?

To be honest, there's just no way to know if someone else will be seated with you. It comes down to how busy the DP is on the night. If there are any singles booked that night and you happen to be the only '3 top' booking then it's certainly possible someone could be seated with you.
If it's a deal-breaker then you probably can't do the party.
Last visit it was my son and I that went and we were seated with another mother and her daughter. I'm like your husband/son and not really keen on sharing/chatting with strangers but honestly, it wasn't that bad. A bit of polite chit chat when we sat down over a few minutes and that was it really. Once the show starts you don't even notice.
Perthaps sit your husband to your very left (or right as the case may be) then your son then you next to the 'single' seat? That way, if there is another person they could just acknowledge them with a quick smile or hello but then basically talk more amongst themselves / yourselves without having to interact too much with the other person should there happen to be someone assigned to your table - just a thought : )

I agree with the pp that if sharing a table with another party of any size will be a significant problem, then the Dessert Party may not be the best choice for your family. We've been seated with another party any time we weren't a full party of 4, and everything has always turned out fine. It is Disney, after all, so even with total strangers, we know we share something in common right away. And being polite and generally friendly never hurt anyone. The other party may be less than thrilled to be seated with you! Or they may be afraid to be seated with strangers -- this happened to us once when a solo young woman was seated at our table. We could sense her anxiety and tried very hard to set her at ease. Once she realized that we weren't ax murderers (at least, I hope she figured that out!), she relaxed and seemed too enjoy herself. We were able to help her plan her next day in the parks and give her some good tips and strategies. Everyone left after the show with smiles.

I agree with the pp that if sharing a table with another party of any size will be a significant problem, then the Dessert Party may not be the best choice for your family. We've been seated with another party any time we weren't a full party of 4, and everything has always turned out fine. It is Disney, after all, so even with total strangers, we know we share something in common right away. And being polite and generally friendly never hurt anyone. The other party may be less than thrilled to be seated with you! Or they may be afraid to be seated with strangers -- this happened to us once when a solo young woman was seated at our table. We could sense her anxiety and tried very hard to set her at ease. Once she realized that we weren't ax murderers (at least, I hope she figured that out!), she relaxed and seemed too enjoy herself. We were able to help her plan her next day in the parks and give her some good tips and strategies. Everyone left after the show with smiles.
It’s interesting. I think DL, for whatever reason, attracts a lot of introverted people. But in a lot of cases you’re forced to interact - rides, share tables, share limited space, etc. It can be a bit awkward at first if you’re not naturally extroverted. But more often than not I quickly realize that everyone is there to enjoy the parks and a quick bond can be built at least to ease any tension. And with the cantina and Smuggler’s Run, my “interacting with strangers” abilities are getting a workout!!

It’s interesting. I think DL, for whatever reason, attracts a lot of introverted people. But in a lot of cases you’re forced to interact - rides, share tables, share limited space, etc. It can be a bit awkward at first if you’re not naturally extroverted. But more often than not I quickly realize that everyone is there to enjoy the parks and a quick bond can be built at least to ease any tension. And with the cantina and Smuggler’s Run, my “interacting with strangers” abilities are getting a workout!!
This is so true -- at the parks and at D23 events, too! Some people are extroverted anywhere, but for others, even just a shy, but friendly smile is usually enough to start breaking any ice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!