World of Color Superthread

Would it make more sense to reserve PTN dining package if we wanted to see both PTN and WOC. Right now we have a dining package for WOC only. I should add that this will be for early July 2018.
I cannot imagine paying for a reserved spot for any parade unless I had cash to burn and/or I had someone in my group who needed special consideration (maybe a health issue or something). With parades there are just so many spots where you can see it from.

WOC is different. It's viewing is much more restricted especially for small children and vertically challenged adults. So I would vote to put money towards WOC and, specifically, the Dessert Party.

:wizard:

I cannot imagine paying for a reserved spot for any parade unless I had cash to burn and/or I had someone in my group who needed special consideration (maybe a health issue or something). With parades there are just so many spots where you can see it from.

WOC is different. It's viewing is much more restricted especially for small children and vertically challenged adults. So I would vote to put money towards WOC and, specifically, the Dessert Party.

Thank you this helps tremendously!

Are there any "bad" seats that the WOC Dessert party? We won't be able to line up early.

We have a party of 2, so are we guaranteed to sit together, even if we are seated with other people?

What happens if you are later than the 9:30 time they have on the reservation? If we are seated with another party who has already started, will we get a fresh bread basket?

Are there any "bad" seats that the WOC Dessert party? We won't be able to line up early.

We have a party of 2, so are we guaranteed to sit together, even if we are seated with other people?

What happens if you are later than the 9:30 time they have on the reservation? If we are seated with another party who has already started, will we get a fresh bread basket?
You can arrive later than that but I do not know how much later. It is a Dessert Party and cast members do serve dessert boxes and drinks. They stop once the show starts so you have to be there early enough to be seated and served.

For more info on seating and quality of views, see page 111 of this thread and the OP:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/world-of-color-superthread.2542717/page-111

According to some reports and pics on Twitter a section of the platform broke, so it’s unclear if the show will be returning on June 22.

Has anyone heard anything from Disney? I saw a post on FB where someone said they were told emails were sent to people that have it booked about the cancellation, but I haven’t received an email. And the person that said this didn’t have it booked...just what a CM told them. Just curious if anyone that actually has it booked has heard anything. I don’t always trust what phone CMs say!

Has anyone heard anything from Disney? I saw a post on FB where someone said they were told emails were sent to people that have it booked about the cancellation, but I haven’t received an email. And the person that said this didn’t have it booked...just what a CM told them. Just curious if anyone that actually has it booked has heard anything. I don’t always trust what phone CMs say!
Not me not yet. :worried:

I have a WCT lunch booked for WC in July...hoping for the best.

Currently cannot make any World of Color reservations....dining or dessert party. Was really hoping for the dessert party when I fly down in July to help my youngest daughter move back home. Is there a way to get an alert if they open the reservations online?

I heard yesterday through my contacts who knows more than I do that WOC reopening on schedule on June 22 is highly doubtful. :sad:

I heard yesterday through my contacts who knows more than I do that WOC reopening on schedule on June 22 is highly doubtful. :sad:

Not what I was hoping to hear. Me and oldest daughter are helping to move youngest daughter back to Oregon, was hoping to do something special for her before we left. Her fiance just recently broke off their engagement, lets just say she could use a little magic.

Not what I was hoping to hear. Me and oldest daughter are helping to move youngest daughter back to Oregon, was hoping to do something special for her before we left. Her fiance just recently broke off their engagement, lets just say she could use a little magic.
:grouphug:

I won’t let this ruin our trip, but I am super bummed as this was the one thing I was most looking forward to! I guess this may give me an excuse to change this “once in a lifetime” trip to “twice”.

How delayed do they think it will be? I am planning a trip in August and WOC is one of our must dos.
No idea. WOC is important to Disney and DCA and I have a hard time believing they will not have it repaired by August. But it is a complex water show so who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter