World of Color Superthread

I have no doubt you'd be considerate about the placement of a tripod. I have done the dessert party before though and just recall feeling packed in like sardines with tables and chairs very close together. I don't think I could have squeezed a tripod in there, but I was sitting in the front row. They are very accommodating of their guests though. You could ask for a second row table and see if there was room behind you or to your side.

I have shot WOC a number of times. You need to decide on how you want to shoot it. You only need a tripod if you are planning to do long exposures. I'm just saying if you want longer exposures, you will get blurry images in spite of your camera being steady on a tripod because of the action in the projections. My goal has always been to shoot at a pretty fast shutter speed to freeze the action of the projections. If you're shooting at a fast shutter speed, you don't need a tripod. The problem of course is that it's dark out so you need a "fast" lens to get a fast shutter speed in lower light.

I can get some good speed bursts with my lens. I'm more concerned with my steadiness lol! Lots of fireworks coming up before I go so I'll play around :)! Thanks for your great feedback!

I can get some good speed bursts with my lens. I'm more concerned with my steadiness lol! Lots of fireworks coming up before I go so I'll play around :)! Thanks for your great feedback!
My hands are crazy unsteady. But honestly, with a fast enough shutter speed, it doesn't matter. You need to get your ISO as high as you are happy with on your camera and set the aperture wide open and see how fast you can get the shutter speed. If you don't have a "fast" lens, you might want to consider getting one at some point. Most will start with a fast prime, either a 35 or 50mm f/1.8.

Is there any difference in viewing locations between the two dining packages, e.g., do Carthay Circle reservations get better viewing spots?

@HydroGuy - If I read correctly, the green areas are for dining packages. CCR guests are (for some reason?) directed more toward the back of the reserved area BUT I can ask to move closer to the front of the green area?

@HydroGuy - If I read correctly, the green areas are for dining packages. CCR guests are (for some reason?) directed more toward the back of the reserved area BUT I can ask to move closer to the front of the green area?
Yes and yes. I have heard that CMs have gotten more strict about trying to force folks into the CCR area. I have also heard that guests have to be maybe even more forceful in insisting that they want to go further forward. YMMV. I have not personally done CCR for WOC in the last 4 years. I have done AG (now gone with the PP refurb) and I have done Dessert Party. But not CCR. Others here might have a more recent experience to share. I have not heard any updates on the CCR thing for about a year now.

Other CCR folks at WOC want to share?

:wizard:

Yes and yes. I have heard that CMs have gotten more strict about trying to force folks into the CCR area. I have also heard that guests have to be maybe even more forceful in insisting that they want to go further forward. YMMV. I have not personally done CCR for WOC in the last 4 years. I have done AG (now gone with the PP refurb) and I have done Dessert Party. But not CCR. Others here might have a more recent experience to share. I have not heard any updates on the CCR thing for about a year now.

Other CCR folks at WOC want to share?

We had trouble with it on our trip several years ago, so I think it's very much CM dependent. We had to push the issue to get further up.

Is there any difference in viewing locations between the two dining packages, e.g., do Carthay Circle reservations get better viewing spots?

Actually you get worse. The OP discusses this. :crazy2:

Better and worse are subjective. If you like and want a big picture view, go for the CCR Package. If you want an up close and more immersive view (and don't mind possibly getting misted and/or wet), go for the WCT Package. Or, if it all depends on food, just choose whichever menu appeals more. We've had good viewing experiences in both dining package areas, but we knew what view we wanted when we booked the packages.

Better and worse are subjective. If you like and want a big picture view, go for the CCR Package. If you want an up close and more immersive view (and don't mind possibly getting misted and/or wet), go for the WCT Package. Or, if it all depends on food, just choose whichever menu appeals more. We've had good viewing experiences in both dining package areas, but we knew what view we wanted when we booked the packages.
Thanks, I should have qualified CCR viewing is "worse" IMO as I state in the OP. Not everyone shares my view of things. But they should!:rolleyes1

Thanks, I should have qualified CCR viewing is "worse" IMO as I state in the OP. Not everyone shares my view of things. But they should!:rolleyes1

LOL. :)
I always thought Disney put the CCR guests further back because they simply assumed that people paying more money for a package wouldn't want to get wet. Suits don't want to get wet, so guests wouldn't want to either, right? Doubt the quality of the view ever entered their minds. It is a nice view, especially for people who process "big picture" better -- and there is so much visual stimuli to process with this show. But I always try to encourage people who have the opportunity to see the show again to go up front -- whole different experience, like a whole different show.
We haven't tried getting a CCR FP and asking to go closer in a while. Next time we do, I'll report back on what happens.

Do they change the Dessert Party food and drinks for Season of Light? Or do they serve the same plate and drinks that they do during the regular WOC? Thanks in advance!

With the newly released schedule for the end of June, there's just the one World of Colour show at 10:15. Do you think they're likely to add a second show, or is it too tight with the Paint the Night at 8:50? My 4YO really wants to see WoC but there is no way she can hang until 11PM. Ugh, what a bummer.

With the newly released schedule for the end of June, there's just the one World of Colour show at 10:15. Do you think they're likely to add a second show, or is it too tight with the Paint the Night at 8:50? My 4YO really wants to see WoC but there is no way she can hang until 11PM. Ugh, what a bummer.
With PtN I’m expecting each to show once a night with the 8:50 / 10:15 schedule. The only thing I could see happening is a second PtN potentially but that’s if the park stays open to 11 or midnight.

Sunset in late June isn't until 8:00 or so with full dark not happening until 8:20-8:30. Since DCA closes at 10:00 (almost always in the summer), there just isn't the dark time to do PtN AND two WoC shows. As this schedule shows, there actually isn't time to do even one WoC - the one they do happens AFTER the park officially closes.

Sunset in late June isn't until 8:00 or so with full dark not happening until 8:20-8:30. Since DCA closes at 10:00 (almost always in the summer), there just isn't the dark time to do PtN AND two WoC shows. As this schedule shows, there actually isn't time to do even one WoC - the one they do happens AFTER the park officially closes.
Would it make more sense to reserve PTN dining package if we wanted to see both PTN and WOC. Right now we have a dining package for WOC only. I should add that this will be for early July 2018.

I personally think about the crossover with PTN and WOC is that if you look at the Disneyland app under shows at DCA you can see that there is also a PTN viewing station near The Little Mermaid that is right across the way from WOC viewing. So it might interfere with WOC (music, lights, ETC) but other than that I don't see the big fuss, I also think that the crossover is temporary until WOC is up again. I also think the only reason why WOC is down rn is to add some scenes from Incredibles 2 and Coco, and for whatever Disney wants to do with the bay while in prosses with Pixar Pier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter