World of Color Superthread

For those that have seen the show I'm wondering...In the fall when the Santa Anna wind starts to blow. Does the wind calm down when it gets dark?Do you think the show will be cancelled because of the wind? Do you think the Soak Zone will be most of Paradise Park?

We saw the show Sunday (7/4) night - first show, picnic, yellow section. We picked up our food around 6pm (Asian and American) and then dropped the bags off at the hotel (GCH). We lined up around 6:45 and were let in around 7:25. There was a big crowd, but we were about 3 or 4 deep, so it wasn't too bad. We stood against the rail in the second tier, right next to the "stage" for the pre-show.

Right as the show was starting, a tall man in the section in front of us (lowest level) put his daughter on his shoulders. Although she didn't block the entire view, she was directly in front of the main "screen" and was swaying her arms as if she was a conductor. About half way through, he put her down and people in our area clapped. But, a minute later, she was back up, this time wearing her princess ears - yes, the tall pointy hat that blocked even more of the view. I was disappointed that the CMs walking by didn't at least ask them to remove the hat, if not the child. I didn't realize that they were encouraging parents to put kids on shoulders. I don't know how it wouldn't block someone's view unless you were in the very back row of the upper section.

Overall, I liked the show, but think it was very poorly designed with everyone standing. The only possible solution would be to make the lower levels sitting areas similar to F! but I know that would decrease the number of FPs they could hand out.

:rolleyes1 Where is Hydroguy?! I know there may not be enough data in yet, but I'm waiting for expert tidbits on how to deal with WOC!
:)
Hydroguy is in Spain and Europe touring with his family and a much needed break.

Jack
Just back on Tuesday and still dealing with some jet lag. That is why I am on DIS at 4AM! :laughing:

We were in Spain for a week connecting with DS17 who was ending an exchange student program for 5 months in Madrid, then Italy for a couple weeks. It was my first time to Italy. Wow. Just wow. Now, back a few weeks before we head to SoCal to visit some family, DLR and the beach. :)

we'll be seeing the show on sunday night (we've pre-ordered picnics) and will have in our party two 7-year olds that are about 4 feet tall. what time should we line up? i guess we need a railing spot otherwise the kids won't be able to see and we'll be stuck holding them or putting them on our shoulders (which we'd prefer not to do in order not to block other people's view plus they weigh 50 pounds).

thanks.

For those that have seen the show I'm wondering...In the fall when the Santa Anna wind starts to blow. Does the wind calm down when it gets dark?Do you think the show will be cancelled because of the wind? Do you think the Soak Zone will be most of Paradise Park?

Nope, the Santa Ana winds blow WORSE at night in the fall. The gusts usually start around 5pm or so and get worse as the night goes on. It's due to the cooling effect of night and the change in temps from the warm air over the ocean.

I guarantee that the WOC will be cancelled on several nights in the fall. The winds get pretty severe sometimes. Sustained at 30-40mph, with gusts in the 60-80mph range are not out of the ordinary.

Nope, the Santa Ana winds blow WORSE at night in the fall. The gusts usually start around 5pm or so and get worse as the night goes on. It's due to the cooling effect of night and the change in temps from the warm air over the ocean.

I guarantee that the WOC will be cancelled on several nights in the fall. The winds get pretty severe sometimes. Sustained at 30-40mph, with gusts in the 60-80mph range are not out of the ordinary.

So then the wind blows to the ocean? So this would make Paradise Park drier.

That 3rd show can kill your feet, diffnetly plan for It take a break and then go and see It. We try todo the parks all day and then see it. We where beat!, and haveing to stand in line just to get In an dthen through the show Yikes!. Its nice but I do not know If its that nice.:confused3

We saw the show last Wednesday and loved it! I was a little worried because we had five little ones with us and was worried that they wouldn't be able to see. We had picked up our picnic lunch earlier in the day and were in section blue. We entered our section at around 7:35. We had the option of going to the splash zone but no one wanted to get wet. Our main priority was making sure our kids could see the show. We asked the CM where a good place would be to stand for the kids and she suggested a ramp that was just behind the handicap section . We were right at the railing with a little garden in front of us and had no problem seeing. I can see how people may not be able to see. In the first two tiers people were packed like sardines 4-5 rows deep. Amazing show!

Hey all,

I saw World of Color 2 years ago. We got Blue FP very early in the morning (right after park opening) and showed up 90 minutes before the show to get in line, and our spots were still not that great.

We didn't have anyone directly in front of us as we stood in front of some bushes, but there were a significant amount of people in the area next to the railing.

So this time around, I'm looking at the dining packages. Are they worth it? I see on the map where they stick you, but based off where I stood last time and how early we got there, you would have thought my early planning would have paid off.

I'm not super-crazy about the place where they stick the package holders—you still have to get there early to be at the front of each level or you have the same problems you'd have in any section. But we have found that they also let us filter down into the splash zones belonging to other color tickets—maybe a fluke, but if you do like being that close, it would be a nice perk.

Hey all,

I saw World of Color 2 years ago. We got Blue FP very early in the morning (right after park opening) and showed up 90 minutes before the show to get in line, and our spots were still not that great.

We didn't have anyone directly in front of us as we stood in front of some bushes, but there were a significant amount of people in the area next to the railing.

So this time around, I'm looking at the dining packages. Are they worth it? I see on the map where they stick you, but based off where I stood last time and how early we got there, you would have thought my early planning would have paid off.

I have no idea why this thread got spun off the main WOC Superthread. Weird. Anyways, do not look to the reserved dining to get a better view. IMO they are only worth it if you want to eat at the restaurant already.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter