World of Color Superthread

Also, interestingly we had a CM approach us to tell us we may need to lift up the kids during the show & she offered that shoulder sitting was fine as long as we weren't blocking anyone behind us. This suprised me, but we didn't have any kids on shoulders (wasn't even necessary, let alone it is rude!) Though I did see a few kids in the lower tiers on shoulders.

That is just INSANE! I don't know what the answer is, but encouraging guests to put their kids on their shoulders is NOT the answer! I'd be hopping mad if I paid a bunch of money for a dining package then stood behind someone 2 full feet taller than me!!!!

Honestly, did it come as a surprise to them that kids would have trouble seeing in this poorly arranged situation???????????

i just downloaded the UP remix by pogo that they play at glow fest! that song rocks!!!!! now it's my ringtone!! lol

Stayed at the VGC last week, and had a room with a park view (room 3506, 2BR Dedicated).

The view of WoC, although not perfect, was more than acceptable. We watched the show 4 or 5 times all the way through. Sound was actually better with the balcony door open, watching it from inside the "living room" than it was with the door closed using the TV audio. Slight obstructions from the lighthouse on top of the building next to where they are building the Ariel ride, and from a pine tree, but still almost everything is visible. The Golden Zephyr doesn't seem to come into play at all.

The view of WoC, although not perfect, was more than acceptable. We watched the show 4 or 5 times all the way through. Sound was actually better with the balcony door open, watching it from inside the "living room" than it was with the door closed using the TV audio.

So they did have the WoC music on the tv?

Anyone know if they have this at PPH or DLH?

The view of WoC, although not perfect, was more than acceptable. We watched the show 4 or 5 times all the way through. Sound was actually better with the balcony door open, watching it from inside the "living room" than it was with the door closed using the TV audio. QUOTE]

So they did have the WoC music on the tv?

Anyone know if they have this at PPH or DLH?

Yes, the WoC music is on the tv at the DLH. We were there this past weekend.

That is just INSANE! I don't know what the answer is, but encouraging guests to put their kids on their shoulders is NOT the answer! I'd be hopping mad if I paid a bunch of money for a dining package then stood behind someone 2 full feet taller than me!!!!

Honestly, did it come as a surprise to them that kids would have trouble seeing in this poorly arranged situation???????????

i would have a problem. well no i would have a BIG problem with that also! that is not cool. come one , lots of adults are shorter then 5'5! i know i am. and to suggest to put your kid on top of your shoulders..seriously,

Also, interestingly we had a CM approach us to tell us we may need to lift up the kids during the show & she offered that shoulder sitting was fine as long as we weren't blocking anyone behind us. This suprised me, but we didn't have any kids on shoulders (wasn't even necessary, let alone it is rude!) Though I did see a few kids in the lower tiers on shoulders.

Why is everyone taking this out of context? :confused3

Shoulders is fine if you aren't blocking anyone behind you. As Egrtz wrote she was told.

Shoulders is fine if you aren't blocking anyone behind you. As Egrtz wrote she was told.

Well, I've just stood behind too many people at fireworks, stage shows, parades etc. who didn't care one tiny bit whether lifting their child on their shoulders would block anyone else. Unless someone were standing in the very back, or one of the outside edges, it would block someone else. That would seem to me to be a minority of cases.

When picked up our picnic meals I was told by the CM that the views should be good, but if they weren't there were always shoulders for the little ones....

When picked up our picnic meals I was told by the CM that the views should be good, but if they weren't there were always shoulders for the little ones....

Sounds like a spur of the moment answer to react to their complete lack of preparation for the viewing by kids. I still think it's nuts to suggest potentially blocking someone else's view.

I can see it now.... They all show up for that first run-through..... and some CM with little kids asks the obvious "how are my kids going to see anything" to which they say "OH CRUD! We forgot about the kids..... Well.... uhhhh..... just tell them to put them up on their shoulders......"

Whew........... problem solved...........

:rolleyes1 Where is Hydroguy?! I know there may not be enough data in yet, but I'm waiting for expert tidbits on how to deal with WOC!
:)

Well, given the set up of the WOC viewing area, I can't imagine that hoisting a kid onto an adults' shoulders wouldn't block someone's view... unless no one was behind them at all.

Maybe Disney needs to erect a "leaning wall" in the very back of the viewing area and the direct anyone who wants to hoist kids on their shoulders there. ;)

We did the 9:00 show last Friday night in the yellow section with the picnic fast passes. I picked a spot right at the rail on the third tier. There was one man in front of my in the second tier who put his kid on his shoulders about 1/4 of the way through the show. My husband purposely didn't even hold our six year old on his hip to not block other people. We did let our ds stand on his seat in our sit n stand stroller though. That still only made him about as tall as me. He told me he could see fine though.

:rolleyes1 Where is Hydroguy?! I know there may not be enough data in yet, but I'm waiting for expert tidbits on how to deal with WOC!
:)

Hydroguy is in Spain and Europe touring with his family and a much needed break.

Jack

which show do you think would be less crowded early or late??

I imagine because of the demand to see the show both are as busy as eachother, the added third show would be the only one that may be quieter as it is latest for families to watch.

Went and saw Color 6/12. Was better than I imagined. Got second show and blue section. Couldn't ask for better place and the weather was just mild to help things along. Go if you can. You will really like it if you luv fantasmic like I do!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter