• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World of color dessert party?!

Does anyone have an image, or can give me a description of the gluten free plate? I hear its mostly cheese and fruit (possibly a sorbet?) but wasn't 100% sure. My mom isn't gluten intolerant but cannot eat a lot of fat due to another medical condition, so I figured that would probably be the safer bet instead of the usual desserts. I mainly am interested in the seating, but definitely don't want to make her feel bad by plopping a bunch of dessert in front of her that she can't eat.

Someone posted this last March:

Its looking like our best night to do the World of Color Dessert Party is also a Grad night. Any reason to avoid doing WoC dessert party on a Grad Night or are you in your own little area away from the high school crowds?

Does anyone have an image, or can give me a description of the gluten free plate? I hear its mostly cheese and fruit (possibly a sorbet?) but wasn't 100% sure. My mom isn't gluten intolerant but cannot eat a lot of fat due to another medical condition, so I figured that would probably be the safer bet instead of the usual desserts. I mainly am interested in the seating, but definitely don't want to make her feel bad by plopping a bunch of dessert in front of her that she can't eat.
When I filled out the we needed gluten free when I booked the show, they didn't give us any gluten free plate. It didn't matter because there is a lot of stuff on the plate. You may be able to ask for more grapes and cheese. I think someone's trip report said they pre requested gluten free and didn't get it but they did give them another plate of grapes. FWIW, I found out a couple weeks ago that the coconut macaroons do have gluten in them. Many don't and I think people assume that these don't, but our server went and asked and came back saying that there is a tiny bit of flour in those.

Its looking like our best night to do the World of Color Dessert Party is also a Grad night. Any reason to avoid doing WoC dessert party on a Grad Night or are you in your own little area away from the high school crowds?
This is a good question. I just realized that I booked the dessert party for the one non-grad night... I wonder if I should have done that differently.

Someone posted this last March:

When I filled out the we needed gluten free when I booked the show, they didn't give us any gluten free plate. It didn't matter because there is a lot of stuff on the plate. You may be able to ask for more grapes and cheese. I think someone's trip report said they pre requested gluten free and didn't get it but they did give them another plate of grapes. FWIW, I found out a couple weeks ago that the coconut macaroons do have gluten in them. Many don't and I think people assume that these don't, but our server went and asked and came back saying that there is a tiny bit of flour in those.

Thank you for the information!

The grads get their own showing of WOC, once they are the only ones in the park. Chances are they will spend most of the day in DL and then head over to DCA for their party at 10pm, so they probably won't impact the crowds at WOC!

There will be grads in DCA during the day, but it won't feel any different than a regular crowded day in both parks. Just be more aware of what's going on around you while you walk or wait in lines since there is usually more horeseplay going on.

When I filled out the we needed gluten free when I booked the show, they didn't give us any gluten free plate...

This surprises me. When I noted my food allergies, someone from the DLR central bakery called me to discuss my needs. Then the CM at check in asked about it (and I made sure that he was aware of it), and I told him that I had discussed the matter with someone on the phone. I received a different color wristband so that servers would know that my plate was different. It appeared that the CMs were quite prepared for my arrival and had everything ready. Your experience makes me a bit nervous about doing the Dessert Party again.

I received a different color wristband so that servers would know that my plate was different. It appeared that the CMs were quite prepared for my arrival and had everything ready. Your experience makes me a bit nervous about doing the Dessert Party again.
When was your experience? Mine was in December. I didn't bother asking for a gluten free plate when we went again last month.

I booked for my DD and myself for a night in June that also happens to be a grad night, so I know they are definitely taking reservations for grad night evenings. I'm hoping they are still doing the special glow cups for kids 12 and under! I think I'm going to surprise DD with the whole "dessert party" option and let her think we are just joining the throngs of people entering the area.

I booked for my DD and myself for a night in June that also happens to be a grad night, so I know they are definitely taking reservations for grad night evenings. I'm hoping they are still doing the special glow cups for kids 12 and under! I think I'm going to surprise DD with the whole "dessert party" option and let her think we are just joining the throngs of people entering the area.

That's why I did, too! Total surprise and everyone loved it. Although you do have to wait in line so it's not like you just get to walk up to your table.

I couldn't resist, I booked the dessert party for this Thursday. I figure since we haven't been to DCA in 5 years it is okay to splurge and all of the reviews make it sound like it is worth while splurge to be able to sit after the long day. I am going to try to surprise my daughter, but I am really bad at keeping secrets and I don't know how I'll pass off not eating dinner at a normal time. I am really excited to be at the resort tomorrow!!!

Does anyone know if I can call ahead and request the coconut macaroon to be replaced with something non-coconut? Neither of us will eat coconut. I thought I had read about someone doing this, but now I can't find that post. If so, how far in advance should I call? Our party is reserved for Wed, April 26. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter