• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

World of color dessert party?!

Dvcfan55

Mouseketeer
does anyone have any information on this?
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dessert-party/
It says it's a party hosted waterfront and the cost is $79?! That seems steep!

ºoº

Edited to add significant links (Mary Jo):

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to add it says there is seating involved. Does that mean the dining packages won't have as good of a view?

Disney keeps coming up with more and more ways to part the guests with their money? $79 is a huge amount of money for the opportunity to get a wee bit closer to the show. There perhaps is "bubbly" involved in addition to those sugary treats.

Am I reading it right??? Sounds like it includes sparkling wine...

I would hope there is chairs (which is what i am reading), which is what I would have expected for the CC dining package reserved viewing

This is so much more than we use to pay for the balcony dessert buffet for Fantasmic... Use to be just $33

WOW! Pretty soon everything will be an extra paid for experience, well if you want up front! Still free if you want it to be.

And...it has to be PREPAID and you can cancel 24 hours before to get a refund.

I admit, we paid for this and it was nice. Seating is fold up wooden chairs, dessert is a variety of sweets (unless you tell them in advance and they will bring fruits) and the only obstructed view is that of the person in front of you sitting- therefore not much. It is difficult with young kids, though, as they want you to stay seated for the time period before the show and during, which can add up to nearly an 1 1/2 hours or more. I didn't like the choice of little desserts, personally, but was glad to be able to sit during the show with little obstruction and no place holding (just the two of us).

I admit, we paid for this and it was nice. Seating is fold up wooden chairs, dessert is a variety of sweets...
This WOC Dessert Party is new and starts March 17. You must be describing another package, unless you are a time traveler :goodvibes

The description in the Parks Blog has a few more details, specifically:
Relax at seated high-top tables while you enjoy a sweet and savory selection of desserts, elegantly plated on china.

I'll be visiting the parks the first weekend of the Dessert Party, and will try to report on the location of the seating (I will not actually buy the package).

Guests often lined up early for the Fantasmic Dessert package (prior to fastpass), which somewhat reduced the overall value -- pay for seating, but still need to wait in line.

Welp, looks like I know what I'll be doing on my first night at Disneyland!

Love the Dessert Parties and World of Color, so I'm SUPER stoked about this!

I booked it for our April trip since we had no other "special" events or dining planned for our family. We'll do it in lieu of dinner that evening since we tend to have late lunches when in the parks. I'm also hoping it means my three DDs won't get cranky waiting and then standing for the show. We did the dessert party at MK in WDW a couple years ago and they still talk about that experience. To me, satisfied, non-cranky kiddos is all it takes to spend the money. I'll be looking forward to any reviews of the experience.

This sounds awesome but expensive!! At WDW we have done the Wishes one at Magic Kingdom, the special Hallowishes one during Halloween, and the Illuminations one at Epcot. I just looked and it was $49 for the one at Epcot and from the description, it sounds like the one that will be offered at WOC. It had the sparkling drinks, which included champagne, the seated high top tables etc. I can't book yet as out trip is in mid-June so will be looking forward to hopefully reading reviews of this one. We really enjoyed the one at Epcot except for a rat...yes, a RAT ran up our tablecloth and barely missed my foot. That thing came back a couple of times during the event.

I would totally pay for it. We did the CTC WOC lunch and weren't impressed with the food. I would almost pay that much money just for a chair! After walking all day, standing for WOC is the worst!

Just $10 more than the Fantastic Dessert seating that recently ended. Sounds like a great thing...the F! dessert seating was one of my favorite things so looking forward to giving this one a try. If it does come with seats...even better for the WOC experience!

We are looking at going on the 17th as it is the last night we are there. We have a WOC dinner package at the WCT scheduled for the night before, so we have to decide. We've done the Illuminations and Wishes parties in WDW and thought they were very good. We are considering concluding this trip with a sweet indulgence...

So the only place inside the WoC viewing area would be the little round with the steps in the middle of the dinner package area, right? So the dinner package people will get pushed to behind them? And it looks like it's scheduled for every night. I never do a package since I live very local, but this seems like it might cause some viewing problems for lots of sight lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter