Won't give us a dining plan because one family member does not eat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this advise opening the flood gates to abuse the system?
We will now buy the DLX plan for the four of us. My niece is twelve so in Disney she is an adult and has to but the same plan.

As soon as we arrive at the GF we will ad her to the room. At dinner she will order a cheap appetizer and the rest of the meal we will just split with her. Plain and simple thanks to your advise.

Why?
How do we know if the sons OP is tube fed? Some people try to avoid paying for everything. So why not use the "good advise" a cm tells you?
Buy a plan for an x amount of guests and than just pay for an salad and just let them eat for free.Kind of sneaking in kids as underage. Disney has rules and NO cm has to advocate rules to get around this. I always thought it was forbidden to post things like this.

Kaspar Houser - you are the only one advocating to "cheat the system" by having a niece order an cheap appetizer and then eat off someone else's plate! The original advice was sound advice - how to add a tube-fed person to a reservation without purchasing the DDP for said person who will not be eating - not someone who is picky and/or simply chooses to eat very little. There's a big difference!

The other possibility is to make the Resort reservation for only two people. When you get there, advise at check-in that you will now have another adult on the reservation. You will have to pay for the third adult in the room, which you would have had to do anyway, and buy his ticket, but he will have his own KTTW and you will not needs to purchase a dining plan for him.

I see nothing in the response above indicating he suggests buying just an appetizer and then sharing food from someone else's plate. And as others have mentioned, Disney has been stricter about sharing meals if there are both DDP guests and non-DDP guests at the same table. People are allowed to eat at the same table in the same restaurant both with and without the DDP - they simply inform the waitstaff how many and who are on the DDP, the others will receive a check to pay at the end of the meal.

All this points out is that there are legitimate ways to have someone stay in the same room without being on the same package plan. People add Grandma or Aunt Betty or little Billy's friend to a reservation all the time without purchasing the same package because the promotion is no longer offered when the person is added. They'll be paying for him to be in the room, paying for his tickets to the parks, and paying out of pocket for any dining expenses rather than using the DDP.

Why?
How do we know if the sons OP is tube fed? Some people try to avoid paying for everything. So why not use the "good advise" a cm tells you?
Buy a plan for an x amount of guests and than just pay for an salad and just let them eat for free.
Kind of sneaking in kids as underage. Disney has rules and NO cm has to advocate rules to get around this. I always thought it was forbidden to post things like this.

I don't see where a CM has encouraged you to share dining plan meals with a person who is not on the plan.

I'm confused....

Can't you just keep your DS off the registration? Book your stay for two with the DDP and just order off the menu and pay out of pocket for anything your DS may eat.

I was thinking of just booking our next stay for two adults w/ DDP and not add our two kids to the ressie and just pay out of pocket for their kids meals. My DD will have just turned 10 and eats like a bird. There is no way she would eat what is on the adult menu or enough...

My second option is to skip the DDP all together and use the TIW card.

I'm confused....

Can't you just keep your DS off the registration? Book your stay for two with the DDP and just order off the menu and pay out of pocket for anything your DS may eat.

I was thinking of just booking our next stay for two adults w/ DDP and not add our two kids to the ressie and just pay out of pocket for their kids meals. My DD will have just turned 10 and eats like a bird. There is no way she would eat what is on the adult menu or enough...

If you leave them off the reservation entirely, they won't be able to use DME, have room keys (may not be a problem at their age), or use EMHs (due to lack of room keys to show).

crashbb said:
If you leave them off the reservation entirely, they won't be able to use DME, have room keys (may not be a problem at their age), or use EMHs (due to lack of room keys to show).

We drive, buy our tickets through AAA, and never carry our kids room keys. We never had a problem with proving our on property status for EMH! I don't know if many parents would carry room keys for children if they weren't park passes too...

We drive, buy our tickets through AAA, and never carry our kids room keys. We never had a problem with proving our on property status for EMH! I don't know if many parents would carry room keys for children if they weren't park passes too...

Evening EMH we have always had to show room keys for each member (even child) and we have APs. We have seen people without keys for all members turned away as recently as a few weeks ago.

Evening EMH we have always had to show room keys for each member (even child) and we have APs. We have seen people without keys for all members turned away as recently as a few weeks ago.

We had to show keys for the kids as well.

Kaspar Houser - you are the only one advocating to "cheat the system" by having a niece order an cheap appetizer and then eat off someone else's plate! The original advice was sound advice - how to add a tube-fed person to a reservation without purchasing the DDP for said person who will not be eating - not someone who is picky and/or simply chooses to eat very little. There's a big difference!

Why? CF is suggesting to do this

I see nothing in the response above indicating he suggests buying just an appetizer and then sharing food from someone else's plate. And as others have mentioned, Disney has been stricter about sharing meals if there are both DDP guests and non-DDP guests at the same table. People are allowed to eat at the same table in the same restaurant both with and without the DDP - they simply inform the waitstaff how many and who are on the DDP, the others will receive a check to pay at the end of the meal.

All this points out is that there are legitimate ways to have someone stay in the same room without being on the same package plan. People add Grandma or Aunt Betty or little Billy's friend to a reservation all the time without purchasing the same package because the promotion is no longer offered when the person is added. They'll be paying for him to be in the room, paying for his tickets to the parks, and paying out of pocket for any dining expenses rather than using the DDP.

Again as long as the tip is good and ten dollars more will get you what you want.
But again no worries. Cheating and stealing is not in our textbook but a CM should not post a way to get around Disney rules.

I'm confused....

Skip the DDP.

Put your kids on the reservation. Keep everything above-board.

Kaspar Houser said:
Again as long as the tip is good and ten dollars more will get you what you want.
But again no worries. Cheating and stealing is not in our textbook but a CM should not post a way to get around Disney rules.

Until the manager notices that there is a five top only being charged 4 ts credits and no other entree charged even though everyone ate and gets involved.
As repeatedly stated it is not against Disney rules to add someone to your room last minute and not be able to get te dining plan. You are the one advocating breaking the rules by using ddp credits for a person not on the dining plan. Cf said to pay oop for his food.

Again as long as the tip is good and ten dollars more will get you what you want.But again no worries. Cheating and stealing is not in our textbook but a CM should not post a way to get around Disney rules.

THIS is considered "cheating". Please quote where you think a CM is suggesting stealing.

I disagree.your playing semantics.....cheating...stealing of a item or service is the same thing

AKK

:confused3

You can disagree all you want. But you are mistaken, when you say I am playing semantics. I am not playing anything. The pp is claiming something no one else is able to see. The only one posting aout getting around the rules is the pp.

Back to the OP: don't buy a Dining Plan. If you want your meals paid in advance, purchase some Disney Gift Cards and earmark them for just dining.

The Doning Plans don't fit your needs. You're not alone. The DDP doesn't work for every single guest.

Until the manager notices that there is a five top only being charged 4 ts credits and no other entree charged even though everyone ate and gets involved.
As repeatedly stated it is not against Disney rules to add someone to your room last minute and not be able to get te dining plan. You are the one advocating breaking the rules by using ddp credits for a person not on the dining plan. Cf said to pay oop for his food.

We must live in very different worlds. Mine is the one where waiters are way underpaid.

We must live in very different worlds. Mine is the one where waiters are way underpaid.

What does that have to do with anything? We are not talking about the income of wait staff but the ways the dining plan can legitimately work for people. You are the only one suggesting people misuse the dining plan.

What item or service is being stolen in the suggestion by Chesire Figment?

If the person is not paying per the rules for the dining plan and eating off another's plate........the item is the food and service is the plan/ table service.

It is semantics and it is cheating and stealing..............just saying it not doesn't change a thing.

AKK

If the person is not paying per the rules for the dining plan and eating off another's plate........the item is the food and service is the plan/ table service.

It is semantics and it is cheating and stealing..............just saying it not doesn't change a thing.

AKK

Well, if Chesire Figment suggested that someone eat of another's plate, you'd have a point. He, however, did not make that suggestion, which does change a lot (it makes your point moot, in fact).

I have never been a fan of the Dining plan. I can see how it would be a big savings when used during Free Dining, but other than that specific instance I feel that it is complicated and restrictive.

Complicated:
I have read posts about KTTW problems wherein all the dining credit are lost and it takes the guest hours of their limited and precious vacation time to get it sorted.

Also, you must watch your credits carefully to make sure they are correctly deducted.

Restrictive:
You are limited to entree, dessert and drink (unless on the Premimum package).

Guests with children over ten must buy the adult plan no matter how little they will be eating and everyone in the room has to be on the same plan.

So I can see how many people like to idea of pre-paying for their meals, but one could achieve the same result with a pre-paid gift card without any of the above restrictions.

For me personally, the plan will never work. I almost always go solo, so I am not eating every day in a sit down restaurant. I never eat at buffets, and I love appetizers.

Has anyone compared the WDW package pricing during FD to see if the cost of "free" dining is built into the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter