Wonders of Mrs. Potts'

alliecats

DIS Veteran
I noticed a lot of reviews about the "fancy-pants" : ) type restaurants & lots of criticism of WDW eats, but I just wanted to sing the praises of good old Disney junk food. Some things may be McDonalds in quality, but that is not always a bad thing! In case there is anyone out there like me, living for the sugar or salty high, I'd like to hear your faves. Like hot fudge sundaes at Mrs. Potts in the MK. The frozen bananas at an MGM ice cream cart. Big fat salty pretzels! Disney fudge from anywhere (why be picky), but especially from Epcot Germany. And while you're in Germany, why not snag some Haribo raspberries and blackberries! Caramel apples from Main Street. Hot dogs at the MK are superior to hotdogs at home, don't know why. Chocolate pastries in Paris! Let me know if I'm missing anything.

I like the nuts they sell off the carts, they are almonds with some kind of sugar coating, don't know if they have a name or not. I also remember getting a really good pretzel with some sort of sweet topping in Fantasyland. And of course just about anything in the sweet shop on Main Street!!:wave2:

I know what you mean about those nuts GIOny - I smelled them and stopped dead in my tracks, turned around and ordered some - and I don't really like nuts!

I like going to the... what's it called... Candy Cauldron? In DTD - I love the chocolate covered apples, and the fudge... ooooo the fudge! Giant pretzels are always a good thing too!

How are the turkey legs?

D4D

The huge pecan turtles at the candy shop on Main Street are a must do. Ice cream cones from the stand right outside ToT. Chocolate eclairs from France. Footlongs from Toluca at MGM. Mickey gummies and Mickey pretzels.

I must have them all!! Can't wait until my counter runs down!!

Don't forget the chocolate covered marshmallows at MGM and MK!! Ours had a mickey straw for the stick!

:sunny:

I love the chocolate covered Mickey pretzels - the small ones in the bag. DH loves the big chocolate covered Mickey pretzel that's dipped in crushed reese's pieces.

caramel apples, chocolate covered strawberries, dolewhip floats, any ice cream sundae, the list goes on and on - yummy!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE:

the marshmallows mentioned above
Tollhouse ice cream sandwiches
Beaver Tails with maple and chocolate
funnel cakes with powdered sugar
Chocolate truffles and fudge from anywhere in any park
giant rice krispie treats dipped in chocolate

and no matter what- every trip, I have to go to Germany and get one of those HUGE Toblerone bars. Yes, I know they sell these at Target, but it just isn't the same as toting it around in my backpack as I tour WS!!

The treats from the candy and ice cream place right near Spoodles always to the trick for me.

And get me a Dole whip please!!

Hmmmmm! I am soooo hungry now! ;) Our trip seems soooo far away!

Someone asked about the turkey legs. We had them once. In our humble opinion, they smell better than they taste. They're so greasy that it was difficult to eat without making a mess. :p I'm glad we tried it, but I don't think I'll buy one again. I'll just enjoy the aroma!

Two favourites of mine are the citris swirls in Adventureland and the strawberry swirls by the teacups. Yum! Oh, I also love the fried mushrooms you get at Pinnochio's at the topping bar. If only people would stop taking these toppings without buying food there. I always worry that these topping bars will disappear b/c of inconsiderate people. :rolleyes:

Okay, now I've got to get a snack! ;)

I kind of like a good mix of the "fancy pants" places and good ol' Disney junk food.

After reading this thread I think I've been missing some goodies though! I'll just have to do something about that in June!

I love corndogs from the cart on the BW, bear claws from Norway, the cinnamon almonds that smell so good, hmm what else?

Where do you find these marshmallow things? They sound yummy.

OOOH I forgot! I absolutely love the chili dogs and onion rings from that cart on BW. See, I got so caught up in the sweet stuff I totally forgot about the other yummies! Can you say sweet tooth?

Have you ever tried those churros in the cantina near the Mexico pavilion? YUMMY!!! I have also found them on a cart in DTD. Pure cinnamon and sugar delights!!!

I also love the HUGE chocolate iced rice krispie treats from the bake shop on Main St. USA. Something you can make at home but they taste so much more delicious from WDW!!!

And no one can leave "The World" without having a Mickey ice cream bar. That is an absolute must!!!

I also like the Rice Krispie Treats dipped in chocolate, topped with some sprinkles. Num. When I was there in Oct., I noticed in the Main Street candy shop a HUGE Krispy Treat- made in a 9 inch cake pan at least! It cracked me up!

I am also a fan of the small chocolate Mickey pretzels in a bag.

And, although you can get them just about anywhere, I always have to get a bag of rainbow sour balls in the Goofy candy bag.

And who can do without popcorn at least 2-3 times during the trip?

Noooo stop stop. You guys are driving me nuts. I just got back 2 weeks ago and I am dying to go again. I have been swamping the reward sites and have enough to go again but my wife will not let me go until late september. I was trying to talk her into may and september. My favorite- those giant rice krispy treats. I also like the ones drizzled with white chocolate. My 3 year old went nuts over those disney chocolate dollars and chocolate lollipops.

Hi everyone,

Ok I totally love this thread!!! My dh and I were in Fantasyland on our honeymoon in 2000 and just planning to "walk through" on our way to Space Mountain. We both had to stop after seeing tons of children and adults eating strawberry and chocolate sundaes. I mean it was like watching all these people on a warm sunny day eating these great desserts. Dh wanted to stop and I thought that there was no way they tasted as good as the looked. I was wrong:hyper: !!! We forgot about our touring plan and hyper schedule and enjoyed our desserts. Great memories...

I also like that pirates resturant that sells nachos and tacos. No one ever talks about it much but I really like the nachos there. We plan on stopping there this spring too.

Iheoma

wHOA! Back the horse up! What are the blackberry or raspberry what's? I love sweet friuts especially on a hot day..and going in June. What is it and where can I get it???

Our favorites for a quick treat -

The eggrolls from the cart in Adventureland!

Citurs Swirls!!!!

Chocolate and Hazelnut Beaver Tails!!

Strawberry Sour Straws from the Main Street candy shop!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter