Woman falls headfirst into outdoor toilet while trying to retrieve phone

We were just in a national park and used one of those toilets - as soon as I saw the pit I said if my phone fell in it was gone!

We were just in a national park and used one of those toilets - as soon as I saw the pit I said if my phone fell in it was gone!

I remember going with my parents to the Point Reyes Lighthouse at Point Reyes National Seashore. My mom said she had to go badly, and once she saw that all they had were vault toilets, she refused to use them. We went back to the main visitor center that had toilets with running water.

It's kind of weird where they have these things and where they might actually have running water and sanitary sewers. Some use more of something like a septic system with a drainfield. I've seen some that looked like there could be something with a sanitary sewer, but there was still a pit toilet. But there are some newer ones that are supposed to have fans to help speed up decomposition and reduce odor without all that blue stuff. They have one down about a mile and half down from the Grand Canyon, and the only way to haul out anything is by mule or helicopter. So they have these high-tech ones with solar panels to power fans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter