Woman arrested in The Grand Floridian

Did anyone see the arrest of the women who claimed her and her 4yr old daughter were abducted (was national story) and instead was at the Grand Floridian? Apparently they arrested her at the hotel.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/28/bonnie-sweeten-daughter-j_n_208500.html

Well I guess if you decide to fake an abduction you might as well stay at an expensive resort. I wonder if Disney can use this in a commercial.. You know "You're going to do 3 years in jail for faking a kidnapping what are you going to do next"? I'm going to Disneyworld.

What a wackadoodle.

It's come out that she has stolen money from previous places she has worked.

Aww I feel so bad for the Ex husband. I just saw him on the news. He is a mess over this. Said he thought he would never hear his daughters voice again. So sad.

He said that his ex wife needs help. I think so too. It's a shame.

I think this poor woman was suffering from Postpartum Depression with Psychosis, it is sad that someone in her life (perhaps her husband) did not identify this before she went this far. I can guarantee that there were symtoms that she was out of her mind before it went this far.

She really needs some help!

I also feel sorry for all the people she has hurt, her daughters father, and all the family including her current husband and 8 month old baby girl. All the people that volunteered their time and money and energy for the crimes she has committed.

I pray that she can get help and I am sure she will pay in someway for her crimes.

Your right, it's never the individuals fault. Its always someone or something else. I'll use that excuse so I can leave the office and head down to WDW early. Thanks for the heads up.:laughing:

I think she was having one last hurrah before she went to jail for embezzling 300K. Post partem? maybe...but not likely. She was trying to have one last super special moment with her daughter before everyting got really really ugly.

EXACTLY what I was thinking... spot on...

I think she was having one last hurrah before she went to jail for embezzling 300K. Post partem? maybe...but not likely. She was trying to have one last super special moment with her daughter before everyting got really really ugly.

I totally agree!

Your right, it's never the individuals fault. Its always someone or something else. I'll use that excuse so I can leave the office and head down to WDW early. Thanks for the heads up.:laughing:

I never said that! In fact, I believe I said I am sure she will pay for her crimes! It is her fault, I would never deny that. Everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves. I also believe that everyone has free will to choose what they do or say in life. I was more concerned about a family and lives being torn apart by this situation. I am sure there were signs she was losing it or a criminal, I just think it is sad someone in her life could not see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter