Woman arrested in The Grand Floridian

I live about 15 minutes from where they live. Its been pretty crazy around here with all of the news trucks. The story didnt sound right from the beginning. I am glad they found the little girl safe.

Yeah when I saw this on the news last night I knew something was fishy about it. Tim and I were laying in bed watching it and he said, "Aww that's a shame, I hope they are found." My friend texted me an hr ago and told me to put on the news. I knew it, knew she was faking the whole thing lol. It's so sick. I feel bad for the little girl.

The news said she was arrested in the GF, don't know if that is true though.

Another PA gal here who thought it sounded weird from the start.

But, seriously, how stupid is she to leave her vehicle downtown and to hop on a plane at her local major airport? Not to mention not realizing that cell calls to 911 could be traced. Did she really think she'd get away with it?

I feel really bad for the poor kid... and the poor other kids that she left at home...

It's gone "national."

Just heard it on ABC Radio News.

Why didnt she go out of the country to Disney...I mean come on.

She used a stolen driver's license for ID, so a passport to leave the country was out of the question. If the reports of the last day are true, she's not too awfully bright to begin with.

Can she use the "Disney is so expensive I had to steal for it" defense?

It's gone "national."

Just heard it on ABC Radio News.

It was national even before the Disney part came out. The father was on the Today show yesterday morning, desperate for them to be found.

None of it sounded right from the start, but what I want to know is what her co-worker was thinking. Would you let anyone else use your license, no matter the excuse. The whole thing is weird.

This whole thing really is bizarre. From the very beginning I felt like it was staged but I never knew it would end up like this. I had heard earlier last night that they were seen getting onto a plane bound for Florida, but later my mom called and said "your gonna love this one, turn the news on". We sat there on the phone as they were reporting it and laughed in disbelief. What was she thinking? I hate it for her little girl, bless her heart.

It just makes me want to ask.... do we have a Dis member missing? :lmao:

None of it sounded right from the start, but what I want to know is what her co-worker was thinking. Would you let anyone else use your license, no matter the excuse. The whole thing is weird.

From what I read she stole the license.

I'm in South Jersey, 5 minutes from Philly, and of course it's HUGE news!

I swear she had to have this planned in order to have had a room at the GF right??? :scared1:

I love how in the linked story from myfoxphilly, they interviewed some random person who didn't even know her, but had left a message on her facebook page. That's journalism!

another Philly diser here....and yes at first i felt horrible when i heard this story....but very shortly after when details started trickling in over news radio it quickly became apparent that something was rotten in Denmark.
what a dolt....you can't be in any airport since 9/11 without about 27 cameras on you at any given time (even in the potty i bet). you wanna get there on the lamb....you better have had an unregistered junker car in the waiting and driven to where you want to run to. (oh and stay off toll roads)
i do feel bad for the girl....if she had no clue imagine her guilt at being drug along in this mess. if she was manipulated by her mother to be "in on it" imagine how much that has to screw with your moral compass. no kid wants to be at WDW under those circumstances.
i also feel bad for her other kids, but mostly that 15 year old....what the heck mom, you can't take me to WDW too. what am i, chopped liver?

I think this poor woman was suffering from Postpartum Depression with Psychosis, it is sad that someone in her life (perhaps her husband) did not identify this before she went this far. I can guarantee that there were symtoms that she was out of her mind before it went this far.

She really needs some help!

I also feel sorry for all the people she has hurt, her daughters father, and all the family including her current husband and 8 month old baby girl. All the people that volunteered their time and money and energy for the crimes she has committed.

I pray that she can get help and I am sure she will pay in someway for her crimes.

this was some sort of "act out of desperation", the fact that she does have other kids, an chose one to take to WDW???? Of course me attempting to put something to this.... I thought is this daughter sick, and she wanted to do this for her and knew she could never afford it so felt this was the "only" way (as stupid as it is...) I guess I can't get a grasp of how a mother would consciously screw up her entire family otherwise.....:confused3

I think this poor woman was suffering from Postpartum Depression with Psychosis, it is sad that someone in her life (perhaps her husband) did not identify this before she went this far. I can guarantee that there were symtoms that she was out of her mind before it went this far.

She really needs some help!

I also feel sorry for all the people she has hurt, her daughters father, and all the family including her current husband and 8 month old baby girl. All the people that volunteered their time and money and energy for the crimes she has committed.

I pray that she can get help and I am sure she will pay in someway for her crimes.

I agree with this too.

I think she was having one last hurrah before she went to jail for embezzling 300K. Post partem? maybe...but not likely. She was trying to have one last super special moment with her daughter before everyting got really really ugly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter