WOC desert party

We kept hearing announcements that people in the front row of the standing area would get wet. But what was a surprise was that WE got soaked! The table, chairs, and all of us. Luckily our food had already been boxed up by that point.
Oh WOW- if you got wet in the WOC dessert party area, I can't even imagine how wet the people at the rail in the wet zone got!!!!! The wind must have been blowing right for a soaking. We've watched it from both places. We learned after our first time at the rail- to bring ponchos for the wet zone!

Can someone clarify where check in is? We have a reservation for this weekend and want to make sure we head to the right place if signage is minimal.

Could someone clarify where exactly check-in happens? Is it obvious once you are in the area? Thanks!
I did not think it was obvious. It is just past the bathrooms across from Mermaid - continue on like you are going to Grizzly River Run, and it is at that T-intersection. Around 7pm they put up a sign saying World of Color Dessert Party Checkin and the line formally starts. I believe a few people were hanging out before that to secure the first couple of spots. I was about 20 people back at 7:15. By 7:30 the line was at least 50 people.

I haven't decided if I want 1st or 2nd show in October, who knows, there might only be one show and that will make my decision easy, but I don't understand the check in process for 2nd show. Do you line up for check in along with those attending the 1st show, or do you line up during the 1st show?

I haven't decided if I want 1st or 2nd show in October, who knows, there might only be one show and that will make my decision easy, but I don't understand the check in process for 2nd show. Do you line up for check in along with those attending the 1st show, or do you line up during the 1st show?
When I went at 7:30 they already had 2 separate lines, one for the first show and one for the second. So it seems you can line up at 7:30 if you want to. The line for the second show only had about 10 people in it. I assume it got much longer as the evening wore on.

When I went at 7:30 they already had 2 separate lines, one for the first show and one for the second. So it seems you can line up at 7:30 if you want to. The line for the second show only had about 10 people in it. I assume it got much longer as the evening wore on.
Thanks! So, the second show people just get their wristband and table assignment at that point, and then they are free to leave until later?

we are going to want a low table... Does anyone have any other table number suggestions or a layout of the table numbers. Nice to see these positive reviews.

we are going to want a low table... Does anyone have any other table number suggestions or a layout of the table numbers. Nice to see these positive reviews.
The CM will check you in and that's when you can request a table. I asked for a low table as far to the right as possible. I think we were closer to the middle of the front row. I forget our table number but we had a great view!

FA3FD024-6C74-4C62-90D4-42710D840CBE.jpegFA7F2061-BF2D-4DA0-9EFD-F5183771919C.jpegA3411C2D-49C8-474F-81B9-40AA368B3BDA.jpeg

Last edited:
We just went and your right the place to line up is between the bathrooms and Grizzly and people started lining up before 7pm. I was there at 7pm and got like 4th place in line. I wanted a high top table and know I had to be there early if I wanted a good seat. We went on Friday 7/22.

We always asked for a high top table on the rail, why do you guys ask for a low top?

Last time we had a high top over to the left, maybe 2nd to the last and it was great from there.

I am booked for August 18. I have 3 small children. Is it typical for everyone to get wet? What table should I try to get to avoid that?

I am booked for August 18. I have 3 small children. Is it typical for everyone to get wet? What table should I try to get to avoid that?
We did not get wet at all. I think it’s pretty unusual for people at the dessert party to get wet (usually it’s the people on the railing in the very front who get wet). To get wet at the dessert party tables, which are very far back, the wind would have to be blowing just right.

We won't get done with dinner until 8pm and we have WOC booked for the 9:15 show. It is just two of us, are we going to be ok if we don't check in until 8:30?

Here’s what happened for us on Thursday:

Showed up by myself (party of 7) at just a few minutes before 7pm for a 9pm show. Took these pics to give an idea of the location:

BF957B95-A7DD-45B4-9454-ED1749B3EFCC.jpeg
E2699670-F417-47F1-9F6E-BA143880D6C2.jpeg
I was the first one there. In a matter of just a few minutes there were a solid 10 people behind me. Rest of my party showed up at about 7:10 which was good because he said they were starting check in early. He started at 7:20, instead of the advertised 7:40 and let us pick the table and gave us the wristbands. He said after that we could leave if we wanted and to be back by 8pm for seating. He also said you could leave one in your party to save your spot if you wanted to be seated earlier.

I had struck up a conversation with an English newlywed couple behind us before check-in and gave them some tips on location. I also told them they could “join” our party and we would hold their spots if they didn’t want to hang around for 40 minutes, which they did.

Ended up being led to our seat right at 8. Immediately served our dessert and our waitress took drink orders. She was so incredibly attentive and we were able to get multiple drinks.

Overall, this was probably our third time doing it since it started and we will keep doing it. It has a really luxurious experience and the CM’s are all so awesome.

Only complaint at this point would be that the desserts were definitely smaller and I think maybe less tasty than previously. But it really isn’t as much about the actual food than it is about everything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter