WOC desert party

So if I have a WOC dessert party reservation that says 9:15pm that's the check in time for the 10:15pm show? How does that work if the previous show starts at 9pm?

I'm here now and have the same question with a 10:15 WOC dessert reservation for a 9:15 check in tonight.

Anyone have experience with the later party from the last two nights--recommenations for when to line up before 9:15? We are short and are hoping for a high top towards the front. Thank you !!!

I'm here now and have the same question with a 10:15 WOC dessert reservation for a 9:15 check in tonight.

Anyone have experience with the later party from the last two nights--recommenations for when to line up before 9:15? We are short and are hoping for a high top towards the front. Thank you !!!
Someone said you can check in for the 2nd show during the check in for the first show. I’d make sure to specify though!

Wondering if they would give my 2 1/2 year old one? 🤔 Probably not since I am not paying for her. I’ll still ask though!
We did the party last night, and it was an overall good, not fantastic, experience. For those asking about the kids’ sippers - they will only give them to children 9 and under. My 9 yo is very tall, and I was asked our kids’ ages when we were seated. This will sound crazy, but I’m planning a trip for WDW next year, when she will be 10, and I accidentally answered “10” at first. When I realized my mistake and asked for a sipper a few min later, a small amount of quiet drama ensued at the bar behind us while they decided whether they would let her have one. *facepalm* They brought one for my 9 yo only, and my 13 yo did not receive one. Considering that I had to provide the names and ages of our party when booking, it was a little annoying that they didn’t automatically provide one for our group. She loved it, though.

They definitely need to improve their efficiency for the check-in situation. We’ve done several parties in the past, and it was extremely inefficient last night. They walked the line to determine if people were in line for the party (some were not, due to confusion about viewing area lines), and if so, which party. Instead of giving us our wristbands at that point, they made us repeat the entire process at a podium where one person was processing each party. We arrived somewhere around 7:20, were 4th in line, and were seated around 8:10, by which time there was a massive line behind us. I would definitely get there early if you want to select your table and have some time to enjoy the desserts before the show.

Also, I ordered an allergy plate due to a family member with lactose intolerance (not a food allergy, just can’t eat cheese and mousse), and they actually brought both the fruit and the regular plate, which was nice. We missed the bread, though. It’s still the only way I would watch WOC, but they just a little more practice to get the check-in operating more smoothly.

We did the party last night, and it was an overall good, not fantastic, experience. For those asking about the kids’ sippers - they will only give them to children 9 and under. My 9 yo is very tall, and I was asked our kids’ ages when we were seated. This will sound crazy, but I’m planning a trip for WDW next year, when she will be 10, and I accidentally answered “10” at first. When I realized my mistake and asked for a sipper a few min later, a small amount of quiet drama ensued at the bar behind us while they decided whether they would let her have one. *facepalm* They brought one for my 9 yo only, and my 13 yo did not receive one. Considering that I had to provide the names and ages of our party when booking, it was a little annoying that they didn’t automatically provide one for our group. She loved it, though.

They definitely need to improve their efficiency for the check-in situation. We’ve done several parties in the past, and it was extremely inefficient last night. They walked the line to determine if people were in line for the party (some were not, due to confusion about viewing area lines), and if so, which party. Instead of giving us our wristbands at that point, they made us repeat the entire process at a podium where one person was processing each party. We arrived somewhere around 7:20, were 4th in line, and were seated around 8:10, by which time there was a massive line behind us. I would definitely get there early if you want to select your table and have some time to enjoy the desserts before the show.

Also, I ordered an allergy plate due to a family member with lactose intolerance (not a food allergy, just can’t eat cheese and mousse), and they actually brought both the fruit and the regular plate, which was nice. We missed the bread, though. It’s still the only way I would watch WOC, but they just a little more practice to get the check-in operating more smoothly.
Did you sit upper or lower and what was your thoughts on the view?

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I always start thinking of my kids as their next age once it's 3 months from their birthday lol. I'm glad they gave your 9yo a cup!

My 11yo will want one, so it's good to know ahead of time that she'd too old. I know she really wants a snail sipper from MSEP so hopefully I can get her one of those instead.

My DH doesn’t drink so the value for him
was mainly the chair! It meant we weren’t completely wiped out last night and were able to make it for rope drop this morning.
I don’t drink either so for me the value is the chair and not having to be smushed to watch a show.

I did a paint the night party similar to this and I was sat with a group of 3 people. I asked them what they wanted. I ordered that and then gave them my drink when it was deceived. I’ll probably do that for this party too.

The snail sipper seems to have sold out way earlier than the Elliott popcorn bucket. Hopefully Disney will restock soon.
Thanks for the heads up! They sure are popular. My 15yo wants the popcorn bucket, so we'll have a couple of things to keep an eye out for when we get there.
We aren't going until late June, so hopefully they will be back in stock.

Did you sit upper or lower and what was your thoughts on the view?
Upper, unless you have a physical limitation or a child who may not be able to safely sit in the high chairs. (We‘ve always done high and used to just hold our little one in our laps.). As others have shown in the pics, many people put their kids on their shoulders. So, you’re taking a risk of a significantly obstructed view with the lower tables. Our challenge was that even though we wanted “front row, high” and were the 4th party in line, the party in front of us was huge and took up 4 tables (!), so there was only one front row table left. Our table was a bit close to the lamps, so we actually scooted our daughter over to an empty seat at the next table (with their gracious permission) for a clearer view. In summary, high, and if you have kids or are petite, try for front row, also!

Attachments

• 96C32C01-89CB-4C40-A42D-AE92FE740483.jpeg
    96C32C01-89CB-4C40-A42D-AE92FE740483.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 37
This question wasn’t for me but we were there last night too and sat in the second row of high tops (first row high tops were gone). But we asked to sit behind low top tables so the kids could see and the view was great.
We once had an issue where the low top people decided to stand, which blocked our view. I had to ask them to sit, or at least stand to one side. Not a common occurrence, I suspect, but just something to be aware of. Otherwise, I agree the high tops behind the low tables are a good pick!

Just venting about Disney's age policy...

10 is not an adult. Legoland included "kids" until age 12. It's not about the ticket price, but the sipper is a perfect example. Childhood already goes too fast. I already watch my now 9 year old struggle with wanting to do things and the judge mental looks of other adults who think he is too old (he is very tall and built solid- we wear the same shoe size.) but he's still a kid.

So I guess if we do the dessert party I'll just say "we need two sippers for two kids".

Okay end rant. It also won't be the end of the world...

Are the high seats directors chairs? Do they have a soft back? Anywhere to put your feet or do they just dangle?

Part of why I'm doing the dessert party is because I have a bad back, so I'm trying to figure out if the high chairs would be comfortable for me or not.
They are directors chairs and very comfortable. There is a foot rest. The adults and kids in our party all found them comfortable.

Your relative got 2 plates of food?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter