Wish me luck!

MikeTaylor

Freelance contributor to wdwinfo.com!
Hey guys,

I just wanted to say one of the main reasons I haven't been posting or writing as much lately is that I've been dealing with my foot and everything that goes along with that (stress/bills/paperwork). I wish we could make the 20th Disboards anniversary event, but the future is so uncertain that it's hard to make plans. Long story short, it never healed completely and I had to battle get further treatment. I'm going to be having surgery this week, so hopefully, all goes well.

I get to look forward to another round of putting no weight on my foot again and physical therapy after that... so eventually/hopefully, I'll be walking comfortably by June. I'll have to see how much vacation I have when I return to work, but if we plan a Disney trip this year, at least Pandora will/should be open in AK. 2016 was pretty miserable for me, but at least my Cubbies won the World Series and my wife hasn't gone insane yet from me being home all the time. ;)

I know it's almost February, but here's to a better year!

Sorry you have had such a rough go with it - when your feet/foot aren't right is just messes everything up!

I hope it gets fixed for good this time though and 2017 is a better year for you!

@MikeTaylor - You've been struggling and putting up a great fight with this for a LONG time - I certainly hope what you have to go through now - although more pain and more hard work - will be rewarded, and make things MUCH better for you in the end.

You know you've always got a cheering section :cheer2: for you here, and please stop in when you feel you can, to let us know how you're doing! Best wishes, and pixie dust!!:wizard:

Sending good thoughts for a quick and productive healing. Let's hope 2017 gets better real soon. Good luck.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Your next trip to Disney will be much better, though you did have one of the cool scooters in July.

Well, the pain the past few days has been next to intolerable, it feels like my foot is getting crushed whenever the medication wears off... but the happy place for me has been binge watching YouTube and the DIS' resort overview videos. I'm stuck on the couch with my leg elevated and someone from the hospital gave me a little cold. Good news is, the procedure went well and I have new hardware in my foot. No place to go now but up, up, up!

Thanks everyone for sending good vibes my way.

Try explaining this every time you go through the metal detectors at WDW. You better get a pass signed by Bob Iger

Mike, glad to hear the procedure went well - hang in there on the pain part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter