~WISH Away The Pounds~ AMAZING APRIL 2014 Challenge! *All Welcome!*

Hi! I am in for April - at least until the 28th when I leave for my 4 week vacation (including cruising through the Panama Canal on the Disney Magic - can't wait!!!).

April 1 QOTD:

My name is Magdalene, I am at the moment struggling with loosing some weight before the cruise. I seem to hover at around BMI 25 for most of the time (sometime slightly over, somtimes slightly under) and have been trying for over a year now to make it significantly below 25... Not much success.

Something unusual about me: When I was in high school I spent a year in Denmark as an exchange student. Not too far from Germany where I am at home, but it was quite a special year, as it was the academic year of 1989/1990. I kind of got to experience the whole process of German reunification from abroad - I left Germany when the iron curtain was still intact and I came back after a common currency had already been established between West and East Germany and a date for reunification was already set.

April 2 QOTD:

So far this has not been a good day to bring me closer to my goal. I felt exhausted from the last days exercising, was sooo hungry. So at lunch I mad the decission that today would be a splurge day. I really needed one meal not thinking about what I was eating. I truly enjoyed it - it was worth spending quite a few of my weekly extra points on it. And now I feel motivated to get back on track! So maybe making the conscious decision to treat myself was what got me closer to my goal? Oh and the new found motivation to continue with my exercise program! :goodvibes

Wow. Am I really #1 to post?

I'm in again for April and actually at the beginning of the month no less. Less than 6 weeks till my vacation! I gotta get choppin

Yup, you win the prize this month for being first!! Here is a princess crown, wear it in good health!!princess:

Morning all! I'm at work today, here in the land of super-slow computers. The kids will be here in 2 minutes, so I will wait until they go to gym to catch up here! Looks like today is an unexpected sick day for this teacher, as I have virtually NO plans, other than her usual daily schedule. This ought to make for an interesting day!!

TTYL.........................P

I'm in! So excited to be here! I'd also love to coach 4/19-4/25 as that is my last week doing p90 so I will be super motivated!!

Sending you a PM now!

I'll be checking my PMs tonight!! I'll add you to the coaching schedule!

I'm Stacey! I'm 23 and living in NYC (though hoping to move to Boston in the next couple of months)!

Something you might not know about me is that I'm a goal-oriented thrill seeker. What that means is my motivation for doing difficult or amazing things is to finish a goal. On a small scale, that means I like workouts with that have a goal in mind, like do 90 days, or run a race. On a large scale, I took an 80 day road trip across the USA because finishing meant having visited all 50 states.

I still think that your road trip sounds absolutely amazing!! How great that you know that you are goal oriented and can make sure that you always have a goal in mind!

So, on a small scale, my next big goals are to finish p90, and then p90x3, and then start racing again so my goals can be more mileage centered! On a large scale, I have a dream of visiting every country in Europe one day. I'm saving up to spend a summer in Western Europe when I finish my second bachelor's. Depending on my situation, it could be as small as a one week vacation to Ireland, or a three month vacation backpacking around Western Europe. :) Or you know, I'll save that money to spend on grad school like a smart person. :rotfl:

DD and I have a "secret" fund right now to save for a backpacking trip round Europe.... hoping for summer of 2015, but that is really iffy with college tuition bills and a DH who will NOT agree with this plan....but I will fight for it if I think we can swing it financially.

Oh, and something else you might not know about me - I have a terrible fear of flying. So... that might put a hard stop in this trip if I can't get on the plane!!!

Anyway - excited to kick April's butt, and show up at Easter Sunday dinner to stare down those chocolate bunnies. :thumbsup2

Sorry you are afraid to fly. I know it is tough to have fears like that that others don't understand. Hopefully you can push through and get to Europe!

I'm ready to show those chocolate Easter bunnies who is boss!! :rotfl:

I'm back in for the April challenge!

WOOHOO!! Glad you are here with us! :wave2:

April 1st?! HUH???!!!??? :scared1: Can't believe we're already a quarter of the way through 2014! :eek:

I know it!! Where has this year gone already???

So, let's get this party started with the unusual. Not really sure if this falls into that category, but how many people can brag that they know every single word to the music played during Illuminations? Yep, every....single....word. I'm SUCH a Disney Dork. :laughing:

Thanks for hosting Pam!

But who could appreciate your "Disney Dorky-ness" more than other Disney Dorks!! :goodvibes

Something unusual...maybe not unusual but I have lived on both coasts (California, Maryland, Pennsylvania) and in two flyover states--Illinois and Kentucky.

You've seen all types of living and weather then! What did you like best??****

Hoping to be more present in April, but realistically, my stressed out a.d.d. brain and the fact that I am hosting the exercise thread will probably mean sporadic posting again. We are very close to giving up our goal of relocating :worried:(we gave ourselves to the middle of May) so some of the stress will be eventually decreasing, but if we are here that means we are buying or building a house sometime this summer. Having said all that, while I lost nothing in March, I am still down for the year and I will take that victory at this point.:goodvibes Going to set a low goal this month (2 or 3 pounds) and consider it a victory if I finish the month down at all.:)

Thanks for hosting Pamela!

We certainly don't want to create any stress here, so whenever you can pop in, that would be fine!! Prayers that everything works out with the living situation, etc. Glad you are down for the year! I didn't lose anything in January or February, but March was okay for me. Fingers crossed that April is amazing for us both!!

I will give coaching a go from 5 th April for that slot, but I have no ideas, though find the prospect exciting :yay:

It's simple! Just post a QOTD and try to keep the conversation rolling....but no stress!! We are all over the globe, so your "morning" QOTD might get to me in the evening, etc. There is an inventory of past QOTD stickied to the top of the WISH board if you need some help with questions. We don't mind recycling here!::yes::

I have played rounders today ( I have mentioned it before, it is similar to baseball if you are not familiar). Hand eye coordination needed some work when I first tried back at the end of Feb. Today I hit the ball and scored half rounder :dance3:

WOOHOO! Is it anything like cricket?

I am in the UK and have nearly 4 months to lose a bit more weight ( maybe 14 - 16 lb loss is realistic) before our holiday to Orlando in July.
I love chatting to people on here, it has really helped me to lose some weight last month.
:cheer2:

Lucky you with a vacation on the horizon!! You can do 14 pounds in 4 months, but you will definitely have to put your nose to the grindstone!!

Hello again! I have tried in the past to keep up with this board but have had a lot of trouble due to full-time work + full-time school. I have been staying (mostly) on track with healthy eating and exercise, though, and I thought I would try again to participate in this awesome thread. We just completed a major move and things seem to have settled down a bit, so I hope you will have me.

Of COURSE we will have you!! Delighted to have you!! Don't worry too much about "keeping up"....sometimes things move quickly here, especially in January, but usually by now things have settled down and slowed down and it is a bit easier to keep up. Just pop on when you are able, participate in the QOTD and the conversation when you can!

My name is Elizabeth, and I am from Chicago but now live in middle Tennessee (halfway between Nashville and Knoxville). Briefly, I work nights from home and am finishing my last semester of college during the days. I am trying to lose the weight I gained with my pregnancy and bed rest with my daughter 8 long, long years ago in time for our first trip to Disney in October - a surprise for DD, who has no idea. It's been going well, but I know I can do better.

Looking forward to a great month! Thanks to all our coaches and our hostess for keeping things on track!

Well my "babies" were in middle school before I lost the "baby weight" so I understand!!;) WOOHOO on a surprise Disney trip!!

What are you studying in college?

Hmm, lets see. I am Carla Rae. Dh and I live just outside Washington DC, but I am a Jersey girl, born and raised. Dh and I don't have any kids yet (celebrating our 13th anniversary this fall. We just haven't been together long enough to do the kid thing yet. ;)), but we do have 9 critters.

Oswald, Timothy, Sebastian, & Raja
Bella, Donis, & Misty

And Charlie & Angel

And a fish tank, but they don't count.

WOW! So many critters and creatures at your house! Love the turtles! Are they red sliders?

My goal is 10 lbs this month. It's gonna be tough. Dh's birthday is the 10th. We will be in NJ with my family for easter and then my own birthday is the 30th. We leave for a cruise May 11th and my goal is 15 lbs down by then. Its gonna be really tricky. Oh and of course I am broken right now and banned from exercise for at least a week. I took Misty for a longish walk (a mile or so) today and my foot told me that was a bad idea, so I am afraid it may end up being more than a week out of commission. :worried:

Ambitious goal, especially with all of those events tossed in! But you can do it if you try, right? Take care of that foot! Concentrate on some non-weight bearing exercises for now.... you can do bicep curls and overhead presses while sitting on a gym ball. You can do crunches and ab curls without putting any pressure on the foot.... heck, you could even do a wall sit on one foot if you were feeling ambitious!! Go for it (as along as the doctor gives the okay)!!

Hi! I fell off the face of the earth, threadwise, in March. That month was bananas. April will be crazy, too - special reunion travel this weekend, and a week from Friday we leave for spring break at WDW! We can't wait...but I know the challenges that await me there. I'll be in and out on weigh-ins, but I'm going to start now, try to stay strong through our vacation departure date, and then try to hold steady until we get back and I can get back in the saddle.

March got away from me in a lot of ways, and I found a few of the pounds I'd lost. So aggravating!! But I am *not* giving up.

We know you will NEVER give up! You've come too far for that! Sorry that March was crazy.... but the April craziness is FUN stuff, so I'm jealous!!Something not many people know about me...in high school, I had a job as a mall Easter bunny. Super hot, can't see where you're going, and kids are scared of you like the clown slide at Boardwalk. SO FUN. :/ But I did have a good time overall, and it's a fun bit of trivia to pull out on occasion!

XO
Liz

Does it give you a new appreciation for the characters at Disney? DD may have to be a mascot occasionally at her summer internship (fingers crossed that she hears about it soon!). I think she will definitely understand what Mickey Mouse goes through every day if she has to do that!

Ok! I'm back for this month! This back to nights thing has been rough! But I'm doing really well with my new team!

Woohoo! Pumped to hopefully lose more this month!

I'm Erin, I live in Connecticut! I just graduated from college and am working full time at a job I actually love. I'm a huge fan of sports, musical theatre and cooking!

Something unusual?? hmmmm I almost was in an Oscar Mayer commercial as a kid...but I wouldn't eat the bologna!

Do you mind if I ask where in CT? We have few other participants in CT as well. I grew up in MA, but went to college in CT for two years. You wouldn't eat the bologna?? Too bad! Imagine the residual checks you might still be receiving if your commercial was a hit!!

Good morning all!

Here is your QOTD for Wednesday, April 2, 2014:

What is one thing that you can do today to get help get yourself to where you want to be?

It's not one thing, but I am committed this month to 1 mile a day, 1 min plank a day, 8 min meditation, and 32 ounces of water. I know when I do these things, I am calmer, more focused, feel better, and make better choices. And altogether they take less than 30 min a day. :)

Oh my gosh!! I love those ideas. I am aiming to do a mile a day in April (inspired by you!) and I love the idea of adding a 1 minute plank a day as well! You always inspire me to work harder and get my exercise done! Thank you!!

Hi! I am in for April - at least until the 28th when I leave for my 4 week vacation (including cruising through the Panama Canal on the Disney Magic - can't wait!!!).

I'm SO jealous! Cruising the Panama canal is on my bucket list!!April 1 QOTD:

My name is Magdalene, I am at the moment struggling with loosing some weight before the cruise. I seem to hover at around BMI 25 for most of the time (sometime slightly over, somtimes slightly under) and have been trying for over a year now to make it significantly below 25... Not much success.

Something unusual about me: When I was in high school I spent a year in Denmark as an exchange student. Not too far from Germany where I am at home, but it was quite a special year, as it was the academic year of 1989/1990. I kind of got to experience the whole process of German reunification from abroad - I left Germany when the iron curtain was still intact and I came back after a common currency had already been established between West and East Germany and a date for reunification was already set.

What an amazing time in history to be RIGHT THERE and experience all of that first hand!!April 2 QOTD:

So far this has not been a good day to bring me closer to my goal. I felt exhausted from the last days exercising, was sooo hungry. So at lunch I mad the decission that today would be a splurge day. I really needed one meal not thinking about what I was eating. I truly enjoyed it - it was worth spending quite a few of my weekly extra points on it. And now I feel motivated to get back on track! So maybe making the conscious decision to treat myself was what got me closer to my goal? Oh and the new found motivation to continue with my exercise program! :goodvibes

WONDERFUL!! It is so important to learn to splurge occasionally! Otherwise we end up feeling deprived and depressed!! And sometimes the splurge is what we need to get us back on track!! And sometimes the extra calories can seem to give the metabolism an added boost to burn even hotter!!

Happy Wednesday all! Class is off to computers (not gym) and I am working on the super, super, super slow classroom computer and trying HARD not to make it all go POOF with this child-sized keyboard I am struggling with!!

Doing my final day of juicing today. I've never juiced on a work day before, so it was interesting to pack up some mason jars of juice for lunch and snack! I brought one more jar of juice than I thought I would need, just in case I get hungry. And I am out of my vanilla Juice + protein powder, so my dinner smoothie will be straight hemp protein powder....not nearly as yummy, but it will do.

I've definitely learned more about juicing as I'm doing it....what I like, what I don't like, what keeps me fuller, etc. I'm even finding that I am not needing as much food or juice as I thought I would. But I'll be happy to have my breakfast of solids tomorrow! Men are out for an event tonight, so I don't even have to cook dinner!!

Gotta grab the kiddos now! TTYL...................P

I am going to join in. I haven't been here since Dec. I was struggling with a friend's death. Now I am dealing with my dad's death. He died yesterday on his 89th birthday. I will probably get started next week.

I will introduce myself then.

I'm in it for April!! I had a good month and I want to keep up the momentum. Despite having lots of temptations and almost every night was spent out of the house I managed to make a fairly decent choice.

Had to go blazer shopping for DS last night and at the mall food court I settled on a small grilled chicken teriyaki sandwich at Charleys - no fries (well 4 from son's meal :thumbsup2).

I'm still loving the bike and despite being tired from work I got on it for 30min!! This morning was able to get 45 min. Woo that was tiring.

My foot is still hurting and still in my boot so no Boot Camp yet :sad2:

Oh I'm going to a Queen (the band) Sing-a-long tonight w some girlfriends!! SO excited!!! Complimentary moustaches! So I need to pre-check the menu and make my choice before I go!

QOTD so that's probably the one thing I can do today is HAVE A PLAN! Makes things so much easier when you know where you're going to check the menu online and decide before you get there!

Good morning all!

What is one thing that you can do today to get help get yourself to where you want to be?

For me, because I have so much schoolwork on top of working, it is hard to find time to exercise. But if I do it first thing in the morning (hard as I go to bed at 2 am and get up at 6:30 to take DD to school), then it is done AND I have more energy to do my school stuff. I am a history major, so I have A TON of reading and writing - two 20-page papers due in less than a month. But I will be done soon! (That's also what I say at the beginning of a workout if not feeling particularly motivated.)

One thing I read on this board awhile back that really stuck with me was that you never regret completing a workout, but you DO regret skipping one. Who says, "Wow, that was a waste of time!" after exercising? I try to remember this; it was great advice!:cheer2:

:cat:
Okay ladies (and gents if we have any!).... we are off and running for April!

Here is your QOTD for Tuesday April 1, 2014:

As usual, if you are new, feel FREE to introduce yourself!! But if you feel like we all know you already, then tell us something UNUSUAL that we might not know about you!!

Hi Gang - Michelle here.. Wife to Hubs of 5.5 yrs, Mom to DD 20.5 and DS 17.5 and Honey :cat: age 3.5 .. I work full time.. we are currently down to just one Truck (due to an accident in Nov with a buck that totaled my car) I haven't been very good for the past month as we are currently waiting for my gram to Pass and I can't seem to get it together (sung like in Beauty and Beast LOL) so for this month I'll just mostly be following along .. doing some cheering for you all and with any luck I'll be all set for May (if not before)

Oh unusual about me - for a summer in the early 90's my Uncle's Stock Car sponser was Hood Milk (it's a local company to us) I had to wear the Penelope the Purple Cow suit and hand out candy to all the kids that came out to see the car.. It was so hot one day in Vermont that I passed out.. good thing I had that big HOT cushy suit on!

Good morning all!

Just getting out of bed for me lately is gonna have to be good.. I didn't do it on Monday - I stayed home just because I was mentally exhausted I guess.. However I did power thru Tuesday and I even went to Zumba - I feel soo much better when I go - wish she had class 5 days becuase I would go.. Maybe I should check into the Wii Zumba - anyone try it?? Today well I just ate the food I have in my lunchbox .. no extras ..

take care everyone.. :grouphug::flower3::grouphug: to all that might need them... (dona - sorry to hear of the loss of your dad and friend)

I'm in!!!
I will come back later with my bio. I need to get off my duff and do something today! LOL

Welcome back! You have been missed!

I am going to join in. I haven't been here since Dec. I was struggling with a friend's death. Now I am dealing with my dad's death. He died yesterday on his 89th birthday. I will probably get started next week.

Oh Dona, I am SO sorry to hear about your Dad. Prayers for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you when you can get here, but we definitely understand for now. :hug:

I'm in it for April!! I had a good month and I want to keep up the momentum. Despite having lots of temptations and almost every night was spent out of the house I managed to make a fairly decent choice.

Had to go blazer shopping for DS last night and at the mall food court I settled on a small grilled chicken teriyaki sandwich at Charleys - no fries (well 4 from son's meal :thumbsup2).

I'm still loving the bike and despite being tired from work I got on it for 30min!! This morning was able to get 45 min. Woo that was tiring.

My foot is still hurting and still in my boot so no Boot Camp yet :sad2:

Oh I'm going to a Queen (the band) Sing-a-long tonight w some girlfriends!! SO excited!!! Complimentary moustaches! So I need to pre-check the menu and make my choice before I go!

QOTD so that's probably the one thing I can do today is HAVE A PLAN! Makes things so much easier when you know where you're going to check the menu online and decide before you get there!

The sing-along sounds like fun!! I could totally get into rocking out loud to Bohemian Rhapsody!! :goodvibes

Nice job making the good (but hard) choices! Take care of that foot!

For me, because I have so much schoolwork on top of working, it is hard to find time to exercise. But if I do it first thing in the morning (hard as I go to bed at 2 am and get up at 6:30 to take DD to school), then it is done AND I have more energy to do my school stuff. I am a history major, so I have A TON of reading and writing - two 20-page papers due in less than a month. But I will be done soon! (That's also what I say at the beginning of a workout if not feeling particularly motivated.)

I am so impressed that you can fit so much into you day! Makes me feel like a real slacker!! Any particular branch of history you are concentrating on? I do love history!

One thing I read on this board awhile back that really stuck with me was that you never regret completing a workout, but you DO regret skipping one. Who says, "Wow, that was a waste of time!" after exercising? I try to remember this; it was great advice!:cheer2:

AMEN to this!!

Okay friends... the kiddos are off to recess and I need to meet them in the cafeteria for lunch in a few minutes. My next to last juice meal!! The juices that contain banana and protein powder definitely keep me fuller much better than just the straight juice (which is what I have packed for lunch :rolleyes: ), so I know I won't be "full" after lunch, but hopefully I can hold off on drinking that other snack juice until at least 3pm. Otherwise I'll be looking around for dinner before dinner time is here! And I have just enough juice left at home for dinner.... and I'd rather not pull out the juicer again to make more.... but I will if I need to! I'm doing this for HEALTH, not to starve! I know better and my metabolism won't like it if I don't eat/drink enough!

Off for now....TTYL when I get home!........P

I am sorry for your loss Dona. :grouphug:

And I am sorry about your gram, Michelle. My MIL had alzheimer's for over a decade and it was so difficult the last several years, so I get the long goodbye and how challenging it can be.:grouphug:

Do you mind if I ask where in CT? We have few other participants in CT as well. I grew up in MA, but went to college in CT for two years. You wouldn't eat the bologna?? Too bad! Imagine the residual checks you might still be receiving if your commercial was a hit!!

I live near Hartford, like 30 mins away. It's a big change but I love it! I really don't like lunch meat! I'm weird about that! hahaha college might have been paid for! What was I thinking!

Happy Wednesday all! Class is off to computers (not gym) and I am working on the super, super, super slow classroom computer and trying HARD not to make it all go POOF with this child-sized keyboard I am struggling with!!

Doing my final day of juicing today. I've never juiced on a work day before, so it was interesting to pack up some mason jars of juice for lunch and snack! I brought one more jar of juice than I thought I would need, just in case I get hungry. And I am out of my vanilla Juice + protein powder, so my dinner smoothie will be straight hemp protein powder....not nearly as yummy, but it will do.

I've definitely learned more about juicing as I'm doing it....what I like, what I don't like, what keeps me fuller, etc. I'm even finding that I am not needing as much food or juice as I thought I would. But I'll be happy to have my breakfast of solids tomorrow! Men are out for an event tonight, so I don't even have to cook dinner!!

Gotta grab the kiddos now! TTYL...................P

You'll have to give a full juicing review! I always think about it but I'm afraid I'd be hungry the entire time!

Good morning all!

I just keep moving. I try not to stay seated for long. Today I'm off so I'm cleaning throughout the day but I get up and move during commercial breaks. It helps me avoid over snacking out of bordem.

April 1st?! HUH???!!!??? :scared1: Can't believe we're already a quarter of the way through 2014! :eek:

So, let's get this party started with the unusual. Not really sure if this falls into that category, but how many people can brag that they know every single word to the music played during Illuminations? Yep, every....single....word. I'm SUCH a Disney Dork. :laughing:

I knew it was April, but just reading that its a quarter of the way through gave me such a shock! Oh my goodness!

And I think that's AWESOME! We're all Disney dorks here. When I used to run, I ran to a mixture of the songs played BEFORE Illuminations! It would end with the old Tapestries of Dream drum section. We're all mad here... :rotfl:

Hello again! I have tried in the past to keep up with this board but have had a lot of trouble due to full-time work + full-time school. I have been staying (mostly) on track with healthy eating and exercise, though, and I thought I would try again to participate in this awesome thread. We just completed a major move and things seem to have settled down a bit, so I hope you will have me.

My name is Elizabeth, and I am from Chicago but now live in middle Tennessee (halfway between Nashville and Knoxville). Briefly, I work nights from home and am finishing my last semester of college during the days. I am trying to lose the weight I gained with my pregnancy and bed rest with my daughter 8 long, long years ago in time for our first trip to Disney in October - a surprise for DD, who has no idea. It's been going well, but I know I can do better.

Elizabeth, we're happy to have you - even if its only every once in awhile! And what a treat for your DD - a surprise trip! How exciting!!!

Hmm, lets see. I am Carla Rae. Dh and I live just outside Washington DC, but I am a Jersey girl, born and raised. Dh and I don't have any kids yet (celebrating our 13th anniversary this fall. We just haven't been together long enough to do the kid thing yet. ;)), but we do have 9 critters.

My goal is 10 lbs this month. It's gonna be tough. Dh's birthday is the 10th. We will be in NJ with my family for easter and then my own birthday is the 30th. We leave for a cruise May 11th and my goal is 15 lbs down by then. Its gonna be really tricky. Oh and of course I am broken right now and banned from exercise for at least a week. I took Misty for a longish walk (a mile or so) today and my foot told me that was a bad idea, so I am afraid it may end up being more than a week out of commission. :worried:

Look at all those animals! How cool! And so sorry to hear about your foot, hope you are back on your feet soon (literally!).

Hi! I fell off the face of the earth, threadwise, in March. That month was bananas. April will be crazy, too - special reunion travel this weekend, and a week from Friday we leave for spring break at WDW! We can't wait...but I know the challenges that await me there. I'll be in and out on weigh-ins, but I'm going to start now, try to stay strong through our vacation departure date, and then try to hold steady until we get back and I can get back in the saddle.

Something not many people know about me...in high school, I had a job as a mall Easter bunny.

Good to see you back, Liz! Here's hoping April is a bit less stressful. And how cool about the Easter bunny job! What an adventure!

Ok! I'm back for this month! This back to nights thing has been rough! But I'm doing really well with my new team!

Woohoo! Pumped to hopefully lose more this month!

I'm Erin, I live in Connecticut! I just graduated from college and am working full time at a job I actually love. I'm a huge fan of sports, musical theatre and cooking!

Something unusual?? hmmmm I almost was in an Oscar Mayer commercial as a kid...but I wouldn't eat the bologna!

Yay Erin! Good to see you back! Hope you are surviving those late nights! And I find bologna delicious, but I know some people are really put off by it!

Hmmm.... I guess there's not much I can do today. I will be doing my daily workout at 5, and I've been eating OP this week, so I guess that's good! But, today is part of a very relaxed week since I'm working from my parent's house. But, I do get to eat the delicious leftovers from what I made last night, so that's exciting!

It's not one thing, but I am committed this month to 1 mile a day, 1 min plank a day, 8 min meditation, and 32 ounces of water. I know when I do these things, I am calmer, more focused, feel better, and make better choices. And altogether they take less than 30 min a day. :)

How cool is that?! Very inspiring!

Exciting!!!! Definitely something I hope to do one day! And sometimes all we really need is a bit of a treat to get us back on track. :thumbsup2

I still think that your road trip sounds absolutely amazing!! How great that you know that you are goal oriented and can make sure that you always have a goal in mind!

It does make things easier for planning!! However, it makes smaller goals a bit harder!

DD and I have a "secret" fund right now to save for a backpacking trip round Europe.... hoping for summer of 2015, but that is really iffy with college tuition bills and a DH who will NOT agree with this plan....but I will fight for it if I think we can swing it financially.

Sorry you are afraid to fly. I know it is tough to have fears like that that others don't understand. Hopefully you can push through and get to Europe!

Secret trip funds are the best! And yeah, I know my fear is completely illogical - I've read the books, seen the studies. I know just walking down the street gives me a higher chance of death than an airplane, but unfortunately, it doesn't help much. :confused3

Doing my final day of juicing today.

I've definitely learned more about juicing as I'm doing it....what I like, what I don't like, what keeps me fuller, etc. I'm even finding that I am not needing as much food or juice as I thought I would.

That's awesome, Pamela! It's amazing how things that seem so daunting at first get easier, and definitely more intriguing as you go. Way to go!

Welcome back, Donac. So sorry to hear about your friend and your father. :hug:

We'll be here when you're ready.

How exciting! Be sure to tell us all about it afterwards! And having a plan is definitely the way to go! Takes so much stress out of going out.

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate!!! But, what a tough cookie you are, doing all of that! Good for you for making this far - you are so close!!

Hi Gang - Michelle here.. Wife to Hubs of 5.5 yrs, Mom to DD 20.5 and DS 17.5 and Honey :cat: age 3.5 .. I work full time.. we are currently down to just one Truck (due to an accident in Nov with a buck that totaled my car) I haven't been very good for the past month as we are currently waiting for my gram to Pass and I can't seem to get it together (sung like in Beauty and Beast LOL) so for this month I'll just mostly be following along .. doing some cheering for you all and with any luck I'll be all set for May (if not before)

Oh unusual about me - for a summer in the early 90's my Uncle's Stock Car sponser was Hood Milk (it's a local company to us) I had to wear the Penelope the Purple Cow suit and hand out candy to all the kids that came out to see the car.. It was so hot one day in Vermont that I passed out.. good thing I had that big HOT cushy suit on!

Michelle, that cow suit story is hysterical! You poor thing! My friend, Georgia is from Vermont and she used to talk about Penelope the Purple Cow!!

Sending good vibes for your gram, that things continue peacefully for you and your family.

----

I have a confession to make - I LOVE SQUASH! Why, oh, why did I not spend the entirety of winter making it?! I made the most delicious dinner last night for my friend and I - Skinnytaste Chicken stuffed with Broccoli and Cheese, with Squash and Asparagus on the side. 7 points for a whole meal of deliciousness!

Seriously - I went back for seconds on the squash. How did I not know how much I loved this vegetable before? Too bad it is about to go out of season haha

Yesterday was incredibly slow going - the phone did not ring ALL DAY, so I decided, since my parents have an exercise bike in their house, to start my workout at 4 instead of 5. Of course, twenty minutes in, the phone rings, and then rings again, and then again! I had to pitch this woman over the phone, taking frequent breaks to breath away from the phone hahaha I was sweating all over the place, it was a mess.

Today, I shall be waiting until 5. :rotfl:

Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather! 57 here right now!

:cat:

Just getting out of bed for me lately is gonna have to be good.. I didn't do it on Monday - I stayed home just because I was mentally exhausted I guess.. However I did power thru Tuesday and I even went to Zumba - I feel soo much better when I go - wish she had class 5 days becuase I would go.. Maybe I should check into the Wii Zumba - anyone try it?? Today well I just ate the food I have in my lunchbox .. no extras ..

take care everyone.. :grouphug::flower3::grouphug: to all that might need them... (dona - sorry to hear of the loss of your dad and friend)

Many hugs back to you!! Sorry that you are still struggling. If the Zumba is fun and makes you feel better.... find a way to do it more! It sounds like you need some endorphins right now and exercise is a great way to get them! NOT taking care of yourself is NOT going to change the situation with your Gram.... it will just end up making you feel worse!! So go take care of yourself!!

You'll have to give a full juicing review! I always think about it but I'm afraid I'd be hungry the entire time!

Well, I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to give a "full review" but I'd be happy to share what I'm doing.

I just keep moving. I try not to stay seated for long. Today I'm off so I'm cleaning throughout the day but I get up and move during commercial breaks. It helps me avoid over snacking out of bordem.

Moving is good!

I knew it was April, but just reading that its a quarter of the way through gave me such a shock! Oh my goodness!

ME TOO!!

And I think that's AWESOME! We're all Disney dorks here. When I used to run, I ran to a mixture of the songs played BEFORE Illuminations! It would end with the old Tapestries of Dream drum section. We're all mad here... :rotfl:

While the ToD is definitely NOT a top favorite of mine, I do have fond memories of that drum music because that was one of the first Disney parades that my kiddos ever saw!

Hmmm.... I guess there's not much I can do today. I will be doing my daily workout at 5, and I've been eating OP this week, so I guess that's good! But, today is part of a very relaxed week since I'm working from my parent's house. But, I do get to eat the delicious leftovers from what I made last night, so that's exciting!

Eating leftovers that YOU made, knowing the nutrition information and such is a great thing to do for yourself! And of course, the workout is a
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Secret trip funds are the best! And yeah, I know my fear is completely illogical - I've read the books, seen the studies. I know just walking down the street gives me a higher chance of death than an airplane, but unfortunately, it doesn't help much. :confused3

That is the problem with fear/phobias.... they are NOT logical!

That's awesome, Pamela! It's amazing how things that seem so daunting at first get easier, and definitely more intriguing as you go. Way to go!

Thanks!

I have a confession to make - I LOVE SQUASH! Why, oh, why did I not spend the entirety of winter making it?! I made the most delicious dinner last night for my friend and I - Skinnytaste Chicken stuffed with Broccoli and Cheese, with Squash and Asparagus on the side. 7 points for a whole meal of deliciousness!

Seriously - I went back for seconds on the squash. How did I not know how much I loved this vegetable before? Too bad it is about to go out of season haha

What kind of squash? Recipe please!

Yesterday was incredibly slow going - the phone did not ring ALL DAY, so I decided, since my parents have an exercise bike in their house, to start my workout at 4 instead of 5. Of course, twenty minutes in, the phone rings, and then rings again, and then again! I had to pitch this woman over the phone, taking frequent breaks to breath away from the phone hahaha I was sweating all over the place, it was a mess.

Today, I shall be waiting until 5. :rotfl:

Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weather! 57 here right now!

Always the way! I can be home all day without a single call.... but as soon as I get on the TM, the whole world seems to need to talk to me!!

Hey there friends! I told myself NO internet time until the workout was done and I stuck with it! I had a great walk/run outside with a solid 50/50 mix.... not sure why I keep trying to get back to running when I really don't like it, but for some reason I keep trying. And I told myself no more juice until I drink a full mason jar of water so I'm nearly done with that! I really struggle with plain/still water, but my seltzer cannisters are empty! A squeeze of lemon in the water definitely helped though.

For those who are interested, here is a bit about my juicing....

First of all, I saw the documentary "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" a few years ago and it was pretty interesting. While I don't agree with his method of weight loss, he definitely seemed to make HUGE STRIDES in improving his overall health by doing a long term juice fast.

I have some experience with juicing from DH's accident a few years ago (for your newbies I'll fill you in quick....DH fell off a ladder, broke every bone in his face/skull, and had to have his face glued/screwed back together and of course his jaw wired shut for many weeks). After his accident and using a relative's juicer, I broke down and bought my own.

The first time I tried to do a 24 hour juice fast, I was so hungry by mid-afternoon I felt ill and gave in and ate. Tried it again another time and had similar results plus it had a bit of a laxative effect.... okay for weight loss, but I didn't feel well. Plus I was miserably hungry.

I did more reading up on juicing and how to prevent the hunger, etc and most of what I've read said to NOT let yourself get hungry. If you are hungry, drink juice. During a juice fast you should also give up caffeine, dairy, added sugar, etc. Just all juice, all the time (plus decaf green tea and water).... no solids.

In the past, I've made one big batch of juice, but this time I tried dividing the juices into individual containers and mixing up different "flavors". I know that BEST case scenario you should make your juice fresh at every meal/snack, but who wants to deal with cleaning the juicer that often??? I made up enough for a full 3 days at once this time, but I know in the future I will make a batch every day (which is why I try to stick to juicing on the weekends).

What I juiced this time: carrots, celery, cucumbers, beets, papaya, cantaloupe, kiwi, apples, watermelon, oranges, grapefruit, lime. My juicer just doesn't do a good enough job on greens to bother with it.... for 16 oz of baby spinach I might get a few tablespoons of juice. So I add the spinach after the fact, in the blender.

I try to make sure my juice blends are AT LEAST 50% vegetable (before the addition of spinach). Otherwise I feel like I am just taking in too much natural sugar. That being said, if it is TOO MUCH vegetable, it just isn't enjoyable.

Quantities: This time around I used 10 pounds of apples, 5.5 pounds of carrots, 8 cukes, 2 full heads of celery, 3 beets (the taste is strong!), 1 large papaya, 1 large cantaloupe, 2 kiwi, 1/4 of a large watermelon, 4 pounds of navel oranges, 2 large grapefruit, 1 lime. That made me enough juice for three days (I will have just a bit of apple juice left.... but I've been sharing the orange juice with DS).

For breakfast and dinner I've been making a juice smoothie with a variety of juices, a scoop or half scoop of Juice + vanilla protein powder, half a banana, two handfuls of baby spinach, a slice of fresh ginger (about the size of a nickel) and once or twice a splash of almond milk. I make a BIG smoothie (fills the blender) and this definitely keeps me full for a while. I drink from a large mason jar that holds 3 cups of liquid and I usually drink about 1 1/2 of these jars. I feel a bit OVER full and bloated initially, but once I burp a few times (the blender adds a lot of air) and it settles in, I feel fine. I probably drink it too fast.

For lunch and snacks I've been sticking with just juice blends.... no banana, no almond milk, no protein powder.

Try to drink plenty of water/seltzer and green tea along with all of this, but that isn't anything new for me.

If I were recommending this for a newbie.... I'd say skip the beet.... the taste is very strong. Buy organic as much as possible and soak/scrub/peel everything else. Apples, cukes, celery, carrots give the biggest bang (as far as juice amounts) for the buck and I actually find carrot juice very delicious! I actually had problems a few years back with my skin discoloring because (presumably) of the amount of carrots and carrot juice I was consuming (it took a loooong time to wear off too!), so I am careful about that. Watermelon also produces a lot of juice, but it is pretty bland (IMHO)....especially this time of year.

The papaya is good for digestion and inflammation, so even if it isn't a fruit you normally eat, it is very mild tasty and sweet and great for juicing.

I've read about people juicing sweet potatoes and cabbage, but I haven't ventured that far yet. A lot of folks juice greens like beet tops, kale, parsley, etc, but my juicer just isn't powerful enough for that, so I do add greens (mostly baby spinach and parsley) to my juice by using my blender... same with the fresh ginger.

Personally, I definitely need the protein from the Juice + and the hemp powder.... otherwise I am just too, too hungry, no matter how much juice I am drinking!

First time around I would suggest staying close to the home bathroom facilities....just sayin' ;)

If you want to do a TRUE juice fast, I think the Juice + powder would definitely be a no-no.... not sure about the hemp protein. I had a friend try to put chia seeds in her juices and it made them too gooey and jelly.... so I haven't tried that.

Anyhow.... I'm rambling as I enjoy my evening meal.... but glad it is the last of the juice for a while! ;)

Hope you all are well! I started typing this post at about 5pm and it is now 6:17.... I've made dinner for the men, cleaned it up, made my juice, and consumed about half of it.... all while trying to finish this post! Off to finish my juice and take a shower!..............p

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and I hope you and your family can be there for each other during this hard time. It's hard to motivated while dealing with something like this. We will be thinking of you. :grouphug:

Hi Im Maria. I am new to this challenge. Im married with two kids. My goal is to loose 30 pounds in 6 months, a year or how ever long it takes. Im not really doing much exercises except go walking for 25 minutes during my lunch hour. It is really hard to motivate my self to exercise. Im hoping this challenge will force me to commit and stay motivated. My weight has been the same for the past 4 months even though i have been exercising more and eating less rice and more veggies.

Hi! I am Jenne and I am new to this. I recently returned from another Spring Break Trip to Disney - one that I swore I would lose weight for, and I think I was about 8 lbs heavier then when I went the year before. I have been saying this to myself every year for as long as I can remember. :( My BABY just turned four yesterday - can't really call him my baby anymore. I am carrying around 2 pregnancies worth of baby weight, and the 40 lbs I packed on when I quit smoking. Enough is enough. I have been with WW since last summer, but I finally turned a corner with my horrible eating habits, so success is coming slowly. I attend meetings on Saturdays, so I will post my results then.

My April goal - by the check in on the 26th - I hope to be 8 lbs down. :goodvibes I am going to focus on proper eating to start and bring in the fitness slowly later on.

Something unusual - I can make my chin dance! ::yes::

I'm in! I've done this before and am usually lurking! So I feel I know everyone pretty well, but nobody has any idea who I am. :lmao:

QOTD1: I've been married to DH for 26.5 years. On our 25th we went to DLR alone; it was lovely without kids. DS1 is a sophomore in college and DS2 is a junior in high school. He keeps us very busy. I am a substitute assistant in the school district and mostly work in a special education kindergarten room. They are so stinking cute!

QOTD2: I measured my dinner tonight. Love my food scale from Costco!

-------------
Dona: :hug: I'm so sorry for your losses!

Hi Im Maria. I am new to this challenge. Im married with two kids. My goal is to loose 30 pounds in 6 months, a year or how ever long it takes. Im not really doing much exercises except go walking for 25 minutes during my lunch hour. It is really hard to motivate my self to exercise. Im hoping this challenge will force me to commit and stay motivated. My weight has been the same for the past 4 months even though i have been exercising more and eating less rice and more veggies.
Hi Maria
I know exactly what you mean! I am lucky if I lose. Isn't it true that it seems to go on so easy and comes off SO SLOWLY!
I get my daily walk in just like you. I have nearly 4 months before vacation and hope to lose 14 - 16 pounds. As we should now be getting towards summer here in the UK I hope I can get out more and speed up the weight loss - but in the meantime maybe 16lb is realistic. :thumbsup2

Happy Thursday!

Here is your QOTD for Thursday, April 3, 2014:

How do you track/journal your food? Do you keep an old-fashioned paper journal or a list? Do you do it online or maybe on an iPhone app?? If you DON'T track/journal your food, do you think you should?

I"ll BBL to chat!..............P

Good Morning everyone!!

After another frustrating meeting with my scale I have no decided to ignore it. Serves it well if it is not being nice to me!!! The scale will travel into my basement tonight and stay there until I need it to come up when I pack my suitcase for the trip (and need to weigh the suitcase to make sure that I do not exceed the 23kg limit). Until then I am going to keep tracking my points and continue my exercise. That's the only thing I can think of for getting thinner. So it does not matter at all what the scale says. I usually use the scale as a motivator in a positive sense. But currently it is not motivating me at all! I also don't believe in the weigh only once a week thing as I know that my body weight fluctuates and I would only be depressed if that once a week weight is one when it fluctuated upwards. So the solution is not to weigh myself for 3.5 weeks at all.

With that I am also not taking part in the challenge part of this thread but will continue to post and chat since you people here are a great source of motivation for me (and more important than my scale by now!!! :goodvibes)

Feeling really good about this!

Did not feel good this morning however, when I did my Body Revolution exercise. I think I hate workout 3! And I hate exercising in the morning. I wonder how you people do it? I had no strength, felt nauseous most of the time and was utterly exhausted by the end. :scared: Need to do it again tomorrow though as I don't have any other opportunity to get my workout in for the day otherwise. Already a bit scared...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter