~WISH Away The Pounds~ AMAZING APRIL 2014 Challenge! *All Welcome!*

pjlla

DIS Veteran
Welcome to our Amazing April WISH challenge!!

While February might have been Frustrating and March might have been Maddening, it is CERTAIN that April will be Amazing!!

If you are new to our challenges, read all of the ins and outs in post #2 and then feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Our philosophy here is small, achievable goals, one day at a time! We are here to HELP each other, not compete with each other.

Results will be posted each week as percentage of weight lost towards your monthly personal goal. Actual weights are not needed.

Thanks again to Rose&Mike for this great format idea!

Weigh-In Dates for April: April 4, April 11, April 18, April 25. You can weigh-in on your "usual" day, but please submit for each week on the Friday.

Weight Loss Goals:
1-9% bright blue
10% orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--FINISH STRONG!
100% WISH green

Maintainer Goals:
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

Wow. Am I really #1 to post?

I'm in again for April and actually at the beginning of the month no less. Less than 6 weeks till my vacation! I gotta get choppin

How the challenges work:
This is the new and improved challenge that replaces the BL challenges. Like the show has evolved, so have our challenges and this format takes the best of that long standing tradition and makes it even better!

The goal of the new challenge is to meet your weight loss/maintain goals on a monthly basis. Results will be posted as percentages toward goal and your color will change as you approach your goal, similar to the exercise thread on the WISH boards. It is the hope that this new format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living!

Here's how the new challenge will work. It is going to be a monthly individual challenge. Each month is a new start. You are competing against yourself to meet your goals for the month. No one will know your actual weight (unless you share it) except the hostess for the month. NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL.

Let me repeat: NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL. A loss is a loss is a loss. Your color will change based on your % lost toward goal.

If you want to take part, on April 1st or 2nd, you will PM PJLLA (Pamela) (hostess for April) your starting weight AND your goal for the month. Then every Friday for April you will PM PJLLA your updated weight and percentage toward goal.

Each week the thread will be updated with your percentage toward goal.

Here is an example of what the stats will look like.

Updated March 28, 2014:

Minnie Mouse 25.00 %
Daisy Duck 12.00 %
Goofy 0.00%
Donald Duck 33.33 %
Mickey Mouse 50.00 %

In this case Goofy put on a few pounds, but that will be reported as 0%. We are not going to call people out, but just report positive moves towards your goal!

Minnie Mouse had a starting weight of 110 with a goal of 4 pounds. At her weigh in she reported a weight of 109 with a percentage loss of 25%.

Your color will change based on your % loss. If you gain, your percentage will decrease, and your color will change, but no one will know your weight except the hostess. Only your % loss toward goal will be reported. Negative percentages will not be reported

Participants (other than the hostess) will not know your pound lost goal or actual weight unless you choose to share it with them.

Maintainers will set a goal for the month of number of weeks they would like to stay in maintain range (+/- 4 pounds).
They will weigh in on the first day of the month and then on each of the weekends. Their results will be reported as percentages along with their goal.

For example:
Pluto 1/4 25%.

Pluto has a goal of maintaining all four weeks. He put on 1 pound at the first weigh in, but is in his maintain range.

It really is pretty simple. Remember, no one will see your weight or pound loss goal except the hostess unless you choose to share it.

Percentage loss will be updated once a week. If you miss sending in your weight over the weekend, no big deal, just send an update the following weekend. Please understand that this is a volunteer job and the hostess will only be updating once a week.

Any questions so far??????

Participants List:

beno44

DisFam95

glss1/2fll

happysummer

jenne

lloydy

mainemooncat

Marsone1

myweegirls

OhMom

pjlla

Raenstoirm

Rose&Mike

sugarnspicex4

TheRose227

willonlyflytodisney

Edited and updated 4/29

We will have coaches for this challenge. Coaches post the Question of the Day (QOTD), do replies, and generally keep our conversation moving. Coaching is a lot of fun and coaches often enjoy what we call "the coaching effect" and have a great loss the weeks that they coach. It is a lot of fun!

Coaching Schedule for April:
4/1 - 4/4 : pjlla
4/5 - 4/11: lloydy
4/12 - 4/18: OhMom
4/19 - 4/25: willonlyflytodisney
4/26 - 5/2: SPOT AVAILABLE!

These challenges don't run themselves -- it takes a lot of effort from everyone especially our hostesses. One of the reasons we switched to the monthly format was to avoid hostess burnout. We need hostesses for future challenges. Any volunteers?

Future Hosts/Hostesses:

May 2014 willonlyflytodisney (Stacey)
June 2014 Flossbolna (Magdalene)
July 2014 araes2102 (Amanda)
August 2014
September 2014
October 2014 Lisah0711 (Lisa)
November 2014
December 2014

Okay ladies (and gents if we have any!).... we are off and running for April!

Here is your QOTD for Tuesday April 1, 2014:

As usual, if you are new, feel FREE to introduce yourself!! But if you feel like we all know you already, then tell us something UNUSUAL that we might not know about you!!

Cleaning out my PM box now to make room! And I'm sure you noticed that we have plenty of spaces open for coaching this month!.................P

I'm in! So excited to be here! I'd also love to coach 4/19-4/25 as that is my last week doing p90 so I will be super motivated!!

Sending you a PM now!

As usual, if you are new, feel FREE to introduce yourself!! But if you feel like we all know you already, then tell us something UNUSUAL that we might not know about you!!

I'm Stacey! I'm 23 and living in NYC (though hoping to move to Boston in the next couple of months)!

Something you might not know about me is that I'm a goal-oriented thrill seeker. What that means is my motivation for doing difficult or amazing things is to finish a goal. On a small scale, that means I like workouts with that have a goal in mind, like do 90 days, or run a race. On a large scale, I took an 80 day road trip across the USA because finishing meant having visited all 50 states.

So, on a small scale, my next big goals are to finish p90, and then p90x3, and then start racing again so my goals can be more mileage centered! On a large scale, I have a dream of visiting every country in Europe one day. I'm saving up to spend a summer in Western Europe when I finish my second bachelor's. Depending on my situation, it could be as small as a one week vacation to Ireland, or a three month vacation backpacking around Western Europe. :) Or you know, I'll save that money to spend on grad school like a smart person. :rotfl:

Oh, and something else you might not know about me - I have a terrible fear of flying. So... that might put a hard stop in this trip if I can't get on the plane!!!

Anyway - excited to kick April's butt, and show up at Easter Sunday dinner to stare down those chocolate bunnies. :thumbsup2

April 1st?! HUH???!!!??? :scared1: Can't believe we're already a quarter of the way through 2014! :eek:

So, let's get this party started with the unusual. Not really sure if this falls into that category, but how many people can brag that they know every single word to the music played during Illuminations? Yep, every....single....word. I'm SUCH a Disney Dork. :laughing:

Thanks for hosting Pam!

Well, it looks like many of us have found our new home, so I'll leave for work with confidence that folks aren't dangling out there in the breeze (so to speak)! I'll be back in the morning with a fresh QOTD!................P

Something unusual...maybe not unusual but I have lived on both coasts (California, Maryland, Pennsylvania) and in two flyover states--Illinois and Kentucky.

Hoping to be more present in April, but realistically, my stressed out a.d.d. brain and the fact that I am hosting the exercise thread will probably mean sporadic posting again. We are very close to giving up our goal of relocating :worried:(we gave ourselves to the middle of May) so some of the stress will be eventually decreasing, but if we are here that means we are buying or building a house sometime this summer. Having said all that, while I lost nothing in March, I am still down for the year and I will take that victory at this point.:goodvibes Going to set a low goal this month (2 or 3 pounds) and consider it a victory if I finish the month down at all.:)

Thanks for hosting Pamela!

Well, it looks like many of us have found our new home, so I'll leave for work with confidence that folks aren't dangling out there in the breeze (so to speak)! I'll be back in the morning with a fresh QOTD!................P
I will give coaching a go from 5 th April for that slot, but I have no ideas, though find the prospect exciting :yay:
I have played rounders today ( I have mentioned it before, it is similar to baseball if you are not familiar). Hand eye coordination needed some work when I first tried back at the end of Feb. Today I hit the ball and scored half rounder :dance3:
I am in the UK and have nearly 4 months to lose a bit more weight ( maybe 14 - 16 lb loss is realistic) before our holiday to Orlando in July.
I love chatting to people on here, it has really helped me to lose some weight last month.
:cheer2:

Hello again! I have tried in the past to keep up with this board but have had a lot of trouble due to full-time work + full-time school. I have been staying (mostly) on track with healthy eating and exercise, though, and I thought I would try again to participate in this awesome thread. We just completed a major move and things seem to have settled down a bit, so I hope you will have me.

My name is Elizabeth, and I am from Chicago but now live in middle Tennessee (halfway between Nashville and Knoxville). Briefly, I work nights from home and am finishing my last semester of college during the days. I am trying to lose the weight I gained with my pregnancy and bed rest with my daughter 8 long, long years ago in time for our first trip to Disney in October - a surprise for DD, who has no idea. It's been going well, but I know I can do better.

Looking forward to a great month! Thanks to all our coaches and our hostess for keeping things on track!

Hmm, lets see. I am Carla Rae. Dh and I live just outside Washington DC, but I am a Jersey girl, born and raised. Dh and I don't have any kids yet (celebrating our 13th anniversary this fall. We just haven't been together long enough to do the kid thing yet. ;)), but we do have 9 critters.

Oswald, Timothy, Sebastian, & Raja

5X7gliders_zps90fdfcfd.jpg

Bella, Donis, & Misty

P3101847_zps990056f0.jpg

And Charlie & Angel

DSCN1701_zpsd327dd28.jpg

And a fish tank, but they don't count.

My goal is 10 lbs this month. It's gonna be tough. Dh's birthday is the 10th. We will be in NJ with my family for easter and then my own birthday is the 30th. We leave for a cruise May 11th and my goal is 15 lbs down by then. Its gonna be really tricky. Oh and of course I am broken right now and banned from exercise for at least a week. I took Misty for a longish walk (a mile or so) today and my foot told me that was a bad idea, so I am afraid it may end up being more than a week out of commission. :worried:

Hi! I fell off the face of the earth, threadwise, in March. That month was bananas. April will be crazy, too - special reunion travel this weekend, and a week from Friday we leave for spring break at WDW! We can't wait...but I know the challenges that await me there. I'll be in and out on weigh-ins, but I'm going to start now, try to stay strong through our vacation departure date, and then try to hold steady until we get back and I can get back in the saddle.

March got away from me in a lot of ways, and I found a few of the pounds I'd lost. So aggravating!! But I am *not* giving up.

Something not many people know about me...in high school, I had a job as a mall Easter bunny. Super hot, can't see where you're going, and kids are scared of you like the clown slide at Boardwalk. SO FUN. :/ But I did have a good time overall, and it's a fun bit of trivia to pull out on occasion!

XO
Liz

Ok! I'm back for this month! This back to nights thing has been rough! But I'm doing really well with my new team!

Woohoo! Pumped to hopefully lose more this month!

I'm Erin, I live in Connecticut! I just graduated from college and am working full time at a job I actually love. I'm a huge fan of sports, musical theatre and cooking!

Something unusual?? hmmmm I almost was in an Oscar Mayer commercial as a kid...but I wouldn't eat the bologna!

Good morning all!

Here is your QOTD for Wednesday, April 2, 2014:

What is one thing that you can do today to get help get yourself to where you want to be?

What is one thing that you can do today to get help get yourself to where you want to be?
It's not one thing, but I am committed this month to 1 mile a day, 1 min plank a day, 8 min meditation, and 32 ounces of water. I know when I do these things, I am calmer, more focused, feel better, and make better choices. And altogether they take less than 30 min a day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!