Wisconsin/Minnesota DVC Owners

We enjoy Delta as well…but the prices have been so high lately I have to really consider how we vacation since the plane tickets for the whole family can add up to as much as lodging.
Yes! They have been pricey, but I have been tracking and found lower prices on Thursday evenings. I stalk often.

Mequon WI (Just north of Milwaukee). 150 points BWV, 100 points BLT, all direct soon after they were first offered. Not sure we would buy at today's prices, even at resale prices. We fly nonstop from MKE on Southwest.

ETA: Thanks for starting this thread.
FYI: there was a Wisconsin owners thread started in 2011, with only 70 posts, the last of which was in 2013. See link below.
Just thought I'd start a page for all us WI DVC Members. I'll even try to keep it updated. How about this list your screen name, family members, where you own and where you live. If you keep it in my format I can easily cut and paste. This can also be a place where we can tell about ourselves, upcoming trips(even if not WDW trips),ask questions, tell about cool things happening in WI or in your hometown. Basically whatever we want to talk about. I'll start the list in the next post. Come on WI DVC members let's have a great thread:cool1:

Last edited:
Mequon WI (Just north of Milwaukee). 150 points BWV, 100 points BLT, all direct soon after they were first offered. Not sure we would buy at today's prices, even at resale prices. We fly nonstop from MKE on Southwest.

ETA: Thanks for starting this thread.
FYI: there was a Wisconsin owners thread started in 2011, with only 70 posts, the last of which was in 2013. See link below.
Thanks for finding that! Give me some reading materials today.

ALSO.....I wish we would have bought in at opening although sooner is always better.

Twin Cities here—Woodbury, just east of St. Paul. I’m happy to have found this thread! I purchased 175 pts at AKV after a March 2020 trip to Aulani with the intent to bank/borrow for at least a few more Aulani trips, but will use at WDW at other times. We rented points for our 2020 Aulani trip and were really fortunate with the timing—a few days later and the Covid/point rental situation would likely have cost us dearly. That was the push for us to look at owning since I’ll now never risk renting for an Aulani stay. We did our first DVC stay at the Polynesian this past March and are planning another Aulani trip for March 2022. My youngest (and only one still at home) is going into ninth grade and is already making her case for why she should be the one to inherit the contract. :-)
Cottage Grove, MN, Just south of Woodbury!
150 SSR in 2016 and 75 SSR in 2020
25 BCV in 2017 and 100 BCV in early 2021
100 AKV in 2018
50 CC in 2019
40 OKW in 2019

Another Woodbury owner here! We have 300 points at CCV that we purchased last year and closed on 230 at AUL last month. We also visited Aulani in March 2020 on rented points and fell in love with Aulani and DVC. Using 2-1/2 years of my CCV points for an 11 night trip over Christmas and to celebrate my 50th! Anyone else going at Christmas? We will be at Copper Creek. Planning our Aulani welcome home for June.

Another Woodbury owner here! We have 300 points at CCV that we purchased last year and closed on 230 at AUL last month. We also visited Aulani in March 2020 on rented points and fell in love with Aulani and DVC. Using 2-1/2 years of my CCV points for an 11 night trip over Christmas and to celebrate my 50th! Anyone else going at Christmas? We will be at Copper Creek. Planning our Aulani welcome home for June.
We own there also but have not had the chance to stay. We will be in the world from Dec 27-Jan 9th doing a split stay, AK, GFV, POLY

Saint Paul (Merriam Park neighborhood) owner of 180 October points at Animal Kingdom. We were fully into heavy plan mode for Aulani for June 22 for our travel group (8) but with Hawaii being so unpredictable regarding COVID and potential lockdown... we've been doing the "pivot..... PIVOT!!!" (think Friends couch episode) to doing the 50th in June 22 now.

Just booked January 24-29. Staying at Saratoga springs as everything else was booked. But who knows with covid.
just got back from boo bash and crowds were low at magic kingdom pre the party.

Twin Cities SW Suburbs
200 pts at BLT when they opened $97/pt. We checked in on opening day!
300 pts at CCV for $163/pt

Last stay was in May - 8 nights at BCV and 7 nights in a CCV cabin (my favorite)

We always fly Delta non-stop. Our May trip was only $188 round trip! On the way down, we got upgraded to 1st class. We purchased the tickets in the middle of the pandemic, so there's that...
I always choose that my days are flexible and sometimes you can save a lot (especially around MEA).

Far NW cities suburbs here. 230 points at BWV, since 2002. Bough sight unseen, never regretted it for a second. I still get misty everytime I walk in to check in.

NordEast Minneapolis here - own 155 pts Riviera (direct) and 160 AKV (resale).
We usually go in late August (yes, I'm a weirdo) and always drive (see? WEIRDO!).
How long does it take you? It feels like it would take SOOO long… but it might be fun sometime!

How long does it take you? It feels like it would take SOOO long… but it might be fun sometime!
Usually takes me about 22 hours total driving time - we sleep in Clarksville, TN the first night (and no one is ever waiting at the station, the Monkees lied!). Then the second day we drive to Astor, FL where a friend lives. Spend the night at her place then head to the beach the next day and make it to WDW by check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter