Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

Hello everyone, I'm looking to do this event next year and was hoping to get a few tips and suggestions on where to stay as this will be my first time. This won't be my first time to WDW as our family goes at least once a year.

Questions:
What dates are the actual race days? Is it Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
5k Fri 10k sat half sun
Is flying in on Oct 31 ok, or do I need to arrive a day before?
If you aren’t planning on doing the 5k and you don’t mind official race merchandise being picked over you should be fine flying in Thursday if running the 5k or merchandise is priority I’d fly In Wednesday
Where is the best place to stay? I was planning on Pop Century just because it's more budget friendly, but open to suggestions.
Pop is usually our go to the past few wine & dine weekends …I’ve also done art of animation, all stars and French quarter
Do you have to be extremely quick to book the package that allows participation in each race?

Thanks!
Yes especially as it will be the 15th anniversary of the 5k & half

Which race sells out the fastest? I’d like to do the challenge. How hard is it compared to the other races to register. I’ve only done Disneyland races and am pretty familiar with the dreaded virtual queue.

Hi everyone,

Any predictions as to when the theme will be released? It must be soonish?

Hi everyone,

Any predictions as to when the theme will be released? It must be soonish?
Well, we got DL Halloween themes 2 weeks before Club runDisney registration starts, so if they follow the same formula for Wine & Dine, we should get the themes on or around February 20, since W&D CrD registration starts March 5.

I'm wondering if it will be before then, since two days later is the start of Princess Weekend. Unless they've done announcements the same time other events are going on before.

I'm wondering if it will be before then, since two days later is the start of Princess Weekend. Unless they've done announcements the same time other events are going on before.
That was why I mentioned give or take as the 20th is two days before the expo but then the week before is Disneyland Halloween registration

Looking back at last years timing they announced themes the Thursday before club registration which would be 2/29 though they had announced the half would be Encanto and possibly the “banquet bash” through line significantly before

Given the new Halloween races, I think the villains type theming may be off the books, and the movable feast themes (a la wine and dine) are more likely?

Synergy with the new Tiana attraction expected to open in WDW later this year?

Given the new Halloween races, I think the villains type theming may be off the books, and the movable feast themes (a la wine and dine) are more likely?

Bite your tongue! 😄😄 Don’t spoil my dreams. Besides, maybe rD will want to have a villainous backup option for all the people that miss out on the DL Halloween races?

Jumping in this thread to stay up-to-date on developments and to start getting excited. I am planning on doing all three races again this year at W&D which of course includes the challenge. Let's go!

I mean 23s princess & wine & dine 10k we’re both beauty and the beast so I could see the half being Louis and Ray maybe with some beignets

Maybe the 5k, 10k and challenge themes would follow an sidekick/food theme

Gus Gus with cheese
Percy with the cherry bowl
Abu with an apple

I mean 23s princess & wine & dine 10k we’re both beauty and the beast so I could see the half being Louis and Ray maybe with some beignets

Maybe the 5k, 10k and challenge themes would follow an sidekick/food theme

Gus Gus with cheese
Percy with the cherry bowl
Abu with an apple
If they have Percy then they need to have Meeko eating all the cherries 😆

I think RD should return to the prepandemic theming for Wine and Dine. You wouldn't put Percy/Meeko on the medal for Princess, which is a race with a distinct theme and clear association with Magic Kingdom. Wine and Dine is an Epcot race where themes should be related to Chef Mickey, Wine and Food Festival, Epcot attractions (Spaceship Earth, Mexico pyramid), and Epcot characters (Frozen, 3 Caballeros, Remy). Save the random nonsense for Springtime Surprise. *Shakes fist at kids on lawn*

I'm probably in the minority here, but I really hope they don't do any themes relating to percy/meeko. That movie is so problematic, I would skip the race entirely.
I respect the controversy surrounding that movie and I agree that the movie is problematic in light of what we know now about the real story of Pocahontas. I just think Percy and Meeko are so freaking adorable and I was obsessed with them as a kid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter