Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

A few more after-party questions that occurred to me:

- Will they be charging for parking? I'm anticipating us wanting to get there around the 5 p.m. start time.

- Any thoughts on how Genie+ will work (or not work) if I only have an after-party ticket? I really want to get on Remy (it is one of my favorite movies) and would probably be willing to pay the ILL price to ride in between 5 p.m. and park close IF I can get a time. I want to max out our party time with rides since I haven't been to Epcot in many years (since before Frozen took over) and would be willing to throw a few bucks at it if it will help us out.

I didn't follow how they managed things for the MK Christmas event, which is the only thing I can think of that might be comparable.

Ah, PF. I've been dealing with it on and off for over 2 years. They tell me I'll have flare-ups on and off probably for as long as I keep running. Definitely stick to at least 1 rest day between short runs as you start back out. I came back too quickly from PF the first time around and it knocked me out longer than it otherwise would have.
I think I might have done that too. Pushed through the pain and made it worse. I took over a year off to just not run. Let my feet take a break and go to PT to learn how to keep them stretched out and injury free or as close as possible. They told me doing nothing wasn't a good plan either bc then the fascia don't get regular stretching. I'm glad I did PT. There were times where it felt like I had glass shards in my heels. It still gets that way here and there but its not horrible and constant as long as I take it slow and stretch and use insoles in my shoes.

Are they still doing the charity/travel agent bibs? After running the springtime surprise weekend, I just decided I would like to do wine and dine weekend (preferably the half!) but it's sold out

I don't believe that the charities have signed contracts with Disney for bibs yet. Reports have come in that they will have them, but the question is when.

Keep an eye on the runDisney page and on this thread. Some or all of the races have opened up periodically few times over the past week or so. Post what specifically you are looking for and it can be added to the first post of this thread. That way someone can tag you if/when they see the race open.

- Will they be charging for parking? I'm anticipating us wanting to get there around the 5 p.m. start time.

- Any thoughts on how Genie+ will work (or not work) if I only have an after-party ticket? I really want to get on Remy (it is one of my favorite movies) and would probably be willing to pay the ILL price to ride in between 5 p.m. and park close IF I can get a time. I want to max out our party time with rides since I haven't been to Epcot in many years (since before Frozen took over) and would be willing to throw a few bucks at it if it will help us out.

I didn't follow how they managed things for the MK Christmas event, which is the only thing I can think of that might be comparable.

I'm not sure about parking but my gut tells me they will. I was staying onsite last time so had free parking from that.

My thoughts on Genie + are that it would only work until park close but I think some of this still needs to be hashed out. For example, do we still need to make a park reservation to get in with our after party tickets? I would assume no but if that is the case would Genie+ even recognize you will be in Epcot that day?

I think we will find out more as we get closer to the event.

I'm not sure about parking but my gut tells me they will.

Yeah, I don't exactly expect the Mouse to be that generous. But I was hoping...

My thoughts on Genie + are that it would only work until park close but I think some of this still needs to be hashed out. For example, do we still need to make a park reservation to get in with our after party tickets? I would assume no but if that is the case would Genie+ even recognize you will be in Epcot that day?

That's the crazy tangled mess that I see as well. I don't know enough about how Genie+ works (intentionally because it just contemplating it makes my head hurt), but I know that there are people much more learned than I on this list. I hope we don't have to wait until the Expo guide comes out to hear what RD comes up with.

No idea about parking, but I would assume you would have to pay for it.

As for paying for an ILL for Remy, unless they change the way it's currently handled, I don't see how you'd be able to book it. I tried to make one just now, and it tells me I don't have a linked park pass reservation. If you're getting into EPCOT using your party ticket, you won't have a park pass reservation either, which means you wouldn't be able to make any Genie+ plans. If I remember correctly, the tickets for the party last year weren't linked to my MDE account in any way.

No idea about parking, but I would assume you would have to pay for it.

As for paying for an ILL for Remy, unless they change the way it's currently handled, I don't see how you'd be able to book it. I tried to make one just now, and it tells me I don't have a linked park pass reservation. If you're getting into EPCOT using your party ticket, you won't have a park pass reservation either, which means you wouldn't be able to make any Genie+ plans. If I remember correctly, the tickets for the party last year weren't linked to my MDE account in any way.

I'm going by memory from 2018 but I thought you could add the party ticket to your MDE account as a ticket and then use your MB for entrance. I could be wrong.

I'm not sure the after party is busy enough to need to use ILL or G+ so once they announce what will remain open, assuming Remy is on that list, you might just be transported back to a time where you could just stand in line and see what you wanted.

I'm going by memory from 2018 but I thought you could add the party ticket to your MDE account as a ticket and then use your MB for entrance. I could be wrong.

I'm not sure the after party is busy enough to need to use ILL or G+ so once they announce what will remain open, assuming Remy is on that list, you might just be transported back to a time where you could just stand in line and see what you wanted.
Maybe. I'm in Canada, and missed picking up my ticket at the expo, so I picked it up at the international gateway right before the party, and they just gave me a card.

There were only a few rides open last year, Remy being one of them, but I think it was down for a lot of the party. I didn't pay attention, since I can't go on it due to motion sickness.

I don't believe that the charities have signed contracts with Disney for bibs yet. Reports have come in that they will have them, but the question is when.

Keep an eye on the runDisney page and on this thread. Some or all of the races have opened up periodically few times over the past week or so. Post what specifically you are looking for and it can be added to the first post of this thread. That way someone can tag you if/when they see the race open.
Thank you! I'm specifically looking for a bib for the half!

As much as I would love to count on just being able to stand in line and get to ride, I don't have a ton of trust in Disney making it that simple. If I can get Remy - my one "must do" ride for the evening - out of the way early, it will be worth it for me to throw some money at it. Then if we get a chance to ride it again during the party, that's a bonus.

I'm probably not going to be interested in Guardians of the Galaxy, but my travel partner might be so that will probably take a bunch of time (assuming that it is running).

I just shot runDisney a question about the non-existent kids events. We have had 4 weekends after they announced something new for kids. I'll let you know what boilerplate non-answer I get back.

As a side note I was really surprised there is no sunrise yoga for this weekend. I thought with how well attended the last two rounds went this would become a new staple of all race weekends. For W&D they could do it at Epcot or just keep it at the castle. It is very unDisney to leave money on the table.

I just shot runDisney a question about the non-existent kids events. We have had 4 weekends after they announced something new for kids. I'll let you know what boilerplate non-answer I get back.

As a side note I was really surprised there is no sunrise yoga for this weekend. I thought with how well attended the last two rounds went this would become a new staple of all race weekends. For W&D they could do it at Epcot or just keep it at the castle. It is very unDisney to leave money on the table.
So.....its not my profession, but I'm a certified yoga instructor. I'm more than happy to teach a class if you all wanna head over to POFQ in the morning! For free of course. :) Or even better, a post race recovery yoga after the parks close. Our legs will need the TLC after running and theme parking.
No cool merch included tho. I think the sunrise yoga classes include a mat, right? and maybe a water bottle? Are they neat merch or on the cheaper, generic side of things?

So.....its not my profession, but I'm a certified yoga instructor. I'm more than happy to teach a class if you all wanna head over to POFQ in the morning! For free of course. :) Or even better, a post race recovery yoga after the parks close. Our legs will need the TLC after running and theme parking.
No cool merch included tho. I think the sunrise yoga classes include a mat, right? and maybe a water bottle? Are they neat merch or on the cheaper, generic side of things?
Cheap generic blue mat, and a relatively cheap rD branded bag. And it wasn’t a water bottle, just a mini bottle of water.

Are they still doing the charity/travel agent bibs? After running the springtime surprise weekend, I just decided I would like to do wine and dine weekend (preferably the half!) but it's sold out :(
Yes they are. I had luck emailing the orgs I was interested in and got a few offers. But with that said I know of maybe 3 or 4 that are taking registrations now. I am running for St. Jude. I know someone who is running for NDSS(National Down Syndrome Society).

I got back an email that "it is still in development". What a bunch of mental midgets.

Someone in this group had mentioned the lack of Sunrise Yoga for this year's W&D weekend. I was poking around some other threads and someone mentioned that the yoga for this year's Princess weekend wasn't added to the site for registration until a few weeks after race registration. So, for those wanting to do it there might still be hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter