• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will you attend your local Renaissance Fair this Summer or skip it due to COVID-19 worries?

My family is doing the same this year. We are hopeful that the pandemic will be over by next summer. All the fairs have YouTube channels and vloggers usually post some of the performances. So you can see the fairs that way as well. :-)
I know at least 3 people recently who had vacations cut short due to Covid. The pandemic is not over and probably never will be. We spent a day at the Annapolis MD renaissance festival last year, had a good time. It is very large and not possible to cover it all in one day.

Ours starts the end of this month and lasts until mid October so hoping to be able to go either on a Sunday during that time period or Labor Day.

Ours starts the end of this month and lasts until mid October so hoping to be able to go either on a Sunday during that time period or Labor Day.
So does my local one. I'm skipping this year do to Covid-19 risks still being a possibility, but hoping next year will be Covid-19 free once and for all.

We went to the Renaissance festival today. I have to give props to anyone in costume as it was high 90s or even might have gotten to 100.

I've only been to one Renaissance Faire in my entire life and I just can't bring myself to return. Between the heat, the dust, and the silly fake English accents, I just can't deal. :)
All part of what makes it fun. The weather varies depending on the season but you could always check out another one near by in the future or if you are in that area at the right time.

All part of what makes it fun. The weather varies depending on the season but you could always check out another one near by in the future or if you are in that area at the right time.
Very true, and thanks for the suggestions, but they may just not be my jam.

I will say this though, the people who take it seriously and make those insane getups are really devoted to their craft, especially to then wear said getups in blisteringly hot weather. At least the Disney characters get a break but Lady Faquaad in her heavy velvet corset endures it all day. Respect.

Very true, and thanks for the suggestions, but they may just not be my jam.

I will say this though, the people who take it seriously and make those insane getups are really devoted to their craft, especially to then wear said getups in blisteringly hot weather. At least the Disney characters get a break but Lady Faquaad in her heavy velvet corset endures it all day. Respect.
Every faire has a different story and vibe but I totally respect if it's just not your thing. Europe has great ones too but that's partly because they have most of the original Renaissance places hosting them and they take it much more seriously compared to our laid-back versions.

Every faire has a different story and vibe but I totally respect if it's just not your thing. Europe has great ones too but that's partly because they have most of the original Renaissance places hosting them and they take it much more seriously compared to our laid-back versions.
Ok, now when you're talking Europe, we're in a whole different ballgame. I will go to just about any festival in Europe for the reasons you stated above and much more, Hell, when I walk through the 14th century streets of my beloved Kraków, I FEEL like I'm in the Middle Ages.

Ok, now when you're talking Europe, we're in a whole different ballgame. I will go to just about any festival in Europe for the reasons you stated above and much more, Hell, when I walk through the 14th century streets of my beloved Kraków, I FEEL like I'm in the Middle Ages.
Can't argue with that one, but most Americans can't afford to travel to Europe, so we happily go to our local faires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter