• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will you attend your local Renaissance Fair this Summer or skip it due to COVID-19 worries?

That's what I'm saying, it's a mix-mash of plainclothes guests amongst folks who are dressed for the era.

There are no fairs near me, but I've met some people who belong to the Society for Creative Achronism, which is based around the Medieval era. They're more into reenactments but people are invited, so I guess it's sort of similar to ren fairs? They actually are skilled in crafts and practices of the time, and have a huge community, even weddings.

So do the Renaissance Fairs.

Because my husband has a heart condition we're still avoiding large crowds, so it's a no for us.
My family is doing the same this year. We are hopeful that the pandemic will be over by next summer. All the fairs have YouTube channels and vloggers usually post some of the performances. So you can see the fairs that way as well. :-)

I’m curious if any Disboarders that haven’t gone to a Renaissance fair yet, are you considering going to one this year?

I was very lucky to go to a Renaissance Fair when we got free tickets from going to a festival and when I went it was so amazing and my fair looked like something out of the Willow series that was on Disney+ and my fair had characters like knights and swordsmen and town criers and almost anything you can imagine and there was even shows like jousting matches and other things. I even got a real knight's ring too there when I was picked to be chosen in a knighting ceremony and I still have the ring with me today. And my dad and I ate turkey legs and gingerbread there too as well

I was very lucky to go to a Renaissance Fair when we got free tickets from going to a festival and when I went it was so amazing and my fair looked like something out of the Willow series that was on Disney+ and my fair had characters like knights and swordsmen and town criers and almost anything you can imagine and there was even shows like jousting matches and other things. I even got a real knight's ring too there when I was picked to be chosen in a knighting ceremony and I still have the ring with me today. And my dad and I ate turkey legs and gingerbread there too as well
This one?
https://renfair.com/socal/

Renaissance Fair newbies, what are you excited to see there for the first time in person?

This is the faire my oldest ds and dil always go to. They always dress up. I know one of her dresses is long hunter green and she has some kind of beaded hair ornaments. Ds looked like an archer minus the bow.
This year I saw he has a new king and crown costume but don’t know if he will actually wear that.

This is the faire my oldest ds and dil always go to. They always dress up. I know one of her dresses is long hunter green and she has some kind of beaded hair ornaments. Ds looked like an archer minus the bow.
This year I saw he has a new king and crown costume but don’t know if he will actually wear that.
Have you gone to one before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter