Will the Tuesday Show Return?

I agree any new name with Dis is basically pointless and will still be connected to the original. Don’t even bother to change the name if you still use Dis.

Even having a show on Tuesday is too much of same old same old. Unless someone can explain a valid reason why Tuesday is a critical Disney news day, IMO it just comes off as more of the same because it’s the way it’s always been done.

It seemed like Tuesday actually always just missed all the big announcements that would come just shortly after the show. I think it would be interesting to historically study what day/time Disney usually announces things and then time the show after that.
We are not throwing the baby out the with bathwater. It will be a rebrand with changes, but the DIS will remain. We’ve explored endless options with and without.

Good to rebrand - but part of that is new onscreen personalities
If you've been around, then you know that we've added a variety of personalities throughout the years. Many left or were ousted for reasons I'm not bringing up again. As soon as we're ready, we hope to introduce new personalities, preferably with some diversity.

Thank you, Corey, and the rest of the team. I'm very glad to hear the show will continue. I'm also glad to hear it will be rebranded as I think that's an important step in getting a fresh start and moving forward. Whenever you're all ready to relaunch, we'll be here. I hope it's soon as I miss hearing all of you but whatever works for the team is all that matters.

We are not throwing the baby out the with bathwater. It will be a rebrand with changes, but the DIS will remain. We’ve explored endless options with and without.
Well to be fair, I am more concerned about the actual change in the environment being less toxic. For me, the name change doesn’t really mean anything, it’s just optics.

But for the sake of this discussion my reaction is if you hold a show on a Tuesday at the same time with Dis still in the name for the casual fan it will still be that show with Pete.

I am sure to people HERE (following it closely), they understand the nuance of what’s happening but for a more causal fan you are going to get “where’s Pete?” for months/years.

That’s just my opinion, I guess we will see.

Well to be fair, I am more concerned about the actual change in the environment being less toxic. For me, the name change doesn’t really mean anything, it’s just optics.

But for the sake of this discussion my reaction is if you hold a show on a Tuesday at the same time with Dis still in the name for the casual fan it will still be that show with Pete.

I am sure to people HERE (following it closely), they understand the nuance of what’s happening but for a more causal fan you are going to get “where’s Pete?” for months/years.

That’s just my opinion, I guess we will see.
We won't be able to please everyone.

We're facing a situation where we're either changing too much or not enough, and that's the nature of the challenge before us. Some want the whole thing to burn to the ground, while others prefer we continue as is.

We are not a team of one; many of us have invested years and won't dismantle an entire brand based on one man's actions. We are in the process of making necessary adjustments through rebranding and reorganizing, but I am unwilling to start from the ground up, especially for a company that has been around for this long.

Casual listeners and watchers will either stay or leave. Pete doesn't own the Tuesday time slot, and the vast majority of the website visitors don’t even know who he is. There is only so much we can do to demonstrate our commitment to change without jeopardizing everything the team has worked hard to build.

He's gone. We are rebranding and working internally to ensure that such things never happen again.

We are not a team of one; many of us have invested years and won't dismantle an entire brand based on one man's actions. We are in the process of making necessary adjustments through rebranding and reorganizing, but I am unwilling to start from the ground up, especially for a company that has been around for this long.

Casual listeners and watchers will either stay or leave. Pete doesn't own the Tuesday time slot, and the vast majority of the website visitors don’t even know who he is. There is only so much we can do to demonstrate our commitment to change without jeopardizing everything the team has worked hard to build.

He's gone. We are rebranding and working internally to ensure that such things never happen again.
Well said, Corey. Again, thank you to all involved.

While I am glad that the "Tuesday show" will return in some form (I think you need a regularly scheduled "anchor" show as part of your overall content), I would hope that doesn't mean that whatever new name and format it becomes isn't necessarily married to Tuesday at 1pm. Almost any other day/time would probably allow for more viewers.
This part, I reckon most listeners are on the east coast and are at work during that time. It'd be nice to be able to listen and participate with the chatterati without having to "sneak" it in to my day.

If time permits, I would suggest doing the "Tuesday Show" during the early evening, like somewhere in the 4-7pm window.

While I am glad that the "Tuesday show" will return in some form (I think you need a regularly scheduled "anchor" show as part of your overall content), I would hope that doesn't mean that whatever new name and format it becomes isn't necessarily married to Tuesday at 1pm. Almost any other day/time would probably allow for more viewers.
Agreed. I’ve never watched live because I’m always working at that time!!

The 'unplugged' name was a bit archaic anyway, it seemed to channel a 1995 acoustic album CD. It's good to freshen things up. Just call it the DIS Roundtable. And please get rid of that very tired intro music and ancient text. Great in 2013, less so now.

If you've been around, then you know that we've added a variety of personalities throughout the years. Many left or were ousted for reasons I'm not bringing up again. As soon as we're ready, we hope to introduce new personalities, preferably with some diversity.
You already have universal fans, how much more diverse can you get :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter