Will the Attacks In Paris Make You Scared to Visit DLP?

Will the Attacks In Paris Make You Scared to Visit DLP?

• Yes I am cancelling my booked trip

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Yes I will not book a trip in the next few years

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • No I am not cancelling my trip, will continue as planned

Votes: 51 60.0%
  • No I will book a trip in the next few years

Votes: 28 32.9%

• Total voters
i haven't got a trip planned but if I did I would still go unless advised it wasn't safe to do so. I still visit London even though it has been targeted and if it was to happen again I know I would be sent to help through my work, unfortunately it's a part of life at the moment and can happen anywhere.

I say don't give into the terrorists as then they have achieved what they set out to do

Hope all of you who are going in next few days and weeks have minimal disruption to your travel plans and enjoy a great stay in DLP. :thumbsup2 It is much much braver to go so close to such events even though it may actually be safer than ever because of increased security.

I agree BadPinkTink though I have been reading on facebook that Disney has had characters and CMs in hotels today to entertain families. Hopefully they will still have had a good day in spite of the closure of the park. :goodvibes

Not only am I not cancelling our January trip but I rang today and booked for Catherine and I to go in May. :cool1: I had a lovely CM on the phone and I was sympathising with her and she said she was so pleased people were still making bookings today. :grouphug:

Maybe it's me, just looking at this thread, and I'm shaking my head. 100's dead, more injured, some still unsure of fate of loved ones, and we are wishing people a good trip, and hoping people have a good day despite the parks being closed? The country's borders are closed, they have declared 3 days of national mourning, there is still an unknown threat of other terrorists. I don't know I'm not sure the CM's are so concerned that Good ole Americans are making reservations.

We are booked to go in under 4 weeks time, and again in May 2016 the thought of cancelling had not even crossed our minds.

:lovestruc I still plan to go next year to celebrate my 50th birthday & hopefully many times after that. Will go ahead unless the UK foreign office advises against travel to France. I love Disneyland Paris and always will. It is my favourite MK & Disney castle out of the 3 l have visited. My family has one of the personalised paving stones at Fantasia Gardens in front of the DLH, a little bit of my heart is always in DLP so to speak. :lovestruc

My thoughts are with all those affected. Life is precious. :lovestruc

I am seeing on another Disney forum people are now afraid to visit Disneyland Paris and some people are cancelling their trip booked for February 2016.

I am also booked for February 2016 but I will not cancel and will continue my plans

While I understand that today Disneyland Paris is closed, these attacks do not put me off visiting Paris or Disneyland. To me thats part of what they want, to disrupt normal life , not just in the immediate but in the future. Even if I was booked for this week, I would still continue with my plans, and unless the airports were closed or Disneyland Paris closed, I would not cancel my trip.

I guess everyone handles fear differently. Not everyone is strong enough to walk this path.

I have read on trip advisor of people cancelling and read of the flack given to them and my opinion - No one should be singled out or ridiculed because they choose to keep their family home safe. It is their choice. At the end of the day, they are the ones who have to live with their decision to stay or go.

I've lived with the threat of terrorist attacks on a daily basis for most of my live.

Most people who have lived in country's effected by terrorism have too.

Life goes on, statistically my wife and I are more likely to be killed crossing the road to St Pancrass International train station than being caught up in a terrorist attack while on holiday at DLP.

You won't get me going on holiday to Egypt, Turkey, Tunisia or the USA at the moment but at DLP we feel safe.

DLP are going out of there way by giving no questions asked refunds or re-scheduling people's bookings. Which under the circumstances is fantastic.

At the end of the day it's a personal choice if people want to cancel or postpone their holiday - it's up to them.

Everyone has the right to make the decision which is right for them and their family, and no one has the right to criticise their decision.

Maybe it's me, just looking at this thread, and I'm shaking my head. 100's dead, more injured, some still unsure of fate of loved ones, and we are wishing people a good trip, and hoping people have a good day despite the parks being closed? The country's borders are closed, they have declared 3 days of national mourning, there is still an unknown threat of other terrorists. I don't know I'm not sure the CM's are so concerned that Good ole Americans are making reservations.

I'm sure you didn't intend to imply that people who are planning to go ahead with their trips are less caring than those who are cancelling?

Of course I am deeply upset when this or any other similar (and there have been all too many) tragedies occur but I honestly believe that for me the most helpful thing I can do is to continue with my plans so long as it is safe to do so. That way I am supporting the attacked area economically and not the terrorists whose very aim is that people are afraid and cancel their plans.

I do not judge anyone who feels they need to cancel either - we are all different and are all entitled to make our own personal decisions for ourselves and our families. It wouldn't occur to me to have a view on what another family should or shouldn't do with regards to their trip.

I do believe that for anyone who has made the decision to continue with their planned trip that it is not in any way disrespectful to the dead or injured for those people to enjoy their holiday.

And having spoken to a CM yesterday I can confirm that at least one has said she is pleased that people are continuing to book holidays. I doubt she expects them to book then walk around Disney all day with sad faces - I know I wouldn't.

And not all of us are good ole Americans either.

Last edited:
Maybe it's me, just looking at this thread, and I'm shaking my head. 100's dead, more injured, some still unsure of fate of loved ones, and we are wishing people a good trip, and hoping people have a good day despite the parks being closed? The country's borders are closed, they have declared 3 days of national mourning, there is still an unknown threat of other terrorists.

I'm sure you didn't intend to imply that people who are planning to go ahead with their trips are less caring than those who are cancelling?

Nowhere did I imply about less caring if anyone continues with their trip. If you think I was implying that with bodies still being identified, that wishing vacationers in a country that is in the middle of 3 days of national mourning, are not inconvienced and hoping that they still had a good day at the Disney hotels may seem insensitive you would be correct.

The country's borders are closed,

INCORRECT
France is part of the Schengen Agreement , which allows free movement between member countries. What is happening, is that the Schengen Agreement is being temporarily suspended. This means that at the French border, instead of the traffic flowing freely on the motorway, the traffic will be stopped and people will have to show passport or ID

INCORRECT
France is part of the Schengen Agreement , which allows free movement between member countries. What is happening, is that the Schengen Agreement is being temporarily suspended. This means that at the French border, instead of the traffic flowing freely on the motorway, the traffic will be stopped and people will have to show passport or ID

Missing the point on my comment. By the way most news organizations announced the "suspension" as borders being closed, for this conversation, it is irrelevant.

Nowhere did I imply about less caring if anyone continues with their trip. If you think I was implying that with bodies still being identified, that wishing vacationers in a country that is in the middle of 3 days of national mourning, are not inconvienced and hoping that they still had a good day at the Disney hotels may seem insensitive you would be correct.

Well, to be honest it doesn't really matter what you think. What matters is that Disney want people to have a good time in their hotels this week. So much so that facebook is full of photos of characters in the DLP hotels entertaining guests. Good ole insensitive Disney.

I guess everyone handles fear differently. Not everyone is strong enough to walk this path.

I have read on trip advisor of people cancelling and read of the flack given to them and my opinion - No one should be singled out or ridiculed because they choose to keep their family home safe. It is their choice. At the end of the day, they are the ones who have to live with their decision to stay or go.

I am on trip advisor all the time and not once did I see anyone get abuse because they said they were cancelling. Everyone on that forum was actually very supportive of other's thoughts and opinions.

No I wouldn't but it's because I believe they already got their "target"... Their not going to go back again. It will be another place now... But that's just my thoughts...

We go tomorrow!! Planning to still go , but I'm not sure what to think. I'm going with my daughter who is 18 and she is adamant she still wants to go. Its easy to say I wouldn't go if you have no plans, but when you have a booking it makes you think why should we be forced to change our plans?.

We are on our way now, we drive from aberdeen and have 2 stops on the way down to arrive there on Monday. Scared yes. Cancel because of these extremists no chance. That's exactly what they want.

Hope you both got to DLP safely.

Well, to be honest it doesn't really matter what you think. What matters is that Disney want people to have a good time in their hotels this week. So much so that facebook is full of photos of characters in the DLP hotels entertaining guests. Good ole insensitive Disney.

Nor does it matter what you think. In my first post in this thread I stated "maybe it's just me", and that's fine. It very well could be that I am not communicating my thoughts clearly, but as you already said it doesn't matter what I think. At no point did I say anything about Disney being insensitive, in fact I would imagine Disney would do an excellent job, BUT again that was never an issue I mentioned. Missing the point on my comment.

I don't have a trip planned anytime soon, but I've thought where would I want to go for my 40th in 2018 and have thought about London and/or Paris. Personally, I feel safer in any Disney Park than I am in my quiet neighborhood in Baltimore, MD (Hit 300 murders yesterday). I can go to Washington, DC in 45 minutes and face the possibility of terror attack because it is a World Capital. You have to live smartly (Will never go to Isreal for example), but you shouldn't live in fear.

I am on trip advisor all the time and not once did I see anyone get abuse because they said they were cancelling. Everyone on that forum was actually very supportive of other's thoughts and opinions.

Uhm I never said "abused" I said they copped flack and they did, many post have been deleted now anyways, so hard to point them out. Was in both the Trip advisor Disneyland Paris and Trip Advisor Paris forums.

Guess you must have read the good replies and not the others that were giving flack.

Quite agree Thorsten, it needs no comment, it speaks for itself.

Now let's keep this thread on the topic of the poll - this is not the place to criticise people or judge their decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter