Will Disney Soon Be Moving To Regular Capacity?

Interesting. I kind of think you’re right, but they did test some fireworks last week.
That was a test of some of the new elements of Harmonius, which isn’t supposed to debut until next year anyway. They’re just building the barges right now and most likely needed to test something. Tests do happen quite frequently.

Ive heard more stories about issues at Disney than Universal.

To be fair, that doesn’t paint any sort of picture. If Universal ditched the masks altogether and Disney kept their mandate in place, if there was an issue of non compliance at Disney you’d hear about it before its ever mentioned by the media that Universal isn’t even mandating masks anymore. CMs/TMs will tell you that all non Disney amusement parks in central Florida typically fly under the radar because of Disney.

There’s no statistical way to prove one has been better than the other, from my experience there was far less compliance at Universal parks than Disney parks. But City Walk was better than Disney Springs. Its really a he said she said battle between Universal fans and Disney fans. Unless theres someone that has no bias whatsoever, theres really no one on a Disney or Universal forum you could trust to not wear the goggles of their favorite park enough to say which one was truly better.

Its also a stupid competition. Neither have been perfect, both have room to improve.

Would you be flying or driving? If you have a car, would you have to stop for gas, restroom, or food? If flying, masks may not be required in the airport. If taking MDE back, you may be sitting in the airport for hours. There was a lot of iffiness when we drove in July from Texas and that was with greater state and local restrictions.
I stop for gas, get food and use public restrooms all the time just doing every day life. Why is this such a concern for so many people? I’ve heard it a lot. You get the virus from breathing the same air as people for an extended period of time. Surface contamination is of minimal risk, but it is easily eliminated by washing your hands. As an extra step I use hand sanitizer upon returning to the car.

I would be more concerned flying for the reasons you mention, having to sit in the airport for hours is not preferable.

I'd be more worried about safety at Universal than Disney.

Having been to both Universal and Disney a few times since late June I have to say I feel confident in both based on my visits. In fact given the challenges of food and drink access the park experience is probably better at Universal (but Disney still wins on the magic)

If the crowds I’m seeing on YouTube is any indication either park capacity has increased dramatically or the resort occupancy rate has. I saw a 70 minute wait for pirates and space mtn. during the week. If this is the case it may be time for the return of Fastpass.

the problem is if they add Fastpass but don't add more things for people to do while waiting for their fastpass time to come then all it does is shift people around to the same lines and now the standby lines are even longer - so now you have a 10 min wait for the ride you have a FP for and then a 130 min wait for the ride you don't instead of 70 mins for each ride

Now they have announced they are bringing back the Frozen Singalong and a few other small things - but I think they need more of that (especially at DHS) and more expanded hours before they think of bringing FP back

I stop for gas, get food and use public restrooms all the time just doing every day life. Why is this such a concern for so many people? I’ve heard it a lot. You get the virus from breathing the same air as people for an extended period of time. Surface contamination is of minimal risk, but it is easily eliminated by washing your hands. As an extra step I use hand sanitizer upon returning to the car.

I would be more concerned flying for the reasons you mention, having to sit in the airport for hours is not preferable.

I was concerned about road tripping back in June when we did it for the first time during the pandemic. Now? Not worried about it as much. If I was hanging out in rest area bathrooms for more than 15 minutes I have bigger problems to worry about. :)

Does anyone really know? Has someone with authority inside the WDW organization said "no" or "yes" to increased park capacity? If not, we have many guesses and conjecture based on personal inference. The situation at hand is so fluid and ever changing. Yet, I so look forward to a return of normalcy (at some level) if that is possible with all that has occured in 2020 at WDW and in life in general.

I'm not very concerned about contact. I am concerned about some of the places where I had to wait in line with people, either for the restroom or the registers, for 15+ minutes who did not have masks. 15 minutes is the time used when they suggest you quarantine for potential exposure to the infected. People coughing and yelling across the store for their families. Many times I would be the only person in the place with a mask, and they would be packed. Maybe we should have picked better places, but when the gas tank cries and the bladder screams, who have to find something in the middle of the boonies. I got so freaked about the maskless at one point that I didn't drink enough water, so that I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom. I have existing colon issues that hadn't been a problem in years. They flared up, and I am still paying the price from the July trip. This is my fault, no one else's. I agree about flying; that's why we drive. At least the majority of people flying are wearing masks. Also, we drive and have TSA Precheck, so we would be spending the minimum amount of time in the airport possible. We will be flying for our November trip, because we just don't have the time to drive it.

I'm ready for 100% capacity, buffets, and bumping up against people all the time during parades and fireworks.
I know 100% of the people are not ready for those experiences and I know the executives at Disney know this as well. I believe it will be at least another 12 months before you see Disney at 100% capacity.

It is not a case of open it and they will come.

I must be missing something. Isn’t Florida at 700000 cases? They are adding close to 2-3000 cases a day? 14000 have died?

I must be missing something. Isn’t Florida at 700000 cases? They are adding close to 2-3000 cases a day? 14000 have died?

700,000 have had positive tests for Covid since March. This does not mean there are 700,000 people currently walking around with it. Yes, there are 2,000 - 3,000 new tests per day. However, due to the nature of the PCR tests, it’s hard to determine who’s actively infected and contagious.

14,000 deaths and rising. A vast majority of these deaths happened in July and August. There is a considerable backlog so expect this number to rise.

If you are concerned, don’t come. Wait until this passes.

I'm not very concerned about contact. I am concerned about some of the places where I had to wait in line with people, either for the restroom or the registers, for 15+ minutes who did not have masks. 15 minutes is the time used when they suggest you quarantine for potential exposure to the infected. People coughing and yelling across the store for their families. Many times I would be the only person in the place with a mask, and they would be packed. Maybe we should have picked better places, but when the gas tank cries and the bladder screams, who have to find something in the middle of the boonies. I got so freaked about the maskless at one point that I didn't drink enough water, so that I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom. I have existing colon issues that hadn't been a problem in years. They flared up, and I am still paying the price from the July trip. This is my fault, no one else's. I agree about flying; that's why we drive. At least the majority of people flying are wearing masks. Also, we drive and have TSA Precheck, so we would be spending the minimum amount of time in the airport possible. We will be flying for our November trip, because we just don't have the time to drive it.
That makes more sense. We are lucky most of our route is on interstates with plenty of gas and fast food choices. When we made the drive in January most of the restaurants were pretty empty with minimal wait or we used the drive thru. Although we will have to plan a little more carefully since McDonald’s lobby’s are still closed. Not sure how many other fast food restaurants will be like that.

700,000 have had positive tests for Covid since March. This does not mean there are 700,000 people currently walking around with it. Yes, there are 2,000 - 3,000 new tests per day. However, due to the nature of the PCR tests, it’s hard to determine who’s actively infected and contagious.

14,000 deaths and rising. A vast majority of these deaths happened in July and August. There is a considerable backlog so expect this number to rise.

I am tired of the you don't like it don't come attitude. IMO that attitude is why we are in the situation we are in now. I get it people are tired and just want to get on with life. Being nonchalant about it doesn't help.

I’m from Ohio and we’ve been pretty stagnant around 1000 cases a day all summer and even now. We have half the population of Florida. So 2,000 cases a day in Florida is of little concern. Especially like you said a lot of them are just picked up due to how PCR tests are. Lot of positives currently are college students with no symptoms who probably aren’t even contagious. Hospitilizations is the metric to watch and it’s still dropping last I checked.

I am tired of the you don't like it don't come attitude. IMO that attitude is why we are in the situation we are in now. I get it people are tired and just want to get on with life. Being nonchalant about it doesn't help.

I understand what you mean, but I think it's more about common sense than being nonchalant right now. Trust me I am with you and agree with your post. I just see @Pyotr 's post differently.

I don’t know what to tell you. The numbers are the reality of Florida right now. Complaining about it on a Disney forum isn’t going to change anything.

I’m from Ohio and we’ve been pretty stagnant around 1000 cases a day all summer and even now. We have half the population of Florida. So 2,000 cases a day in Florida is of little concern. Especially like you said a lot of them are just picked up due to how PCR tests are. Lot of positives currently are college students with no symptoms who probably aren’t even contagious. Hospitilizations is the metric to watch and it’s still dropping last I checked.

Hospitalization has been dropping. Which is a good thing. We shall see how things shake out with the move to Phase 3. A vast majority of people who had it that I personally know tested positive in late June and July.

I was just on live Fla Dept of health for Our county in September fla. Numbers are down and have been for hospitalizations which is good news. With the restrictions just eased by Gov DeSantis .. I think we ll need to see How our county fares. Some of Our kids are back in school, bused and so far we re Not hearing negative stories. 🙏🏻It stays that way.

I was just on live Fla Dept of health for Our county in September fla. Numbers are down and have been for hospitalizations which is good news. With the restrictions just eased by Gov DeSantis .. I think we ll need to see How our county fares. Some of Our kids are back in school, bused and so far we re Not hearing negative stories. 🙏🏻It stays that way.

I think with all of it we have to wait and see what happens. Personally it is concerning and if I had a trip scheduled within the next ~month I wouldlikley cancel ... But "concern" doesn't mean it absolutely will become a disaster

I know people who have died from Covid, several members of my team at work (who are all younger and healthier than me) we hospitalized for weeks from it, I am of the "better safe than sorry" so glad my area is taking it slow ... But only time will tell what the impact will be

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter