Will Disney Soon Be Moving To Regular Capacity?

Yes, but they did cancel the marathon, etc. before this announcement. I'm a bit concerned about my Universal trip in October. The whole point, to me, was to go during lower crowds right now, but if theme parks shoot back up to "normal," it feels iffy.

It's 2020, so I'm not betting on anything anymore...

Although you should probably define "soon" - b/c Christmas week is probably different than random non-holiday November week which is different than next week:)...

Half the resorts are closed, so they need people to come and fill them. It wouldn’t make sense to just open them all, same with the parks. They have to look at what capacity they can make money at with the number of people who will come, A lot of out of state and international do not want to travel, or can’t.

Yes, but they did cancel the marathon, etc. before this announcement. I'm a bit concerned about my Universal trip in October. The whole point, to me, was to go during lower crowds right now, but if theme parks shoot back up to "normal," it feels iffy.
Disney was not caught off guard by this announcement. Disney needed the states approval to reopen, but that’s all they’re going to look for from the state. Disney will not change anything just because the state says they can.

They are not increasing capacity as of last week. I asked cast member when booking our short trip in November if they are increasing capacity from our July trip. The cast member said the capacity level is the same as July. More people may be there in the fall, but I'm assuming in July they just didn't meet their capacity levels in July. It was empty when we went.

If I was out of state I would be saying that as well. But coming from Florida, I will gladly now go to the Disney bubble rather than going out anywhere else near home with maskless people.

Yeah, almost feels like the change is the opposite of what Disney wants - they want to maximize people traveling to Disney to stay in their hotels, etc vs locals

Well, I would have no qualms about going to Disney from out of state.

I know they aren't changing anything and I dont go out of the bubble, so I'm not worried.

Would you be flying or driving? If you have a car, would you have to stop for gas, restroom, or food? If flying, masks may not be required in the airport. If taking MDE back, you may be sitting in the airport for hours. There was a lot of iffiness when we drove in July from Texas and that was with greater state and local restrictions.

Would you be flying or driving? If you have a car, would you have to stop for gas, restroom, or food? If flying, masks may not be required in the airport. If taking MDE back, you may be sitting in the airport for hours. There was a lot of iffiness when we drove in July from Texas and that was with greater state and local restrictions.

Flying.

I'm not nervous to walk through airport even if others don't have on masks.

I'm just not one of those people that are nervous to travel right now and that's not wrong or right. It just is.

Now we aren't, but thats not due to pandemic.

I wouldn't worry if I were driving since you wouldn't be exposed to anyone for an extended period of time. If they didn't mandate masks in the airport, that would be a huge concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!