Will DISNEY have to Guarantee admission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it will actually end up being 25%. 50% is way too high.

As for guaranteeing entry, well if they do temperature checking its difficult to see how they could guarantee you admission if you fail the temperature check. I suppose they could perhaps refund in that situation but then how would that work with AP guests? Its gonna get messy.

Hopefully it will actually end up being 25%. 50% is way too high.

As for guaranteeing entry, well if they do temperature checking its difficult to see how they could guarantee you admission if you fail the temperature check. I suppose they could perhaps refund in that situation but then how would that work with AP guests? Its gonna get messy.

Yup - the 50% is the state mandated number for phase 1 - Disney can go with 25% or 30% to start
That also gives them headroom to handle APs and park hoppers etc..
Be interested how park hoppers will work if they close Epcot for an extended period.

Yup - the 50% is the state mandated number for phase 1 - Disney can go with 25% or 30% to start
Be interested how park hoppers will work if they close Epcot for an extended period.
25% is the mandate for Phase 1 not 50%.

The governor has also stated it is up to Disney/Universal/etc for exactly how they handle this - so even if the guideline is 50% they don't need to follow it

Everything I have seen says 50%

"The Florida task force guidelines call for reducing attendance by 50% in Phase 1 of reopening theme parks with capacity allowed to increase to 75% in Phase 2. No specific timeline has been established for the individual phases. "

Everything I have seen says 50%

"The Florida task force guidelines call for reducing attendance by 50% in Phase 1 of reopening theme parks with capacity allowed to increase to 75% in Phase 2. No specific timeline has been established for the individual phases. "
The task force recommended 50%. The governors went with 25.

The task force recommended 50%. The governors went with 25.
Have not seen that - other than shops and restaurants - thanks
That a much more difficult number to work with

Going to Disney at 25% capacity would be quite the experience - but not sure how much would be running.
Gives them very little wiggle room

Last edited:
Have not seen that - other than shops and restaurants - thanks
That a much more difficult number to work with

Going to Disney at 25% capacity would be quite the experience - but not sure how much would be running.
Gives them very little wiggle room
he announced this on Wednesday. We start reopening on Monday https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...-phase-1-of-gov-desantis-plan-to-reopen-state
The Gov also said each phase will be weeks but he's not sticking to a certain date and will move forward depending on the numbers. The entire business community is not happy about the 25% because basically most would not be able to open with that low margin to make any type of profit, some are deciding to stay closed.
Disney will probably open in June when, hopefully, we will be to a phase 3. but like others have said, the Gov and the Mayor of Orlando are giving the theme parks free reign to decide for themselves, so they could just open back up on Monday (the are not obviously)

I first thought of this when there was that massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and resorts lamented the loss of customers even though their beach was unblemished.

"Don't like what you see? Check out; go home; go elsewhere and receive a pro-rated refund of the unused portion."

Would Disney offer that to package guests who couldn't get into the theme parks even when arriving just after the horde of rope droppers and other early birds?

I first thought of this when there was that massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and resorts lamented the loss of customers even though their beach was unblemished.

"Don't like what you see? Check out; go home; go elsewhere and receive a pro-rated refund of the unused portion."

Would Disney offer that to package guests who couldn't get into the theme parks even when arriving just after the horde of rope droppers and other early birds?
Disney already promises resort guests entry into a park, regardless of when they choose to arrive. They have preference over every group of visitors. But that doesn’t mean they are guaranteed entry, period. No one is. I don’t expect that long standing policy to change.

I thought the 25% was only mentioned for retail and restaurants, not specifically for theme parks where disney and universal have been told they can come up with their own rules anyway?

Think it's been well-covered that technically Disney doesn't have to guarantee entry to anyone, and has proven with their phased closure approach in the past that they prefer entry to resort guests, but at a certain point even they're not guaranteed (Phase 4 closure...)

Question then is, which I think the OP was getting at, is establishing confidence with guests that they will get in if they spend $$$ on resort reservations. I think someone in another thread did the math the other day and established that the parks should be able to fit all resort guests even at limited capacity.

Problem becomes balancing between parks at that point...

Between economic concerns and the fact that folks are going to be too freaked out for this type of vacation for awhile, I think they're going to be operating well below even diminished capacity for awhile. Which, might not be a bad thing in the long run. It'll allow the company and the boots on the ground Cast Members to field test any safety measures that are implemented. (I've been a security professional my entire adult life and WDW's security setup has always fascinated me. I'm intrigued to see how this will be managed.)

It's all just "Smoke and Mirrors" anyway. 25% 50% or 75% of what...that means absolutely nothing! Unless they use actual numbers, they are just fooling the public. If they said they would only allow 10,000 people (or whatever real #) in the parks per day, that might tell us something useful. I think using language that purposely misleads Families into believing they are safe is just plain shameful.

It's all just "Smoke and Mirrors" anyway. 25% 50% or 75% of what...that means absolutely nothing! Unless they use actual numbers, they are just fooling the public. If they said they would only allow 10,000 people (or whatever real #) in the parks per day, that might tell us something useful. I think using language that purposely misleads Families into believing they are safe is just plain shameful.
Im not sure what the confusion is. It’s percentage of maximum capacity of a given park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter