Will DISNEY have to Guarantee admission

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the parks. Before guest spend all the money to fly and stay at a hotel. Disney must guarantee park admission before I spend thousands to go there. I would not be happy to be told. You can not get into the parks.
I don't think you'll have to worry about that. 50% capacity would be much more than the number of potential on-site guests if all rooms were occupied which won't likely be the case.

50% capacity would be glorious. I, too, am wondering how that will work.

I wasn't planning to go until 2021, but I'm seriously considering a Sept 2020 trip now...

To the parks. Before guest spend all the money to fly and stay at a hotel. Disney must guarantee park admission before I spend thousands to go there. I would not be happy to be told. You can not get into the parks.

How does this work when the parks reach capacity during the holidays?

50% capacity would be glorious. I, too, am wondering how that will work.

I wasn't planning to go until 2021, but I'm seriously considering a Sept 2020 trip now...
An average day at Disney World is 65% capacity. 50% capacity wouldn't be as small of crowds as you might think. However, I do think that crowds will end up naturally being quite a bit below 50% even without any rule in place. People are going to be hesitant to get on planes, some people may not want to pay the money for only part of the Disney experience, and international guests probably won't be able to come to Disney World for a while.

Disney clearly states they don't have to guarantee entry to the parks, read the rules right here
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200501-164016_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200501-164016_Samsung Internet.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 78
They don’t ever guarantee anything. But I’m confident that if they’re booking the resorts, resort guests will be the last to be denied entry. Under the old rules you were promised entry into A park, but that’s in regards to closures due to capacity. They always allow themselves the possibility parks won’t be open for whatever reason.

Some of you are probably way underestimating how many people "50% capacity" is. It's not half of what you're used to. It's half of New Years Eve. We don't know the actual capacity of MK but it's rumored around 100k after the NFL expansion. So 50% would still be 50k people. That's a baseline number they use in differentiating between a normal or a busy day at the TTC. If Disney thinks there will be more than 50k people there that day, they set up an extended queue for the monorail. Before closures, 50k was an almost daily thing, though not quite. I expect them to not have to worry about reaching 50% capacity for a while, but if they did it would feel like a very crowded day, especially with new social distancing procedures.

No, I fully realize 50% capacity isn’t low crowds. I just expect lots of people won’t want to come at first, especially if they cut back on the experience.

No, I fully realize 50% capacity isn’t low crowds. I just expect lots of people won’t want to come at first, especially if they cut back on the experience.

I was speaking more to the people who are worried about being denied admission to the parks. I agree, I don't think we have to worry about that, and half capacity would still not be lower than many days at the MK.

I don't see them "guaranteeing" entry. I doubt they would even need to. I severely doubt that 50% number will be a hard ceiling. My guess is that the fear of this virus will mean they never have to worry about 50% capaicty anyway for months and the inevitable economic recession coming will keep tourism down for a long time afterward. Disney may have to come up with creative ways to encourage guests to come for a while, just like they did after 9/11.

I don't see them "guaranteeing" entry. I doubt they would even need to. I severely doubt that 50% number will be a hard ceiling. My guess is that the fear of this virus will mean they never have to worry about 50% capaicty anyway for months and the inevitable economic recession coming will keep tourism down for a long time afterward. Disney may have to come up with creative ways to encourage guests to come for a while, just like they did after 9/11.
That all depends on how many parks they have open. If only one, they very well could be near 50%

I would not be upset if they brought year of a million dreams back

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!