• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will bell services help lift heavy scooter parts?

Ahsoka45

Earning My Ears
Due to having surgery one month before my WDW visit to see my teen's band march in the MK parade, I won't be able to lift anything heavy. I will need an ECV to go to AK and MK. I will be alone and won't be able to lift the heaviest ECV part into my car, and I'm changing hotels from Coronado to the Contemporary the morning of my MK visit. I plan on using an accessible Minnie van to get to and from AK so I don't have to lift the ECV. I will need to transport the ECV in my car to the Contemporary. Will bell services at Coronado and the Contemporary lift the ECV parts into my car for me? Or do I chance renting an ECV at AK, then having an ECV delivered at the Contemporary the morning of my MK visit?

Due to having surgery one month before my WDW visit to see my teen's band march in the MK parade, I won't be able to lift anything heavy. I will need an ECV to go to AK and MK. I will be alone and won't be able to lift the heaviest ECV part into my car, and I'm changing hotels from Coronado to the Contemporary the morning of my MK visit. I plan on using an accessible Minnie van to get to and from AK so I don't have to lift the ECV. I will need to transport the ECV in my car to the Contemporary. Will bell services at Coronado and the Contemporary lift the ECV parts into my car for me? Or do I chance renting an ECV at AK, then having an ECV delivered at the Contemporary the morning of my MK visit?
Disney got back to me and said bell services cannot lift ECV parts for me.

It can happen but not sure if you can count on it. We’ve never asked (so maybe that makes the difference), but probably 2 out of 20 where bell services stepped in to help. Again, we never asked but often there were attendants who watched and did not approach. Kind of gave me the feeling this is out of their duties, possibly for safety reasons and only if they feel confident to help. The 2 that stepped in were young men in their 20s very good physical shape.

My advice is to try asking, with a back-up plan. If they cannot, then maybe check ECV into bell services, go checkin at Contemporary, then uber back to Coronado, get the ECV and take bus to MK?

How early will you get to the Animal Kingdom? If you will be there before park open I would rent an ecv there and have the other one delivered to the Contemporary.
That's what I'm leaning toward doing at this point. I've read the ECVs at the parks are cumbersome compared to the 3 wheelers that are rented off-site. I think due to logistics, though, it's going to be easier to just get to AK early and get one there, then rent a 3 wheeler just for MK. I'll be at AK on Sunday November 5th, so maybe it won't be too crowded.

Can you take the bus to Contemporary, ask Bell Services to watch the scooter, then go to MK via monorail, grab the Coronado bus, then drive back to Contemporary?

That's what I'm leaning toward doing at this point. I've read the ECVs at the parks are cumbersome compared to the 3 wheelers that are rented off-site. I think due to logistics, though, it's going to be easier to just get to AK early and get one there, then rent a 3 wheeler just for MK. I'll be at AK on Sunday November 5th, so maybe it won't be too crowded.

Disney has recently replaced the scooters at the parks. They are more like the off site ones now.

Can you take the bus to Contemporary, ask Bell Services to watch the scooter, then go to MK via monorail, grab the Coronado bus, then drive back to Contemporary?

Honestly, she could probably just plug it in somewhere for the time she needs to go get her car.

The heaviest part of a disassembled Pride Go Go ECV weights about 42 lbs. The maximum weight for checked luggage, most airlines, is 50 pounds. A case of water can weight 40 lbs. Valet and Bellhops are compensated with tips. You do the math.

You want an empty trunk. Goldmobility says don't stack the pieces. Rearranging the pieces around other stuff is a PITA. Make sure your luggage can fit in the back seat or let Disney transfer your luggage. Gold has great videos on their site. Watch it. Skip the rear basket.

My, limited experience going from PBH to Dolphin. I was using a car service. I started to disassemble the scooter. A bellhop came over to take over before I even got the seat off. He brought over another bellhop so he could show him how it's done. The driver told a bellhop, as we were pulling up to the Dolphin that we have a scooter. The scooter was assembled as fast as it was unloaded. The person assembling it was showing a couple of other bellhops how it's done.

I bought an I-Go scooter and brought it last trip. I used Lyft XL. Bell services had me show them how the scooter is taken apart and folded.

Conclusion. You'll be 100% Ok if you can disassemble the scooter. Loading the pieces in your trunk is not that much different then loading luggage. I think there is at least a 99% chance a bellhop, or fellow guest, will help you disassemble it. Watch the video. Have it bookmarked on your phone.

Worse case scenario. Have Disney ship your luggage. Leave your car at CSR. At some point in your trip take a Lyyft no scooter, from the Contemporary to CSR. Drive back to the Contemporary. Make sure you valet your car. If that's no possible have the Lyft driver take you to your car, assuming the distance isn't walkable.

Last edited:
When DH needs assistance with lifting, which is not often, but we all know some days are better than others (anywhere, not just Disney), he can usually find someone nearby that is more than willing to help him lift, in fact most of the time someone will see him putting it in the car (on a good day) and offer to help. It just generally won't be cast members or employees of wherever he is at.

Interesting story, one time when we were driving our CMAX Energi (which he always needs help to get it into), one guy offered to help and lifted the entire Victory 10.2 (minus the seat and basket) into the car like it weighed no more than a feather. That one was impressive.

The heaviest part of a disassembled Pride Go Go ECV weights about 42 lbs. The maximum weight for checked luggage, most airlines, is 50 pounds. A case of water can weight 40 lbs. Valet and Bellhops are compensated with tips. You do the math.

You want an empty trunk. Goldmobility says don't stack the pieces. Rearranging the pieces around other stuff is a PITA. Make sure your luggage can fit in the back seat or let Disney transfer your luggage. Gold has great videos on their site. Watch it. Skip the rear basket.

My, limited experience going from PBH to Dolphin. I was using a car service. I started to disassemble the scooter. A bellhop came over to take over before I even got the seat off. He brought over another bellhop so he could show him how it's done. The driver told a bellhop, as we were pulling up to the Dolphin that we have a scooter. The scooter was assembled as fast as it was unloaded. The person assembling it was showing a couple of other bellhops how it's done.

I bought an I-Go scooter and brought it last trip. I used Lyft XL. Bell services had me show them how the scooter is taken apart and folded.

Conclusion. You'll be 100% Ok if you can disassemble the scooter. Loading the pieces in your trunk is not that much different then loading luggage. I think there is at least a 99% chance a bellhop, or fellow guest, will help you disassemble it. Watch the video. Have it bookmarked on your phone.

Worse case scenario. Have Disney ship your luggage. Leave your car at CSR. At some point in your trip take a Lyyft no scooter, from the Contemporary to CSR. Drive back to the Contemporary. Make sure you valet your car. If that's no possible have the Lyft driver take you to your car, assuming the distance isn't walkable.
There are accessible Minnie Vans and before COVID the rice was very similar to a Lyft. They only go on property, but still quite helpful

There are accessible Minnie Vans and before COVID the rice was very similar to a Lyft. They only go on property, but still quite helpful

OP mentioned MV in the first post. The price is significantly higher then a regular Lyft. Mears has accessible taxis. Same price as a regular taxi.

The OP is trying to move his car and scooter from CSR to the Contemporary. One option discussed is to move his car then ride share back to CSR, get his scooter then Disney transportation to a park. AFAIK accessible MV won't tow his car nor will they transfer his ECV without a pax in the van. I don't see how accessible MV will help.

Your point?

Edited to add Sorry but I don’t understand the point you're making. MV pricing is much more expensive then regular Lyft and Mears taxi. MV pricing went up when they switched to distance based pricing, before COVID-19

Last edited:
OP mentioned MV in the first post. The price is significantly higher then a regular Lyft. Mears has accessible taxis. Same price as a regular taxi.

The OP is trying to move his car and scooter from CSR to the Contemporary. One option discussed is to move his car then ride share back to CSR, get his scooter then Disney transportation to a park. AFAIK accessible MV won't tow his car nor will they transfer his ECV without a pax in the van. I don't see how accessible MV will help.

Your point?
This is out of line.

I haven't the slightest idea what point the poster I quoted was making.
Your post wasn't helping OP and was just plain rude. Just stop. I won't answer you again because I don't want the post to get closed.

It sounds like you don't need the ECV all of the time, but that you're looking to rent one for WDW. That's what I do. The problem, as I understand it, is that you're changing resorts part way through your stay and you need to get your car *and* your ECV to the Contemporary. I really don't see any other option than for you to take 2 trips. One to move your car and another to move the ECV. I would leave your ECV at CSR and drive your car to the Contemporary. Then, take a ride share back to CSR to pick up your ECV take the bus to the MK. You can easily "bunny" back over to the Contemporary or just go into the MK.

Sorry, I was tired when I posted earlier, you are right a Minnie Van likely won't help in that situation.

I own my scooter and I have never had any trouble with Bell Services taking the pieces out of my trunk or putting them back in. This includes AKL, the Poly, Contemporary, the Grand, all 3 All Stars, Coronado, Carribbean Beach, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, and both Port Orleans resorts. I also have never had an issue at the Dolphin or Swan.

As a tipped position, you will generally find that Bell Services will be eager to help you in any way they can, even if it is outside strict company policy, and you of course should reward them with a generous tip (I would say $20) for going above and beyond.

I will be alone and won't be able to lift the heaviest ECV part into my car, and I'm changing hotels from Coronado to the Contemporary the morning of my MK visit.
While it might not be ideal, I’d just not do a split stay and settle upon one onsite property

especially, if navigating the parks just a month after surgery, I’d look for the easy button.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter