Wilderness Lodge Club Level Trip Quandry

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Renee H, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Dave006

Dave006 DIS Veteran

No there are no regular Club Level rooms on any floor other than the 7th floor. The 10 Deluxe rooms on floors 1-5 are the only rooms that have Club Level access by definition beyond the 7th floor.

The confusing item that we have mentioned a couple of time in the tread is that with the reduction of the traditional hotel rooms at the Wilderness Lodge, your are able to add CL access to any room at check-in for $99 per night. There is a limit on the number of additional rooms that can add CL access for any particular day and you can't add CL access prior to your arrival as it is offered on an "as available" offering at check-in at the Front desk.

Dave

GADisneyDad14 and Hopefully like this.
  2. Renee H

Renee H Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Yes... but we do go multiple times a year and have a few already planned for next year as well. This was just going to be our “splurge” trip

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Renee H

I would love to see that! Did you just “stumble upon that happening” or did you find out when they were going to do it?

5. MinnieMSue

MinnieMSue DIS Veteran

Is it possible you could walk the girls to the lounge and return to your room with instructions to them to call if they need to return to the room or to stay in lounge until you come back? That might be better than cancelling your trip.

6. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

I had booked a deluxe club access room for my 91 year old mom and me. I think I remember it saying that the room could be on floors 1-6 (or whichever floors they are on) when I booked it. Maybe you missed it?

In any case, when I asked around and found out they were all at the ends of the hallway, I ended up canceling the room. I will be pushing her in a wheelchair, and it wouldn't be at all convenient to get to the Old Faithful Club.

Not the same situation as yours, but I get wanting better access to the club.

7. Renee H

I checked again when I found out to be sure if I had missed it ,but no, it’s not posted that you could be on floors 1-5. I also called and asked if it was posted anywhere and hey told me no. I had made the reservation over the phone anyway so it’s not even their protocol to tell the person about this.

8. patty57

patty57 DIS Veteran

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly....wouldn't be the first time. :rolleyes: