Why I don't think Contemporary will go DVC

The new North Wing might be mixed use, but don't you think 15 stories would be way, way too many villas for a DVC stand alone bldg? Assuming it would have equal, or more, rooms than the existing tower.

someone here say 300 to 350 units. so not as big as you would believe.

the top two floors are GV. so that leaves 14 floors - I think it has a restuarant. what they have done before is just make one of the gift shops larger. Since the connection is on the 4th floor - where the gift shops are - this is quite possible.

I know I was thinking 800 units myself. but I was corrected. the building is just not that big.

Many of the rumors seem to originate with WDW Cast Members like the one 'holcomb-mania' spoke to. Personally I think word of the DVC CR has grown to urban legend proportions at this point--CMs and guests are just repeating what they hear from other CMs or read on the Internet and accept it as fact. Whether there is any real truth to thr rumors remains to be seen.

hey the drawing that Tink found were real!!! they definitely say DVC Cont Villa. that is the building that is going up.

but yes that was before Disney announced AKV.

one way or the other I wish disney would say. oh well Oct or Dec isn't too long to wait.

I've recently attended a conference in Denver and booked way early to get a room in the same hotel as the convention ....

I was talking about the convention center. How close is the closest hotel? Besides, if you book a little late you won't get that hotel.

I have stayed at the CR for conventions 2x in the last year. I know the resort makes a lot of money of food and beverage as well as meeting space. We, however, got a room rate of 129.00 and that was for a tower room with a MK view. This year we stayed in June and Last year was in May. That is a HUGE savings on the room rate, at least 200 a night.

yea for outside conventions depending upon the number of people you can get a great discount.

but their own conventions you pay the top price.:lmao:

Besides they know that DVC members are expecting it.

I don't know how many members are waiting to buy at CR and NOT buying at AKV because they like me can't afford both.

I really think DVC would have say - we AREN'T building at the CR to increase sales at AKV.

So far nothing.

thanks mlill!!!

add me to this list:thumbsup2 , would've added on by now (either to existing resorts or a different one, probably AK, for banking/borrowing every 3 years)...

figure i can wait a little longer, they'll have to announce sooner than later once construction starts.

Still think they'll go the way of AK & convert some floors over in the main tower, if only temporarily, in order to get around the FL RE laws for sales.

Assume said rooms could revert to resort inventory as 'suites' once the north tower is finished.:wizard:

add me to this list:thumbsup2 , would've added on by now (either to existing resorts or a different one, probably AK, for banking/borrowing every 3 years)...

figure i can wait a little longer, they'll have to announce sooner than later once construction starts.

Still think they'll go the way of AK & convert some floors over in the main tower, if only temporarily, in order to get around the FL RE laws for sales.

Assume said rooms could revert to resort inventory as 'suites' once the north tower is finished.:wizard:

Hey! I never even thought of that! :scratchin That would be awesome! But, since they just remodeled all the rooms in the tower... hmmm... all EXCEPT the suites! I don't think that they ever did remodel the larger suites... I wonder why?!? You just may be on to something! :thumbsup2

EDIT: Here is a link to a thread with pictures about a recent stay in one of the Contemporary tower suites...

CR Tower Suite

It sure doesn't look remodeled to me. Updated a bit, but not totally re-done like the rest of the rooms. :confused3 I don't know...

DISCLAIMER: This is all wishful thinking. Please read it as such. A girl can dream... :cloud9:

I cannot see the Contemporary having one building dedication to Suites unless they were going to be lower in cost to stay there. This past Spring Break we were staying at the BCV and were wait listed for 2 additional nights. I constantly checked to see if we could get either the Poly, GF or Contemporary for those 2 nights paying cash. The only thing that kept coming up was a suite in the Contemporary Wing. It did not seem like there was a high demand to stay in the Contemporary Wing Suite and this is one of the busiest weeks of the year! Maybe I am just being hopeful that Contemporary will be the next DVC.

Hey! I never even thought of that! :scratchin That would be awesome! But, since they just remodeled all the rooms in the tower... hmmm... all EXCEPT the suites! I don't think that they ever did remodel the larger suites... I wonder why?!? You just may be on to something! :thumbsup2

EDIT: Here is a link to a thread with pictures about a recent stay in one of the Contemporary tower suites...

CR Tower Suite

It sure doesn't look remodeled to me. Updated a bit, but not totally re-done like the rest of the rooms. :confused3 I don't know...

DISCLAIMER: This is all wishful thinking. Please read it as such. A girl can dream... :cloud9:

The stuff dreams are made of:)

pic'd suite sure didn't look anything like the rennovated 'reg' mk room we had last Oct.; bit too IKEAish for my tastes.

i'm wondering if perhaps a DVC lite accommodation w/just a mini-fridge/mw & W/D unit as opposed to studio or larger...they could place the larger units in the new bldg.

As in most real estate, you are paying for location, location.

Boy it hadn't even occured to me that the CR suites were not done...

you may be right - won't that be wonderful!

they generally start remodeling the suites correct?

CR Tower Suite

The rooms in that photo have definitely been refurbished. That's the look they went for. It has that sort of minimalistic, boutique hotel feel to it.

If nothing else, the flat panel widescreen TV is a dead giveaway.

it is also been reported on the resort board that the sinks are not like the ones that have been rehab. and they needed to be.

I really think they are right and this is the old look with just a few changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter