Why does everyone say Pop is better?

By August, will the gondolas be open? That will eventually (possibly) be another selling point for Pop if they work well.
I was wondering about that too but I was reading that they will not be air conditioned and I quite enjoyed the break from the oppressive heat when that air conditioned bus arrived so I am not sure if that would effect my decision. In the winter it would be cool to ride those though.

Lots of different views here...thanks for all your responses. I would like to try pop but the problem I have is the $200 price difference (which is even more for me with the exchange). Hmm...decisions decisions...I don't like the idea of it being more crowded...already enough ppl at DW to begin with. Lol
Honestly, if you enjoy the AllStars and don’t want to pay the extra money, don’t. Stick with what you enjoy. :goodvibes

I guess I don’t understand the dilemma? You seem to like All Stars just fine and it’s cheaper. Who cares if people here seem to like Pop more. Every resort has its die hard fan base. Just do what works best for you :)

I guess I just have a problem with feeling like I am missing out on something! Lol. Youre right though...will save the cash for something else :)

Hi...just curious why everyone seems to think Pop is the best of the value resorts? I just returned from a 10 day stay at movies and was in a newly refurbished room and the room looked identical to Pop's. In looking at all of the pictures the layout looks very similar, the only difference I can see is theming. I read about bus issues but in the 10 days I was at movies I never shared a bus once and never waited more than 10 minutes. I am booked to back to movies in December and then Music in August but feel like I should change since everyone says Pop is better so please convince me why I should spend $200 US more to change to Pop?! Lol!

I've stayed at all the values except Sports and Pop is my least favourite. I would stay Movies is my favourite overall and AoA for the grounds. Luckily, we now only stay at moderates but if I had to choose a value, Pop wouldn't be my choice.

The All-Stars were getting pretty run down, that was my main objection (Pop is almost 10 years newer, the All Stars had been basically unchanged since 1994). The current renos should negate that complaint.

Other than that, Pop is more centrally located.

Hi...just curious why everyone seems to think Pop is the best of the value resorts? I just returned from a 10 day stay at movies and was in a newly refurbished room and the room looked identical to Pop's. In looking at all of the pictures the layout looks very similar, the only difference I can see is theming. I read about bus issues but in the 10 days I was at movies I never shared a bus once and never waited more than 10 minutes. I am booked to back to movies in December and then Music in August but feel like I should change since everyone says Pop is better so please convince me why I should spend $200 US more to change to Pop?! Lol!

I have no idea. We checked-in and out within about an hour. This was pre-rehab in I think 2013. The room smelled horrible. It looked fine, but that smell was awful. The head of housekeeping came and offered to move us to a different room, but we wanted to leave because we did not trust a cleaning department that would have put that room back into circulation.

Earlier that year we had stayed at ASM and enjoyed it.

When I was first researching to stay on property I was looking at websites and how they ranked the values. The overwhelming rule out was that Pop was better out of the values, Art of Animation for if you wanted suites. And I think I read Movies were better themed out of the All Stars. I read some things about how All Stars shared buses and were more dated that Pop and when I was first staying Pop was only an extra $20 a night so we opted for Pop. Now it seems like the All Stars are all getting refurbs which is great but since I've been staying at Pop I love it and it's become my home resort. If we ever really needed to save more money we would consider the All Stars but Movies is the only theme that we sort of like.

I was like everyone else before i stayed at movies last week. While I still love POP, I will gladly take a smaller resort and the same exact room. We have changed all of our reservations to Movies now, $200 adds up!

I was wondering about that too but I was reading that they will not be air conditioned and I quite enjoyed the break from the oppressive heat when that air conditioned bus arrived so I am not sure if that would effect my decision. In the winter it would be cool to ride those though.

I'm guessing that Disney will dramatically cut down on buses once the gondola is running. Only reason Disney would spend the money to build the gondola is cost cutting. Cheaper to run the gondola then contract out for buses as they have been.

Food-court. When we stayed at Music, we were fine with everything but we would comment about how we missed Pop’s food court.

And ... I just get a kick out of the crazy theming. Reminds the husband and me (and our kids) of the fun things from our youth constantly.

I stayed at Sports in 2012 and Music in 2016. In my opinion, both just looked tired. The paint was faded and the grounds appeared shabby. In comparison, the buildings and icons at Pop... pop! It’s not even a new resort anymore, but for some reason it still looks fresher.

I'm guessing that Disney will dramatically cut down on buses once the gondola is running.
There is some thought that there will be NO buses to Epcot and DHS just like the Seven Seas Lagoon Resorts only have Monorail service to Epcot and the Crescent Lake Resorts only have Boat(or walk) service to Epcot and DHS.:)

I am a huge fan of Pop as myself but I don't mind All Star Movies or Music either. I personally prefer Pop because they have their own deticated buses, they are close enough to Art of Animation so I can just walk to their food court, which in my opinion is the best food court of any of the values, and use their bus to get back to our hotel from a park if I need to. Everyone has preferences and mines Pop!

There is some thought that there will be NO buses to Epcot and DHS just like the Seven Seas Lagoon Resorts only have Monorail service to Epcot and the Crescent Lake Resorts only have Boat(or walk) service to Epcot and DHS.:)

They would be stupid to do that... There are so many people who would never ride those gondolas, and if that's their only way to get to those parks, they'd likely just stay somewhere else. Not to say they WON'T eliminate buses from those resorts, just that they would be stupid to do so.

I am a huge fan of Pop as myself but I don't mind All Star Movies or Music either. I personally prefer Pop because they have their own deticated buses, they are close enough to Art of Animation so I can just walk to their food court, which in my opinion is the best food court of any of the values, and use their bus to get back to our hotel from a park if I need to. Everyone has preferences and mines Pop!
Agreed. We loved Pop, because it was an easy walk to AOA to use their food court. It was also nice to jump in whichever bus line was shorter for the return back from the parks.

Haven't stayed at POP either. Just don't get the hype. It looks the same as the All-Stars from all the pictures.

But on that note, I'm not sure why sports doesn't get more love. We absolutely love the football section! All I hear about it movies and music. Where's all my sports fans? Haha

We love Pop. We know the layout and we enjoy the theme. We stayed one night at AOA last year. I wasn't a fan. It is a super cute resort but I didn't like how far the rooms were from the main hall. It was a miserable walk for coffee in the morning, and to catch the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter