Why do so many people like Bay Lake Tower over the Contemporary?

i have not, but i have done extensive research, read blogs, seen vlogs, see it in a zero entry pool disney world post for resorts with those pools, I have read in many posts you can not use the top of the world lounge, they only have the cove bar as a place to eat by the pool, unless your dvc and go to the top of the world lounge, they have no shops, arcades, restaurants, and the magical express doesnt stop there. Most people who post things resort questions have probably not stayed there and have done extensive research, then to ask a question to people who have while comparing pictures and amenities, have you stayed there?
Have you ever stayed at BLT?

i have not, but i have done extensive research, read blogs, seen vlogs, see it in a zero entry pool disney world post for resorts with those pools, I have read in many posts you can not use the top of the world lounge, they only have the cove bar as a place to eat by the pool, unless your dvc and go to the top of the world lounge, they have no shops, arcades, restaurants, and the magical express doesnt stop there. Most people who post things resort questions have probably not stayed there and have done extensive research, then to ask a question to people who have while comparing pictures and amenities, have you stayed there?

Think of the Contemporary tower, the Contemporary garden wing, and Bay Lake Tower as three buildings that make up a single resort. In a business sense, BLT and CR are somewhat separate, but except for a couple of minor differences like the DVC lounge and the pool, they operate almost as a single resort.

Yes, it's correct to say that the BLT building has no shops and restaurants, but you could as easily say that the Contemporary garden wing has no shops or restaurants, and that the Magical Express doesn't stop there.

It's not a hardship, really. The shops and restaurants are a short walk and elevator ride away, just as they are at the garden wing. It's not truly any different then having to go from your room's building to the main building for your food and services at the Poly, or POR, or AoA, or most other Disney resorts. :)

I suspect that BLT is higher ranked than the CR in many polls primarily because it is the newer of the two resorts. I personally would choose a tower room over a room in BLT but that's just personal preference. They are both very nice resorts. I actually think that the standard rooms in the CR are the nicest in all of WDW. Except for the dopey sinks in the bathroom of course! Lol

And breath.....

Yes we have stayed there and thought it was fantastic. You should give it a shot and form your own opinion of the place.

Last edited:
We own at BLT and GF as well. The studios at BLT are the smallest among the DVC resorts and some are showing definite signs of wear. I know some people don't like the theme of the CR, but it is iconic DW to me. As for the GF looking like Grandma's house, I have to disagree. The VGF are absolutely amazing!

Why do so many people like Bay Lake Tower over the Contemporary?

So I'm just sort of wondering where you're coming from on this? Where are you getting this idea? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but it certainly doesn't go along with anything I've read. I haven't even seen it be a discussion.

DVC owners like DVC. Non-DVC owners might not, which is why they aren't buying DVC.

Think of the Contemporary tower, the Contemporary garden wing, and Bay Lake Tower as three buildings that make up a single resort. In a business sense, BLT and CR are somewhat separate, but except for a couple of minor differences like the DVC lounge and the pool, they operate almost as a single resort.

Yes, it's correct to say that the BLT building has no shops and restaurants, but you could as easily say that the Contemporary garden wing has no shops or restaurants, and that the Magical Express doesn't stop there.

It's not a hardship, really. The shops and restaurants are a short walk and elevator ride away, just as they are at the garden wing. It's not truly any different then having to go from your room's building to the main building for your food and services at the Poly, or POR, or AoA, or most other Disney resorts. :)
And if you are thinking this way, what do you think about the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian? ME doesn't stop at any of the Polynesian buildings. None. Just at the main building that has no sleeping rooms.

Plus Bay Lake Tower is really named Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

We are staying there in November for the first time. Stayed at CR last time. I am so excited and love the look of both. Ikea is my style, though.

Other than location, I'm not crazy about either BLT or CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter