Why do so many people like Bay Lake Tower over the Contemporary?

Richi3

Registered
To me it just seems crazy because CR has way all of the shops, restaurants, arcade, etc. I understand BLT has a zero entry pool, quieter, and the top of the world lounge, but if your not dvc and pay direct through disney or through davids you cant use it? BLT is ranked like 30 something best resort in Orlando, and Contemporary is like 120 or 30 something? Why?

I love BLT because you get all the amenities of CR without the craziness/noise/chaos of CR. It's all right there if you want it, but you also have the option of retreating to the relative calm of BLT, which, for me, it maintains the same vibe without the crowds.

The Contemporary is timeless as the monorail, but Im sure BLT has beautifully upated rooms

BLT is a timeshare and offers studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas, all with a kitchenette or kitchen and the bedroom villas have a washer dryer. Perhaps people enjoy having the larger room and kitchen/washer/dryer ammenities that the Contemporary, a hotel, does not have in all rooms.

You can pay cash to stay at BLT, even if you are not a DVC member.

Denise

My answer: I have no idea. Makes no sense to me either! CR is old-school WDW at its finest. But to each their own.

Because it's nice having a kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms. Not to mention, the lobby at BLT smells amazing. The walk over to Contemporary is so short that it's not even a deterrent for me. You get the best of both worlds at BLT too. The BLT pool and the Contemporary pool.

To me it just seems crazy because CR has way all of the shops, restaurants, arcade, etc. I understand BLT has a zero entry pool, quieter, and the top of the world lounge, but if your not dvc and pay direct through disney or through davids you cant use it? BLT is ranked like 30 something best resort in Orlando, and Contemporary is like 120 or 30 something? Why?

I'm 93% sure that you can use the BLT pool if you are staying there and renting points.

Yes, the pool can be used by any registered guest of BLT, not just members. The lounge is only for use by DVC members.

As for the shops, restaurant and arcade, they're shared by both resorts. BLT is connected to CR by a short skybridge, and I'd be willing to bet that some BLT rooms are closer to the CR shops and restaurants than some of CR's garden wing rooms.

Because it's nice having a kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms. Not to mention, the lobby at BLT smells amazing. The walk over to Contemporary is so short that it's not even a deterrent for me. You get the best of both worlds at BLT too. The BLT pool and the Contemporary pool.

Omg, I dream about the lobby smell!

BLT is amazing! I love the excitement of CR but you can leave there and walk into the peace and quiet of BLT. It is such a short walk (on the sky bridge) to all of the excitement in the CR. We paid cash when we stayed there and we loved it.

Clearly we're in the minority, we stayed in a BLT studio a couple of years back, it was the worst DVC studio we've ever stayed in. There were stains on the carpet, even the pull out sofa had stains on it. It really looked as though some folks had Partied to the MAX :drinking:. Full disclosure: We checked in right after our NYE Disney cruise.

So for us we'd take a CR hotel room over a BLT studio. I suspect a 1 or 2 bedroom would be a different story.

Clearly we're in the minority, we stayed in a BLT studio a couple of years back, it was the worst DVC studio we've ever stayed in. There were stains on the carpet, even the pull out sofa had stains on it. It really looked as though some folks had Partied to the MAX :drinking:. Full disclosure: We checked in right after our NYE Disney cruise.

So for us we'd take a CR hotel room over a BLT studio. I suspect a 1 or 2 bedroom would be a different story.
I'd take a hotel room over a studio almost any day. Especially over the BLT studio. They are small and tight when the sleeper sofa is pulled out. The CR hotel rooms are spacious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter