Why do so many people like Bay Lake Tower over the Contemporary?

Stayed in a 2 bedroom amazing villa at BLT 2 years ago and then in January stayed in a standard room in the garden wing, gorgeous room and layout. Loved them both. Honestly can't go wrong on either side! Enjoy!

sorry, i know the pool can be of use lol, but i meant the lounge. I want to be in on all the action, and it is a either a Theme Park View Studio at Bay Lake Tower for about $200 per night $784 total for a four night September Weekday stay, or if i booked through orbitz a Contemporary TPV room with september discounts would be $427 per night, Im not sure the extra $227 per night. Actually it would be cheaper to get a 1 bedroom villa at Bay Lake Tower (standard view sadly) or a Contemporary Theme Park View Room! Contemporary would be closer to everything and TPV, but a standard view could be sad at bay lake, but it would be so spacious and have a jaccuzzi tub!

No way! We love everything about CR and BLT. To us GF is the worst... Reminds me of walking into grannies house with all the lace and doilies.

I guess I am just not a fan of Le Corbusier and brutalist architecture. All that exposed concrete. It seems like they ran out of money half way though the construction and had to stop.

sorry, i know the pool can be of use lol, but i meant the lounge. I want to be in on all the action, and it is a either a Theme Park View Studio at Bay Lake Tower for about $200 per night $784 total for a four night September Weekday stay, or if i booked through orbitz a Contemporary TPV room with september discounts would be $427 per night, Im not sure the extra $227 per night. Actually it would be cheaper to get a 1 bedroom villa at Bay Lake Tower (standard view sadly) or a Contemporary Theme Park View Room! Contemporary would be closer to everything and TPV, but a standard view could be sad at bay lake, but it would be so spacious and have a jaccuzzi tub!

I believe only DVC members can use the Top of the World Lounge. They have to show their DVC member card and ID in order to have access to the lounge. It is a perk for DVC members.

Denise

It's because of the living room, laundry, and full fridge and kitchen in the 1br and larger.

2 bedrooms, washer, dryer, full kitchen, 3 tvs, 3 bathrooms...and the ability to be in a different room than our 4 kids for a little bit of peace!

Seriously, we stayed at CR and loved it our first 2 night trip. But we are now a family of 6 (and won't eve be able to stay at CR but a few more months anyway once our youngest turns 2 or 3 or whatever) and we need the space. And we love beig on the monorail.

As Dh so eloquently put it just now, we would live in an IKEA store if we could, so the decor and theming are right up our alley. We adore it, which is why we bought BLT DVC last year.

You can keep BWV (looked like someone went to a yard sale and bought furniture for the room that way and then went to the $5 paint can rack at Home Depot for the wall color), and GF (helloooo gramma's house).

Love a door that separates our sleeping space from the kids; love three full bathrooms; love washer and dryer; love full kitchen and Garden Grocer; love lobby scent; love quiet with shops and monorail and
chef Mickeys a short walk away; love guaranteed King bed in the master; love shorter walk to MK than CR; love pull out couch and pull out sleeper chair; love that grandparents have their own space too. All these loves apply to the two bedroom villa at BLT. My favorite!

To me it just seems crazy because CR has way all of the shops, restaurants, arcade, etc. I understand BLT has a zero entry pool, quieter, and the top of the world lounge, but if your not dvc and pay direct through disney or through davids you cant use it? BLT is ranked like 30 something best resort in Orlando, and Contemporary is like 120 or 30 something? Why?

Have you ever stayed at BLT?

Love a door that separates our sleeping space from the kids; love three full bathrooms; love washer and dryer; love full kitchen and Garden Grocer; love lobby scent; love quiet with shops and monorail and
chef Mickeys a short walk away; love guaranteed King bed in the master; love shorter walk to MK than CR; love pull out couch and pull out sleeper chair; love that grandparents have their own space too. All these loves apply to the two bedroom villa at BLT. My favorite!

AMEN...the best when traveling with extended family. As the grandparents...was WONDERFUL being able to "shut the door" when DGD's got cranky after a full day at the park. :rotfl: I, too, thought I would hate the "concrete/contemporary" style but ended up in love with that resort. It now tops my list of "top 3 favorite resorts". It's DGD's home resort and, next to WL, we think the best of the DVC's. :tink:

I own at BLT but have never managed to stay there since we bought in 2008. But in two weeks, we are in a deluxe studio and I am so excited. I have stayed at CR (concierge level theme park view) and really enjoyed it. I have also used the Top of the World lounge (still remember the restaurant at CR with the same name). Really looking forward to finally staying "home."

We love both! We stayed at CR a couple times and loved it so much that when I bought into DVC, I only wanted it at BLT! We stayed there for the first time this past April and loved it! I have to say, we did miss being right above the grand concourse, but truly, it was just a short walk away. I think both places are great in their own way. We actually prefer the pool over at CR better though, because it's bigger and less crowded. The BLT pool was always very crowded and not really relaxing. The TOTWL is pretty cool, but at the CR you can watch Wishes from the 4th floor. I'd say you can't go wrong at either place!

We love both equally for their convenience to the MK and Epcot. And having 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer facilities and a big refrigerator to store cold drinks and snacks in our 1 bedroom was amazing this past trip. Most of all I think it's wonderful to see the park, lagoon, ferries and still walk to the Magic Kingdom. And until our last trip we enjoyed the Poly restaurants and the ease of getting around on the monorail. I don't think you can go wrong staying at either!

Last edited:
Pretty sure it was a joke!

Which is why I placed "exhaust" in quotation marks in the original post. Figured the Grand Canyon Concourse's smell would be so identifiable that I wouldn't need to explain.

Har har har. I guess the better point to make is why you are after me on this one when I wasn't the one that pointed it out in the first place. I think there's another poster involved here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter