Why are my magic bands listed as pickup at resort?

JakAHearts

Earning My Ears
I have a suspicion that this has something to do with a split stay but Im sure yall will be able to help. I have a six day park ticket and two separate hotel reservations for June. MDE lists my magic bands as pickup at front desk. Can I switch this somehow and have them shipped? We like to customize them before we go. Thank ya!

It is showing that way for a lot of folks and think it may just be a glitch on the website...you can always call to verify...it is showing that way for us as well but pretty sure ours will get shipped...

I have a suspicion that this has something to do with a split stay but Im sure yall will be able to help. I have a six day park ticket and two separate hotel reservations for June. MDE lists my magic bands as pickup at front desk. Can I switch this somehow and have them shipped? We like to customize them before we go. Thank ya!
Check the top of your browser and make sure it is mydisneyexperience.com and that it isn't going to the en-eu ( europe) page. I have had a problem with it defaulting to that, and that would be why it says pick up at the record-breaking if that isn't the reasin, I have no other suggestions,but I hope you get it figured out! Good luck!

MDE said the same thing for our reservation, but then they shipped them like normal when it was time.

I think it's just a curiosity with the website. On the splash screen of My Plans, mine has always said, have them customized by this date (6 days before arrival) for pickup at hotel. Then if you click on the review link for details, it lists the customize by date as 30 days before, and shipping address. IMHO, the pickup at hotel line seems to be a quirk, as I said. If in any doubt, definitely call!

I think it's just a curiosity with the website. On the splash screen of My Plans, mine has always said, have them customized by this date (6 days before arrival) for pickup at hotel. Then if you click on the review link for details, it lists the customize by date as 30 days before, and shipping address. IMHO, the pickup at hotel line seems to be a quirk, as I said. If in any doubt, definitely call!

Mine is the exact same way.

Just checked mine and it said that as well. When I went to check to customize I got an error message
Sorry, There Was a Problem Completing Your Request
We're sorry, a problem occurred when trying to perform the action you requested. Please try again later.

It must be a glitch.

Just checked mine and it said that as well. When I went to check to customize I got an error message
Sorry, There Was a Problem Completing Your Request
We're sorry, a problem occurred when trying to perform the action you requested. Please try again later.

It must be a glitch.

I got this error today too. When I clicked to review my magic band order it took me to a page that just showed my old magic bands and I got that same error message popup. I contacted support using the chat on the website, told them my issue and they restored the magic band order. I don't know why this happened but they were able to fix it for me. Not sure if it's something that would eventually resolve itself but my trip is coming up fast and didn't want to end up not getting my magic bands. You may want to try contacting support as well.

Just an FYI, when they restored my magic band order it reset the customization so i had to do it again.

I got this error today too. When I clicked to review my magic band order it took me to a page that just showed my old magic bands and I got that same error message popup. I contacted support using the chat on the website, told them my issue and they restored the magic band order. I don't know why this happened but they were able to fix it for me. Not sure if it's something that would eventually resolve itself but my trip is coming up fast and didn't want to end up not getting my magic bands. You may want to try contacting support as well.

Just an FYI, when they restored my magic band order it reset the customization so i had to do it again.
Just did that chat, filled out a form, and refreshed the page....it worked!

Good to hear! They had me do the same thing. Hopefully this is an issue that would have simply worked itself out. Would really stink for all the people who may not double check their magic band orders and then just not get their magic bands. Would probably be best for everyone with an upcoming trip to just check on their magic band orders to make sure.

MagicBands and Cards

Your MagicBand Order

Quantity: 2

Resort Reservation
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
June 2 - 6, 2019

Confirmation Number:

79Days Left
Customize byMay 2, 2019

All your MagicBands are customized!
You may update your customization selections until May 2, 2019.

Your MagicBands will serve as your Disney's Magical Express "tickets" and Disney Resort hotel room "keys." Be sure to pack your MagicBands in a carry-on bag so you'll have them available upon arrival.Done

Shipping Address

That's how mine looks when I log onto MDE on my desktop. Shows a shipping address. (I removed my address and confirmation number for safety only)

Is the option available for picking them up at the resort? I don't really care if I get them shipped but just curious as I thought at one time you had the option at the resort?

Is the option available for picking them up at the resort? I don't really care if I get them shipped but just curious as I thought at one time you had the option at the resort?
Some guests have to collect at resort as the magicbands don't ship internationally - I'm travelling from Europe and have no option for shipping.

Mine says that too, but it also says to customize by a particular date in March in order to have them shipped for our trip in late April.

After reading this, I also do d a chat. Apparently I got a bad CM because even though I filled out the form, the problem persists. I customized my MBs two weeks ago and now they are nowhere to be seen in MDE.

After reading this, I also do d a chat. Apparently I got a bad CM because even though I filled out the form, the problem persists. I customized my MBs two weeks ago and now they are nowhere to be seen in MDE.

Have you tried a different browser? I can't even see my plans on my Tablet. On my desktop sometimes I can't see my bands on Chrome, so I go to the incognito mode. Or I'll use Safari with no problem seeing all my plans.

I'm going to give it a few days and hope the glitch works itself out...I still have a few weeks before my order is due anyway...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter