Who's sailing JAN 19th seven day

Movie opens in theaters on January 18. Is there any way to find out if they will show it on our curise? I've read here that they usually show new movies on the cruiese.

I would pretty much expect it. In Feb when we cruised, RECESS jsut came out and sure enough my son saw it with the club.

Is everyone or anyone still interested setting up a couple of DIS meets? Maybe set up a few meets at various times?

Don't forget your lime green ribbons!!!

How about getting together after the safety drill? We could all meet on Deck 9 or Deck 10 for the sail-away party at 5PM. By then everyone should be done making their Spa/Palo's reservations. This is probably the ideal time to meet and get to know one another.

As far as a second time to meet, perhaps sometime later in the evening? Taking a quick look at the Navigators posted on inkkognito's site, it is difficult to pick a time when there isn't a conflict with some activity or with dinner. If anyone else would like to propose a date and time to get together, please do so.

Is anyone on our cruise doing excursions? If so which ones? Anyone just renting a car/jeep and doing it on your own? Trying to decide what to do.

We didn't do any excursions on our first 7-day cruise. For a group of five persons, it just seems to make more sense to strike out on our own. Last time we ended up at Great Bay Beach on St. Maarten and at Magen's Bay Beach on St. Thomas. I would be willing to wager that we will probably do exactly the same thing this time, relying on taxi services to get to/from our destinations. Again, with five of us, you have to rent a pretty big vehicle in order to fit us all in. And I've seen the drivers on St. Maarten and St. Thomas and I don't want to share the road with them any more than they want to share it with me. :)

Towncrier - did anyone in your group snorkel at Magens Bay? Any opinions? I haven't seen clear info on the snorkeling there though the beach certainly seems worth the trip. It was hard to concede on passing by St. John but we figured that the travel time could be spent doing other things on St. Thomas.

We also have a large group - 7, including a four year old that is too young for all of the excursions that involve snorkeling. For St. Thomas, We're thinking of heading to Coki Beach in the morning so some can snorkel and others can enjoy the beach and Coral World. We may then head over to Magens Bay in the afternoon.

Yea - finally purchased my plane tickets and got a sale price too!We arrive a day early and not sure if we will stay at WDW or go direct to Port Canaveral. Getting closer and as we dig out of seven feet of snow and brave below O wind chills.....the cruise and sunshine and blue crystal clear water and warmth...can not wait guys!

No organized excursions for us as a group as well. With a two year old along, I don't want to try or risk it. Although my 14 year old son may try some of the teen stuff.

I like the idea of a get-together at the Sail away party - after the lifeboat drill. (how does 4:45 sound?) Although I wore my green ribbon on our last cruise (on my hat with my CC pin, and on my fanny pack) I saw nary a Dis'er the whole trip (other than a "meet" if you can call it that at VWl with just me and LUV2dream). My wife made fun of me.

How about location?

Just ordered new bathing suits online from Eddie Bauer - getting ready to GO!
:smooth:

The snorkeling at Magen's Bay was nothing to write home about. The water was clear, but there wasn't really anything special to see. It's just a very nice beach. For me the best part is the milkshake place (located just outside Magen's Bay) called Udder Delights. They sell delicious milkshakes into which they will gladly dump a shot or two of rum. After a day at the beach, the milkshakes were deadly.

As far as meeting on the first day, we'll head for deck 10 as soon as the lifeboat drill is over. We'll try to stay near the aft section of deck 10 (near the stairs) so that we can still see the stage on deck 9 (where all the action is). I'll try to be as obvious as my family will tolerate (lime green ribbons, lime green DIScon lanyard, Towncrier button).

If you miss the opening get-together, you can always call the operator and ask to leave me (John Hayes) a message. We are assigned cabin 2585 and I seriously doubt that we will be upgraded since we requested adjoining cabins.

Something that we did on the inaugural cruise was to invite the other DISers on board over to our cabin one night after the show (we all had first dining seating). We ordered a couple of cheese plates from room service to go with a bottle of champagne that we had (compliments of the Disney Vacation Club). Of course, we were in a Cat4 room on that cruise, and it was a nice place to have a DISmeet. I doubt that a Cat10 cabin would work, but we could always take our cheese up on deck. Just another random thought. No complimentary wine on this cruise, but I'm sure that we could scrape something up to drink.

Golden Eagle Catamaran for DD(8) and myself!!!

DD(5) will stay on ship with DM(my mom) in the morning and then we will spend the afternoon at Orient Beach ( unless someone knows of another beach where we can rent Wave Runners). St. Thomas will be Coral World and Coki Beach!

We would love to meet after the safety drill too. My kids will be dancing with the characters at the beginning of the Sailaway Party and we have tons of bubbles too.

How about another meet on Sunday? Say informal lunch at Topsiders. We were thinking about Palo brunch at 1030 but could meet after noon sometime. Whattya think??

Oh yeah--- One more--- RADISSON MEET!!

FOr those of us staying at the Radisson. How about a pool party DIS meet that night from 7-9? I know my kids would love to meet some other kids that night. Will it be too cold to swim? I hope not!!

Bought my green ribbon tonight:D

Happy Cruisin' MNmom:jester:

Heres what I suggest for meets:

#1 Deck 10 Aft right after saftey drill

#2 Sunday- Topsiders 1:00 Lunch Buffet

#3 If wanted sometime later in the week possibly our day at sea?

Lets get this going gang! I cant wait to meet everyone!

The meet times look good to me,-I'll make note of them! I don't know about this green ribbon thing - I think I might be feel a bit goofy!

For excursions we are doing the AFTERNOON Golden Eagle - anyone else? I've heard it's great! We chose late seating so this works better for us (me, DH and two DS's). Also, we're doing St John on our own - probably Cinnamon Bay.

Meet times look great to me too! Can't wait for this cruise to start. I need to find the lime green ribbon now.........:eek:

The meet times look good. This will give the kids a chance to meet before the clubs. We've got our lime green ribbons for the luggage and hats. We're located on the North/South Carolina border and we got 6+ inches of snow in the last 18 hours. Not that much compared to Buffalo but a lot for here. I'm about the only one at work today. St Thomas and 80 degrees never looked so good!

The meet times sound good to us. Last time we went on a cruise we were with neighbors and that was nice to know people. We are looking forward to having the commonality of the DIS baords and meeting folks.

SCduckman - we are in Hickory, NC and have gotten quite a bit of snow too! About 2 hours ago it really started coming down again. The kids were supposed to go back to school today but with the things the way they look now I figure they'll be out until Monday and then two weeks of classes before we leave!!

I'm starting to pull out bathing suits AND snow suits - what a combo!

This is SC Minnie using DH computer.

Times look good for a meet. We are also doing the Golden Eagle Catamaran - early trip. On St Thomas we are planning to go on our own- probably to Magens Bay. We went to St Thomas on our honeymoon but never made it to this beach so it will be a stop this time.

Looking forward to sunny and warm weather!!!!!

We will be on the early Golden Eagle Catamaran:D

St Thomas/John is still up in the air.

We are leaving in two weeks.Yahoo!

Going shopping tomorrow and I have to remember to pick up some lime green ribbon. We will see you after the Lifeboat drill!

DD9 and I will be on early Golden Eagle Catamaran, so we'll see some of you there for sure!!

Weather in Minnesota is warming up again (January thaw) and will threaten to melt the little bit of snow we have.

Counting down the days as they are quickly going by...
MickeyMagic

Great to see so many on the Golden Eagle! My DD who is 11 NEEDS a friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter