• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's booking this morning?

I called through the Costco travel number. Even though the 2009 trips are not up on the Costco website, they are able to book the new trips and do give the $500 cash card for booking through them. Their number is: 1-877-849-2730. The lady on the regular ABD line said that if I converted it to a Costco reservation today, I would keep the early booking discount. So, I just called the Costco line after I finished. The wait time was about 20 minutes on the Costco line. Otherwise, it would depend on availability.

It appeared that not all agents were familiar with the loyalty discount. The Costco one that I talked to had to go back and add it back in after she had converted it and hadn't added it.

I wonder if they will honor loyalty discount if your 2008 trip hasn't happened yet? Mine is next month, and they have to call me back to finish my 2009 booking as the Storybook trip is not pricing out for them yet.

OMG! South Africa is less than I thought it would be! It is not much more than Alaska. Now I don't know what to do. I would love to do SA but I can not imagine that flight:(

OMG! South Africa is less than I thought it would be! It is not much more than Alaska. Now I don't know what to do. I would love to do SA but I can not imagine that flight:(
I feel the same way about China!

Anyone have any idea how expensive a flight to China from the US is?

Sayhello

I wonder if they will honor loyalty discount if your 2008 trip hasn't happened yet? Mine is next month, and they have to call me back to finish my 2009 booking as the Storybook trip is not pricing out for them yet.

Yes, they will honor your loyalty discount if your 2008 trip hasn't happened yet. You are 'paid in full' for next month so as far as they are concerned you are a 'loyal' customer. ;)

Our Viva Italia trip is next month and I booked Ireland for May 2009. They gave me the discount.

Yah! All set for Prague, Salzburg, and Vienna next year, and they did honor the loyalty discount! The price is super--cheaper than last year, and they've altered the itinerary to start in Prague, end in Vienna and added a salt mine tour. Sounds like they listened to past guests and made some changes for the better!

So, after an hour and a half spent chatting with the *most* marvelous ABD concierge agent, I have booked the Rocky Trails and Mountie Tales Adult Only trip for next year. :cool1: It was the one I was most interested in, going into this morning, and the more we went over & discussed the itinerary, the more I liked it. So, yeah, booked! Got the EBD and the loyalty discount. Woohoo!

Sayhello

I reserved the Storybook Tour in Germany. I looked at the S African tour and wished i could do it. Maybe another time. I have traveled to Germany probally 20 yrs ago . I always wanted to stay at Caslte hotels so i next summer i will.:goodvibes Nice discounts with the ebd and loyalty one to.

Disneytraveler--we will have to swap tales--you are going to Prague and Austria in September of this year and I'm doing the Germany Fairytale trip at the same time. And, we are flipping trips next year! I promise to do a trip report!

So, after an hour and a half spent chatting with the *most* marvelous ABD concierge agent, I have booked the Rocky Trails and Mountie Tales Adult Only trip for next year. :cool1: It was the one I was most interested in, going into this morning, and the more we went over & discussed the itinerary, the more I liked it. So, yeah, booked! Got the EBD and the loyalty discount. Woohoo!

Sayhello
Sayhello, I'm curious what changed your mind? On the other thread you didn't seem as enthused. I'm interested in how much information the concierge agent was able to give you. It hadn't occurred to me that they would have much morning information than is available on line.

Glad it'll work out for you. We're off to Peru next year. If my partner doesn't enjoy Southwest Splendors it'll be a very long year!

I booked last night (morning for you) I was on hold for about 5 minutes listening to a dream is a wish your heart makes. The rep I got was very helpful. I've booked Backstage magic for 20-25th October. Adults Only and I'll be travelling solo.

Can't wait!! When I go back to work on Monday everyone will be hearing about it. And they thought it was bad enough already with my Disney World in Dec talk:rotfl2:

I just booked four trips with the early booking discount and I'm waiting on the fifth. I have the confirmation number on one only, but I'm on hold waiting on the others while he processes them. Hopefully, the glitch mentioned in this thread doesn't affect these because we've been doing really well so far!

Dotti

Five trips? Wow! :goodvibes Where are all the places you will be going?

Sayhello, I'm curious what changed your mind? On the other thread you didn't seem as enthused. I'm interested in how much information the concierge agent was able to give you. It hadn't occurred to me that they would have much morning information than is available on line.

Glad it'll work out for you. We're off to Peru next year. If my partner doesn't enjoy Southwest Splendors it'll be a very long year!
I think part of the issue was having a pre-conceived idea of what the itinerary was going to look like, and, when I saw it, thinking there wasn't much "to do" on the trip. She *did* have more information (the concierges actually have Q&A sessions with the people who come up with the trips, so they learn a lot of the details. She had durations of activities, travel time, and just a bit more detail as to what specifically was being done and when.) I *really* wanted to go to the Canadian Rockies/Banff, and once she helped me realize there *was* a lot going on, I decided to book. I'm not *positive* that I'm 100% committed to this trip (I *do* have 14 days to change my mind) but I'm happy with the decision.

If your partner doesn't enjoy Southwest Splendors... well, how committed *are* you? ;)

Sayhello

Sayhello, Please keep us posted on your thought process as you go through the next two weeks. I too am interested in your change of heart. We've also calmed down over our initial dismay, but are now looking at Yosemite or Southwest Splendors.

DaddyBrady, You will LOVE Peru! It is the best trip we have ever been on. We are seriously considering just going back to the Sacred Valley instead of doing an new trip next year!

KristiLew

We booked the August 2-8 Quest for the West. Wasn't on hold at all - my great TA did all the booking ;) said that the pre-booking days are not in the comuter yet. Planning on flying in a day or two early :yay:

A bit surprised that this is costing the same as a week's Disney cruise....I do like that we don't have to pay 'extra' for excursions!

I'm pumped. This is our graduation from HS gift for our twins.

TK

We booked the Peru trip for December 19th - the 27th. Looks like we'll be celebrating Christmas in Cusco!!!

We booked Quest for the West for August 23rd. Say Hello, I thought about Montana and the Canadian Rockies a lot too. It seemed like a good follow-up to Southwest Splendors. Maybe that's coming after I read your trip report next year! Alaska also looked very appealing. I guess we're just very focused on this part of the US now.

Also, I did not get a loyalty discount offer (even though we did get early booking, after being on hold for 45 minutes), and our trip happened less than a month ago. Any reason not to call back with my reservation number and ask for one?

We booked Quest for the West for August 23rd. Say Hello, I thought about Montana and the Canadian Rockies a lot too. It seemed like a good follow-up to Southwest Splendors. Maybe that's coming after I read your trip report next year! Alaska also looked very appealing. I guess we're just very focused on this part of the US now.

Also, I did not get a loyalty discount offer (even though we did get early booking, after being on hold for 45 minutes), and our trip happened less than a month ago. Any reason not to call back with my reservation number and ask for one?
We were looking Montana and the Canadian Rockies, but it's not an easy place to fly to. SO we are looking at North CA. That seems very similar to Quest for the West that we went on last year. It will be hard to beat Wyoming.

However, not impressed with the selections, extensive time on a bus, added box lunches and the cost. I can tell Disney has scaled back due to the economy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter