• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's booking this morning?

My fabulous TA, Kelly, booked the Knights and Lights trip for 9 of us for next June with the early booking discount. We are going to add Disneyland Paris but that information wasn't available yet.
We are super excited!

Congrats to everyone who booked everyone who booked for '09! :goodvibes

We booked Quest for the West for August 23rd. Say Hello, I thought about Montana and the Canadian Rockies a lot too. It seemed like a good follow-up to Southwest Splendors. Maybe that's coming after I read your trip report next year! Alaska also looked very appealing. I guess we're just very focused on this part of the US now.

Also, I did not get a loyalty discount offer (even though we did get early booking, after being on hold for 45 minutes), and our trip happened less than a month ago. Any reason not to call back with my reservation number and ask for one?
I was also toying with Quest for the West, and may still change my mind. :) I haven't been to Yellowstone since I was a kid myself. I really didn't look *too* closely at Alaska, as I did the most fabulous cruisetour there 2 years ago. If it had been a significantly different itinerary, I still might have considered it, but a lot of it was similar. I still might, in a few years. Alaska is very, very cool.

I was not "offered" the loyalty discount. I asked about it, since I'd read other people saying they'd got it. She may have offered it to me later, but I'd already asked about it, so I'll never know. :)

I would definitely call back & ask them to apply the discount.

Sayhello

Follow-Up: I called ABD this morning and asked about the loyalty discount. The cast member I spoke with said that word had not definitively gone out until the end of the day yesterday that returning tour goers would get the discount, so they were going through all the 2009 reservations today and applying the discount where appropriate. She didn't even ask for my reservation number, she just assured me that the loyalty discount would be applied. We'll see when I get the materials, but it was pretty reassuring.

Follow-Up: I called ABD this morning and asked about the loyalty discount. The cast member I spoke with said that word had not definitively gone out until the end of the day yesterday that returning tour goers would get the discount, so they were going through all the 2009 reservations today and applying the discount where appropriate. She didn't even ask for my reservation number, she just assured me that the loyalty discount would be applied. We'll see when I get the materials, but it was pretty reassuring.
Good to know! Fingers & toes crossed for you.

Sayhello

Sayhello, Please keep us posted on your thought process as you go through the next two weeks. I too am interested in your change of heart. We've also calmed down over our initial dismay, but are now looking at Yosemite or Southwest Splendors.
You know, I'm going to be *really* happy after the 14-day period is over, and the final decision is made. I 95% know I want to take this trip. It's actually a really nice itinerary. I've looked at some other tour companies like Tauck, and their "similar" trips are way more expensive, and don't seem to "do" as much. But right now I have 2 issues running through my head.

1) I read that the reason they canceled the original Canadian Rockies trip after the first year was because Canada wouldn't let them run the tour with Disney trained Guides, and they had to rely on contractors who just weren't as good. Someone speculated if that was why the tour now starts in Montana, which would make sense. But I really need to call ABD and verify that. The Guides are DEFINITELY a HUGE part of why I'm booking this tour with ABD. If we're not going to have Disney Guides, I'm not doing this tour.

2) The first hotel we're in is "rustic", because it's an historic hotel. No A/C, teeny, tiny bathrooms, etc. But, from what I've read, that's pretty much true of all of the hotels in Glacier National Park. So I can live with that. Plus, the location is supposed to be to die for. But what bothers me is that the other hotel we're staying in, in Banff, is apparently not what I'd call a great hotel. I know there are nicer hotels in Banff, although I really don't know how much they cost, or how convenient they are. The hotel we'd be staying at is walking distance to downtown & the shops & restaurants, but off the street, so it's quiet. It just seems to me that if we're "roughing it" for the first 3 days, they could give us a little luxury in Banff. But that's definitely not as big an issue as the Guides issue.

I think I'm just enjoying driving myself insane...:headache: I've always wanted to go to Glacier, and to the Banff area. And this seems like a good trip. In some ways, having to make a decision "so quick" is both a blessing and a curse. It has to be decided one way or another soon, but if I had longer, I could just let it sit for a while, and not feel like I'm so "pressured" to decide... Comes with the territory, I guess!

ACK!
Sayhello

How are the decisions going now that the 14 days are up for some of you? Did most of you hold the trips you had booked, switch, or cancel? We are still deciding on Alaska or South Africa!

We kept our reservation. We are headed to Austria and the Czech Republic in September 2009. But, in just five short weeks, we will be en route to Germany on our very first ABD trip! Yah!

We changed the date but kept the trip. We leave on my daughter's last day of school to go on the June 16 Southwest Splendors trip.

Yay! We are on that Southwest Splendors trip, too! Myself, DH, and DD11 (by then)

Looking forward to meeting you!

Hey Arbonnette -

What date are you doing Knights & Lights? We are on the June 22nd tour.

How are the decisions going now that the 14 days are up for some of you? Did most of you hold the trips you had booked, switch, or cancel? We are still deciding on Alaska or South Africa!
So far, I'm pretty sure I'm keeping my Canadian Rockies reservation. It really is a great trip. And I got some great discounts. I'm still a bit iffy about the hotels, but that would be a silly reason to cancel...

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter