WHO YA GONNA CALL" 29 NIGHTS OF GHOSTBUSTERS, MONSTERS & MORE - A 2019 HHN/SFR/RPR TR

Regarding Lombardis, my family has been in the restaurant business for four generations and I would reach out to the general manager and send him or her an email explaining exactly what happened.

I suspect that the hostess had later reservations for the window seats which she should have explained to you.

The server's rude and obnoxious behavior was inexcusable.

Give the GM a chance to make this up to you guys. I'm sure the restaurant will want to make this right for you. I'll see if I can't find an email address for someone who I think is in corporate F&B for Universal.

right? Scream your lungs out if there's a real scare or on a roller coaster thrill ride. But some people are ridiculous about it. There's a ride at Disney I love called Soarin' and it's supposed to be uplifting and relaxing...it's not a scare or thrill ride. We were on once with several teen girls and they screamed literally at the top of their lungs from start to finish - didn't stop for a second. Totally drowned out the music and ruined the ride. I had a huge headache and my ears were ringing, as they were right next to us. I wouldn't have cared so much - except we waited an hour to get on it. :sad2:

Oh that’s not fun!

Yes, I remember Soarin and cannot imagine why anyone would scream their head off on that! Yes, it’s hardly a thrill ride.

I can imagine your head would be thumping listening to that. And to wait an hour.......incredibly annoying.

If it had been one of the genuinely scary houses I’d understand......but, teen girls!!!

Reactions: shh
Regarding Lombardis, my family has been in the restaurant business for four generations and I would reach out to the general manager and send him or her an email explaining exactly what happened.

I suspect that the hostess had later reservations for the window seats which she should have explained to you.

The server's rude and obnoxious behavior was inexcusable.

Give the GM a chance to make this up to you guys. I'm sure the restaurant will want to make this right for you. I'll see if I can't find an email address for someone who I think is in corporate F&B for Universal.

Thank you.......I’ve already given feed back :thumbsup2

We know the food and beverage overall manager very well. It’s just one of those things that happen and you move on. You’re correct, Universal and Loews are always lovely with making things right when things go wrong.

I couldn’t imagine every single window seat being reserved, yes, maybe some, and I agree, if this was the case a quick explanation would suffice.

Oh that’s not fun!

Yes, I remember Soarin and cannot imagine why anyone would scream their head off on that! Yes, it’s hardly a thrill ride.

I can imagine your head would be thumping listening to that. And to wait an hour.......incredibly annoying.

If it had been one of the genuinely scary houses I’d understand......but, teen girls!!!

I actually mentioned it on another forum post and immediately received several indignant replies - "people have a right to enjoy the ride anyway they wish - I scream on Soarin all the time"..."me and my girls always scream on that ride and next time we'll scream louder." "It's not a library"...and on and on. :rolleyes2:rolleyes2 It's amazing how some people think all that matters is their good time - no matter if it ruins things for others. But I digress...back to your TR!

We had ordered our food now, and I looked up and saw the waitress gesture over to us and say something, and the other person looked over to us from behind a door......so, I was done.

I would've walked out too, that was awful!

I have no clue about this guy below.............what was he and why was he there???

I know he was a fun dance partner......nope, no pictures of that!!!!

I had no idea what he was supposed to be either but he was my favorite! :rotfl:

We have a room where we watch the big screen for movies and such and I didn`t have movie themed items around the room and walls, so I purchased a few of these to put up.......I love the classic monster movies and they are still watchable today, and better than some of the movies offered today!!!!

I do have them up now and they look great framed and on the wall.......

I love it! We always think so alike! Josh and I decided to frame some horror movie posters when we moved in but we ended up buying some of those more canvas looking prints instead. We have one wall with some horror ones, one wall with Guardians of the Galaxy ones, and then just random ones in other places :laughing:

I actually mentioned it on another forum post and immediately received several indignant replies - "people have a right to enjoy the ride anyway they wish - I scream on Soarin all the time"..."me and my girls always scream on that ride and next time we'll scream louder." "It's not a library"...and on and on. :rolleyes2:rolleyes2 It's amazing how some people think all that matters is their good time - no matter if it ruins things for others. But I digress...back to your TR!

I agree, many folks don't give others a thought......so many entitled people around.

No, they don't have the right to scream in your ear.....little kids I can understand, but mid teens and older behaving like 5 year old aren't impressing anyone.

I would've walked out too, that was awful!

I had no idea what he was supposed to be either but he was my favorite! :rotfl:

I love it! We always think so alike! Josh and I decided to frame some horror movie posters when we moved in but we ended up buying some of those more canvas looking prints instead. We have one wall with some horror ones, one wall with Guardians of the Galaxy ones, and then just random ones in other places :laughing:

I think the older we get, the less tolerance I have for rudeness......hopefully it won`t happen again anywhere. I hate rudeness.

Wasn't he fabulous!!!! That dude could dance!!!!

lol.....I`ve never thought of doing that before till I saw them and had to have them.....but I do like the sound of canvas looking ones..... :thumbsup2

A shame Lombards was real miss for you this trip. I can’t imagine sitting there thru that type of service either. A shame as it’s a beautifuly designed restaurant. It has been decidedly hit or miss for us as to food quality but, thankfully, never service. Nice to hear the day shaped up very nicely.

re the robot in Hillybilly deluxe scare zone...I couldn’t place it either. Went back to room & googled after the first walk thru to try & figure it all out. Quite the disjointed but entertaining saga, only from the mind of Rob Zombie - an original for sure!

You must share how you manage to lug those glass bottles all the way home without breakage. I pack bubble wrap each trip, then pad them as best as I can, lastly set them in large zip bags. Still have issues now & again. Before the 3 oz TSA rule, no problem as a carryon.

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH

This morning we were up with the birds......well, I was......Tom of course tried to have an extra half hour......but with me rumbling around and accidentally on purpose making a lot of noise he didn't have much of a chance of getting back to sleep...…..

He did ask me very nicely, at one point....to go away and let him sleep a little longer...…….

Had he just met me????

Eventually, he gave in and got up and we got ready for breakfast. It did look to be a lovely day again....we were feeling very spoiled with the weather so far this trip. Past Septembers had been mixed at times, one year we did have a fait bit of rain, but last few years have been lovely.....

Breakfast was a quick affair this morning, we enjoyed our usual fare and after a quick chat headed down for the boat, which today was just waiting for us it seemed...…we got on the Capt set off immediately.....it is a nice little run to the parks on the boat, it doesn`t usually save you any time, but when it` hot like this, and we`re going to the Studios, the boat is our means of transport.

It is hot again, but there is also a little breeze today.....just a little, but it`s enough to notice it.

As we head into the park we chat to one of the managers in there we know and have known for years, we hadn't seen him this trip or the last one, so it was nice to catch up with a few things with him. We headed in to the park after our chat and straight through the store as always to cool down a little.

We sadly miss out Minions, and head straight for RRR. There is no line for EP this morning, but to be fair there`s hardly a regular line this early either. We get the second row today which is fine....and it`s almost as good as the front row, certainly not as bumpy as the back!!! I love this climb now......I do still get a bit nervous, but it`s more fun now than the first time. Now that was a nervous ride!!!

It`s complete fun though.....the first drop isn`t one of those that makes your stomach lurch, but it is an excellent drop. The rest of the ride is fun, although I do find the last twists and turns a bit rough no matter where you sit, but it is still easier when you are on the front seats.

i-c7Xt3sF-X2.jpg

Once is enough today on this one.

i-VLfvzq7-X2.jpg

i-4k4mB6H-X2.jpg

The bar where you can buy your HHN drinks looks so quiet during the day time. Usually there`s a line all the way to the end.....

i-9cNrDvw-X2.jpg

We always pop in to see the smaller of the Christmas stores......the smell is always tempting and so gorgeous....you can still get the personalised items done here, but they do have a slightly smaller range than the one in IOA.

i-DzKcgNm-X2.jpg

i-XxZVmqB-X2.jpg

i-RMqfck2-X2.jpg

i-9CwzkWF-X2.jpg

We have a quick ride on The Mummy...….this is one of our favourite rides in the parks. It`s a coaster, but more......completely themed to the movie and has moments you would recognise easily from the movie......

Not even the Medjai can save you now...…... :rotfl:

Love....love.....love this ride!!!! It has everything.........I think the drop and the fast coaster part is my favourite, although the theming is phenomenal......and look out for the nod to Kong in there somewhere......

Outside we were loving this weather.......it was hot, really hot for around 9.30ish but that little breeze was a godsend today.......I said we should head over to the lagoon as it is usually a little cooler......but of course we stopped for some pics as always.......I think i did manage to take one or two of Tom!!!

The sun was glaring right at me.....I think this is the only picture I`m not squeezing my eyes shut!!

i-89HPRSN-X2.jpg

We heard the music over the lagoon and saw they were practicing and altering the water show again today...….even during the day the water show is impressive.....it reminded us we still hadn`t caught the one for HHN yet. We would have to see it at some point.

i-gWKDkmc-X2.jpg

i-DksZDdv-X2.jpg

And it was a little cooler as we sat here...…..

i-RvLzvNf-X2.jpg

And I did manage to prise the camera out of Tom`s grip for one or two pictures today...….

i-69nf8cR-X2.jpg

Today we felt like taking the HE over to IOA...….we don't always spend time in both parks in the one day, but we just felt like it today.....it is an ideal way to get from one park to the other. You can of course walk as they aren`t that far apart and it doesn`t really take you that long even if you are at the back of the park to leave and go to the other......but the train is ideal. The regular line can get incredibly busy during peak time, but not today. They hadn`t even opened the EP line yet as there was no need.

i-QRp6mwW-X2.jpg

This is a massively popular part of taking the HE from the Studios to IOA........you can disappear into the wall the way Harry and co do in the movies. It can get backed up and most people are very patient as they want to do it to, but if you get someone who can`t wait, let them pass and then get your picture. Someone does need to stand back to do it though.....we don't usually bother now as we have a fair few of them, but today was so quiet we might as well take advantage.

Except of course, a million folks appeared behind Tom just as he was taking it...…lol....but we managed to get one or two.......

i-Jnk2cJd-X2.jpg

Once you`re actually in Platform 9 and 3/4 you get to see Hedwig and of course everyone looks for the sign and the train.......

i-sfcrkZM-X2.jpg

i-hcXPV62-X2.jpg

i-9HrSTTz-X2.jpg

We were put into areas to board and it wasn't long......we were in a full carriage today with a British family and a Japanese couple......and of course since the incident last year when the power failed, they tell you now the safety door release is under the seat nearest the window. So, at least you can open the door if it happened again, hopefully not.

i-2FNLk4G-X2.jpg

As we were waiting to pull out of the Station, I could vaguely hear music.......and I began to think, I`ve never noticed that before.....maybe I missed it and just haven`t noticed.......but I could see the same look on Tom`s face too........

Then the lady beside him opened her bag up......…lol...…her phone was playing something!!!! She laughed and said she wondered where the music was coming from too.......her granddaughter had been playing some game on it the night before and she must have pressed play while it was on her lap........it`s so easy done!!! But we all laughed about how we all thought the same thing......has that music always played in here!!!!

At this point the lady leaned over to me and said she had to just say she loved my trip reports.......How lovely!!!! Always happy to hear that.....and I was glad she had picked up a couple of tips........awww!!!

Her name was Julie and they were staying at the HRH.......so a big hello to Julie and family......hope you had a lovely rest of your trip......

It`s always lovely to meet someone who enjoys reading!!!

We got off and headed out to spend a little time in IOA.

More coming up........

Last edited:
Another great update, with a very upsetting experience in the restaurant. How awful and rude of them to treat you and Tom that way. I was pleased to see you up and left - no one needs to be treated so rudely.

Thanks April......I`m so glad you`re still enjoying it!

It wasn't the best experience, and usually I have a bigger mouth than the Grand Canyon.....but at the same time, I don't like unpleasantness....so it wasn't worth it. But I did let the right people know what happened.

We just won`t go back there for a while......and yes, I agree, no one should have to put up with rude people.

A shame Lombards was real miss for you this trip. I can’t imagine sitting there thru that type of service either. A shame as it’s a beautifuly designed restaurant. It has been decidedly hit or miss for us as to food quality but, thankfully, never service. Nice to hear the day shaped up very nicely.

re the robot in Hillybilly deluxe scare zone...I couldn’t place it either. Went back to room & googled after the first walk thru to try & figure it all out. Quite the disjointed but entertaining saga, only from the mind of Rob Zombie - an original for sure!

You must share how you manage to lug those glass bottles all the way home without breakage. I pack bubble wrap each trip, then pad them as best as I can, lastly set them in large zip bags. Still have issues now & again. Before the 3 oz TSA rule, no problem as a carryon.

Isn`t it just the most beautiful restaurant!!! We`ve been the opposite of you weirdly...... had hit and miss service there before, food has always been good though....yes, the day got better!!!

I just don't know Rob Zombie stuff.......so it was all a little alien to me...but yes, he certainly has an odd mind!!

Bubble wrap too!!! Lots and lots of bubble wrap and clothes......haven't thought of the zip bags though......hmmm. Fingers crossed we`ve had no breakages so far....even the mugs get well wrapped up :thumbsup2

Once off the train we did go to the front to get some pictures there.....not everyone does go get some pictures and just head straight out.

But, we like to catch a snap in front of the HE.

i-Kp7prbp-X2.jpg

Walking back out into the heat is lovely...…we had cooled down nicely and were ready to set out again.......

Hogsmeade is lovely........I`m not a manic fan who say you have to do one side or the other first as to how Harry made his journey, as long as you can see both, it`s all good. And the Castle of course is spectacular....but Hogsmeade itself is full of many interesting little touches that shouldn`t be missed. And you are completely and utterly immersed in these lands.

As we passed the train, we heard a voice say Tom. Now that is unusual.....we turned around and there was a man who still works for Tom`s company...…he was there was with his wife or girlfriend, and I always know when Tom has no memory of who someone is when he meets them......he doesn't automatically introduce me, complete giveaway of course.........but, I can tell with his demeanour…….

So, now I always lean forward, put out my hand and say I`m Carole....and you are...….

:rotfl:

There`s always been a bit of a stigma to just telling someone you`ve forgotten their name....not sure why, but yes, we don`t just do that and I`m not sure why. It wouldn`t bother me if someone told me they had forgotten my name and asked.

Although I have to admit.......I have no clue now either! But, they were lovely...…and were visiting for 11 nights, so trying to cram as much in as possible. We chatted for a few minutes and then we set off.......and marvelled how it was unusual for someone to call Tom`s name out.

Tom was just pleased I resisted my sometime response when introducing myself...….

:p

No, I wouldn't do that to him......and anyway, this guy was nice...…I keep that for others...…..lol......

Hogsmeade wasn`t too busy today.......Hagrid`s ride was showing 180 minutes and there was a constant line of people joining the line. Not today for us.

i-B6TxRVv-X2.jpg

i-C9WLzFX-X2.jpg

The castle is so impressive.…..and it strikes me every time I see it how imposing it is...….and although it`s nothing like it really, the way it`s propped on top of cliffs, it reminds me of what Edinburgh Castle sits on from certain angles......I guess JK got her ideas from that image a little.......

i-RvjW4Kk-X2.jpg

We don`t go in and do the ride today, instead we head round to Jurassic Park as we plan to do the ride here today...…and we hope to get soaked as it is hot!!!

i-RHgRw83-X2.jpg

There is hardly a line for it today, so we get on a half full boat, maybe just lucky as every other boat seemed to be almost full.

It is such a slow and relaxing start to the ride, and then of course it builds a little till you do that slow and steady climb in preparation for the fairly steep drop ahead. I always hate the noise in the climb, so fingers usually cover my ears. I don`t have particularly sensitive hearing, but it is incredibly loud as you climb.

The drop is fun.......we just wish it was longer and steeper......but as it is, we still enjoy it!!! And we half get soaked......we`ve been wetter and we`ve been drier...…it genuinely varies with every ride how wet or dry you are. Boat weight and distribution are everything.

There are dryers outside the water rides, but we never use them......the sun will dry us quick enough...….although the hair can`t really be helped right now...…….

Yes it was bad!!!! Thankfully I had a hat!!!

The JP store sells a lot of stuff......we very rarely pay attention to this store, but we wanted to have a drink so, we bottle of powerade and wandered around the store while we drank it.........I don`t think we`ve ever bought something from this store. Tom couldn't remember either....

i-P6cVD2p-X2.jpg

i-ztmKWTK-X2.jpg

We wandered down to watch the boats come down and the sun was beating on us so we would dry off quickly.......and yes, I took my hat off and it seemed to bake the hair and it expanded like a huge serving of cotton candy!!!! Hat back on quickly!!!

i-3Lp85NJ-X2.jpg

Once suitably dried off we headed to Kong and decided to do that one today........and this was what we loved more than anything.....wandering around the parks slowly and not having to do any ride if we didn't feel like it, or try to cram too much into a certain time frame.

i-pPQnW7d-X2.jpg

i-bz3rXCM-X2.jpg

Kong ride was a walk on for EP. Although again, the facial recognition didn`t like Tom`s try and asked him to do it again......eventually he let him go through as he could see clearly it was him on the screen.....just a lot of the top of his head!!!

The best rows on this ride are row 9 and anything behind.....anything further forward and you don`t get the best of views.......they`re fine of course, but the back 2 or 3 rows as far over as you can be are the best views. And we get row 11 today which is probably my favourite row.

The ride is good. Not great, and I`d never line up for it for any length of time for it, but we do enjoy it, and always keep your mouth closed or covered for most of the scenes......water does hit you and it`s always supposed to be something gross. But, it`s alright and Kong at the end is always nice to see, except of course when folks take pictures and flash in everyone`s face. Not cool.

We start to walk to the front of the park for some rides there now, and we see that Popeye is now back in his rightful place before you enter the ride, which sadly is closed for a while. So that also means you can`t get down to Me Ship the Olive which is a beautiful area to take pictures from.

i-G4jGf2S-X2.jpg

Blondie`s we haven`t eaten in for years. But they do good sandwiches and have the Dagwood which is a popular choice.

i-DKWrdNc-X2.jpg

i-T8ppjCw-X2.jpg

As we turn to go Doom and Hulk, we are just in time for the Super Heroes on their vehicles.......Capt America did wave to Tom but he just missed it.......these guys are amazing and love the vehicles!!!

i-SVJHZgh-X2.jpg

i-8nPDmF4-X2.jpg

i-8fQzT9t-X2.jpg

We would both love to have a go on one of these for some fun!!!!

i-dLzCDfJ-X2.jpg

We had eaten at Confisco Grille already and did plan to eat there again later in the trip, and today we were going offsite for lunch...…..but this place, I cannot recommend highly enough.

i-KWj2T5H-X2.jpg

Croissant Moon Bakery is also attached to Confisco, and again, it`s been years since we ate there, but you do get some lovely croissant sandwiches and desserts in there.

i-x5jgC6D-X2.jpg

And again, a couple of images from POE.

i-RmVg3Zh-X2.jpg

i-6dHJnsJ-X2.jpg

More coming up..........

We headed out of the park and stood to admire one of my favourite views around.......it is so beautiful.

i-znVFkRr-X2.jpg

i-GVTT2bP-X2.jpg

Toothsome, although we don't eat there, the building is impressive to look at, and it is always worth a wander around inside. Citywalk has so many lovely places to choose from.

i-tvvPzzJ-X2.jpg

i-SvCGgLR-X2.jpg

We got back home after a slow meander back along the water path......it was too hot to walk any quicker to be honest. We got back to our room and jumped in the shower first and foremost...…my hair had now taken on a life of it`s own for one!!!

Tom picked up the car keys and we headed out to the car park and set off down to LBV where we fancied eating lunch at Smokey Bones.

It had been at least two or three years since we had come here and I`m not sure why as food is always good here. But, lunch was usually fairly quiet so we knew it wouldn't be too busy, especially as we were a little later today.

i-hVK869s-X2.jpg

The place was almost deserted which was unusual......and we did initially worry if it had gone downhill since we were last there...…..but a few folks had come in while we were there too.

Both of us ordered blackberry lemonades and we had a look at the rather large menu......

i-LcqsBhB-X2.jpg

They had changed the building since we were last in, it`s much more open and no barriers between the tables. I did used to like some of the signs they had up on their walls...…some were fairly humourous.......about vegetarianism and such.....well, I liked them!!!

i-KsHVrfF-X2.jpg

i-LDn5KCj-X2.jpg

We didn`t feel overly hungry so didn't go for the burgers or anything too filling, I chose the lunch pulled pork sandwich with just coleslaw as a side and Tom went for a mix of spicy and some other flavour of wings....with honey mustard as his dip.

i-KzSrJhB-X2.jpg

i-w7bVbjx-X2.jpg

I did like their sauces that sat on the tables......very tasty and one was particularly nice, but of course, not quite spicy enough.

The pulled pork and the wings were both delicious. We were glad we had come here today.....and I was glad to see it did get busier. It`s always worrying when somewhere is empty.......

i-QXskKKm-X2.jpg

i-FmLmpgG-X2.jpg

We got back in the car and bumped the aircon up to almost full!! Hot didn't begin to describe it today.

i-zDLPQGj-X2.jpg

Yep, I was glad we weren`t still in the park at this point. But, we drove home and my big plan for the next hour or so was to do some laundry.....

i-zqJPDzP-X2.jpg

Yes, laundry is completely boring!!!

But, RP laundry room is ample, it has three washers and three dryers, change machine for quarters and a machine for powder and dryer sheets.

You do need your room key to enter these rooms.

i-LMMPrMg-X2.jpg

And you can conveniently pay by card too.

i-B4b4JBp-X2.jpg

i-vbX3FxJ-X2.jpg

It doesn`t really take long. Washer takes 45 minutes and dryer up to an hour. I always leave the laundry and go back up to the room or Club Lounge while it`s doing either.....maybe too trusting, but it`s always been fine.

Once it`s done we head up to the lounge to sit for a while and I have a couple of glasses of wine while Tom sticks to sprite.

It was lovely tonight, Kayla was here again and we had a good chat and a good giggle too.

Our number two son was also working tonight, so it`s always fun to see him too. We`ve known Colby since he started which was a long time ago and he does call us his second parents.......he`s more or less the same age as Kyle, but so different in many ways!!!

We pop back down to the room to drop off the ipads and the lady is in doing turn down service, so I say excuse me and just drop it off quickly and thank her before we set off again.

Hot n Juicy Crawfish is our destination this evening.

We discovered this place in the couple of years and it has always been fabulous. Simple concept of good seafood by the lb and all served up in bags which it has been cooked in...…and it is amazingly good!!!

i-9XwVnD3-X2.jpg

i-PdsR6sB-X2.jpg

i-MkXT9Gb-X2.jpg

It`s only on Sand Lake Road, so not very far and is usually packed depending on what time you arrive. It`s not too bad tonight and we are seated with no wait.

We ask our waitress if Sammie is around, she says she`s not sure and will check. Sammie used to work in Strong Water and left to be assistant manager here.....really lovely girl.

It`s a lovely place with a very friendly feel and service is always top notch.....the menu is really lovely with plenty of seafood to choose from, but tonight Tom and I go for the simple option and we both order a pound of shrimp, mine is extra spicy, Tom`s just medium and we both opt for their hot n juicy seasoning....there are many options for seasonings, and all sound delicious.

The shrimp come with head, tails, the lot on it...…which is why you wear a bib, have plastic gloves if you wish and have a bucket on the table for all the shells and the rest.....there`s also a large roll of like kitchen towels to use to wipe your hands as you go along.....and you do need it.....it can get very messy.....white tops aren`t a good idea here......

After we ordered Sammie appeared and it was so lovely to see her, and we were happy to hear she is doing great here with the company. There are a few similar places opening up with the same idea as this one, but we said we would stick to this one a sit was more or less the first in the area, and what`s not to like with the excellent food and service.

Our food arrived and we said we`d see her before we left.......

The bag once opened releases an amazing aroma.....and also causes a lot of messy fingers.......so we took this picture and then put the camera away.......

i-ZdPR7sp-X2.jpg

They were divine. Absolutely gorgeous and so full of flavour........mine were indeed extra spicy and Tom`s were perfect for him. We didn`t order any sides tonight as this was usually enough and we had a late lunch......but they do have amazingly good fries here. Cajun or plain.

We savoured every single mouthful and yes, a lot of lip licking went on.....truly gorgeous. I also loved to watch any kids that were in master the art of cracking crab or lobster claws like an expert!!!! I still struggle doing that.....

Hands all washed in the bathroom, we paid the check and asked for Sammie again just to say goodbye for a while. I know we won`t visit in our next trip as Kyle doesn`t like all the shells and stuff on food, he likes his readily prepared and ready to eat...…lol......so we said we`d see her in May no doubt. But, it had been nice to see her tonight.

We popped into Publix for a few things and I do like this store. It`s so much nicer than Wal-Mart, we don`t mind Wal-Mart at all, but it`s just nicer here for some reason.

Americans may wonder why we take pictures of grocery store items......but it is so different to what we have.

i-knZkVxJ-X2.jpg

I`ve never seen a bakery display like this in a grocery store.....I know someone who would adore that chocolate cake on the bottom shelf!!!

i-pXngpxK-X2.jpg

That scene always makes me think of Kyle and his dad with one of my cakes!!!! As long as it`s chocolate of course.......

The seafood alone makes me so envious!!! We are lucky where we live we do ahve some lovely local crab and such, and in Scotland we have some amazing seafood.....but it`s usually double or triple the cost of here........

i-XwjvbWn-X2.jpg

Again, the different flavours you guys get over here is surprising......we tend to get the basic ginger ale and that's it. I didn`t even know they did all those flavours.

i-wj8kpbG-X2.jpg

Our purchases made, we got back in the car to go back home. It was early yet, so we weren`t ready to call it a night yet, but we went back into the lobby and we had already been told they were going to be starting the lobby desk renovations tonight and would be working their way along the next days coming.

So, we weren`t surprised to see this when we walked through the lobby this evening, and we knew it was going to match the already completed Concierge desk.

i-6mCZ7zq-X2.jpg

Up in the room our turndown lady had left us extra water which was nice of her, so we popped it in the fridge along with some of our purchases........and wondered what to do now.

We did consider going into Citywalk to Margaritaville for a drink, but in all honesty, we just wanted to stay in the hotel......so we decided to go down to Jake`s and have a drink there.....and Tom decided he felt a little peckish at this point.

His wings hadn`t been a huge portion, and as we had no sides with the shrimp, I felt too I could have something else, but definitely something light.

We get a table and don`t even look at the menu......and our waiter smiles as he approaches our table...….

Yes, our waiter who knows us gives us the are you having crawfish chowder......again...….

i-zLjcBTN-X2.jpg

It is so good, and just enough when you want something but not too much.....and tonight it is peppery and just how we like it.....and also full of crawfish!!

Tom orders a beer for a change, and I have a malbec which is lovely in here.

i-n23KdtW-X2.jpg

i-57Gh5QF-X2.jpg

It is nice in here......usually for a drink we just sit at the bar, but a table is ideal tonight.

After our chowder I ask if they have any of the coconut ice cream again. It`s usually served in Islands, but we have had it in here before....he says he`ll go check, and soon comes back and tells us yep, they do have it.

We ask for two scoops and two spoons........

i-P2xsbWd-X2.jpg

The ice cream is beautiful. It`s one of my favourite flavours of ice cream and this one is particularly nice. And it`s hard to share it.....lol.....

We finish it and sit for another hour or so just chatting, passing the evening and enjoying our glass of wine and beer. It was fairly quiet or we would have given up the table if it was needed and gone to the bar, but there was no need.

Around 11pm, we decided it was time for bed and headed up, we did meet someone we know in the lobby so chatted to her for a while about the refurb and so on......we couldn`t wait to see it finished.

Up in our room I did open the drapes again as I like to see the park lights at night......it is pretty.

It was more or less straight to bed tonight.....we did put the tv on in the bedroom for half an hour as I caught up with emails and so on.

But, it was soon lights out and ready to start another day soon.

The Publix Bakery is so good. Love it. It is so tempting to walk through.

They have a great grab and go section too.

Oh we did see the grab and go stuff.......the subs looked so good and the salads too!! If we had a villa, I know when I’d be shopping!

Yes, the bakery stuff looked lovely. We did try their Dutch Apple Pie once, it was delicious!

I do the same thing! My poor husband never forgets a face, but he's hopeless with names!!!

I have this crawfish chowder on my list for our June trip!!!

lol......I used to say it was a man thing, but recently it’s happened to me......I always say I never forget a name......saw a woman in the grocery store I use periodically and she said hello to me and walked on.....I know her, but don’t know how I know her or remember her name.....although if I see her again, I will ask her.......

Crawfish Chowder is heavenly!!! You’ll love it.....I’m sure of it ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter