• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Who would you buy your park tickets from**

Who do you buy your park tickets from

• American Attractions

• Attraction Tickets Direct

• Orlando Attractions

• Orlando Ticket Deals

• Travel Republic

• Travel Agent

• Direct from the supplier (Disney, Universal, Seaworld etc)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pegasus928

DIS Veteran
As I run a thread monthly(ish) highlighting the best prices around for park tickets I am interested to know if it has any impact on where you get your tickets from.
The list I produce includes vendors that are regularly referenced in Dis threads as being dependable, value for money and someone that you would recommend to a friend or relative, so I am including all of those in the poll. The is also an option for 'Other' and it is up to you to decide if you want to elaborate on that in the thread.
Please feel free to inculde reasons why you would choose a particular company, and also why you wouldn't buy from anyone in particular if you feel that is relevant.
The more information we can provide to Dissers to help them protect their hard earned cash the better in my opinion.

I used FloridaTix for my next trip, main reasons were...
Real Tickets
Took AMEX (So I can collect VS points)
Recorded delivery, delivery... took 2 working days on "standard delivery"
Option to purchace ticket cancellation insurance

lastly..

Prices were around the average

Since having a near miss with both a ticket supplier and villa agent going out of business shortly after our return from one of our WDW holidays I no longer think a small saving is worth the risk when compared to we have paid for the rest of the holiday.

I had had very good service and savings from our ticket supplier and would have recommended them to anyone - but they went out of business so quickly it was quite a shock.

last couple of trips we had to use Virgin to get the free dining BUT we used Maple Leaf in the past and had the most amazing service from them. Would highly recommend them and when free dining disappears we will switch allegiance again to them :)

Used Orlando attractions the past few years and have again purchased from them for this years holiday.

we bought our Disney tickets driect from disney this time due to a good cashback offer via quidco. Last time we used ATD due to price.

Four years ago we used our local TA as they had good prices on Base tickets which were what we wanted that time around.

We are still to purchase our Universal tickets for August but will decide mainly on price but will also take into account recommendations made

Ive used quite a few of those places over the years. Im not too bothered about buying from a main supplier, provided that the reseller is reputable. I always use a credit card and if the accept Amex soo much the better so i can collect a few more Virgin miles :)

Have used orlandoattractions but this yr florida escapes are cheaper for ultimates:thumbsup2

i've only purchased UK tickets once (the 14 day ultimates)..
it was two or three years ago and i purchased them from attractions tickets direct..

the service was very prompt..

they sent actual tickets (not vouchers).

is that true of all the companies? actual tickets?

I like to get mine straight from the source. But then there are only two of us so the savings wouldn't amount to that much. I may shop around more with a bigger group and/or several different park tickets

i've only purchased UK tickets once (the 14 day ultimates)..
it was two or three years ago and i purchased them from attractions tickets direct..

the service was very prompt..

they sent actual tickets (not vouchers).

is that true of all the companies? actual tickets?
No not all send actual tickets, if you look at the FAQ's at the site your on, it usually tells you whether they are actual tickets or not :)

I have used mainly disney but have used Virgin holidays, and more recently travel repulic

We used American Attractions as we were getting Universal, Seaworld and Disney tickets and these guys worked out with the best price.
We got real tickets sent by recorded delivery

Have used OrlandoAttractions and Undercover for the last few visits - no probs with either, real tickets and always arrived on time.

just bought mine today from online florida , best price today for what I wanted fingers crossed they arrive on my door in the next couple of days . Very nervous and getting anything big on the internet as I was one of the peps that lost all our $ from crown currency two weeks before we where going to florida last year ( still not recived a penny back )

Other, usually get the dis tickets from Walmart as we only ever need base tickets, we have loads of left over water park tickets going back to the 80's that we use up now.

I would go other, purely because I always shop around, but I now always go for someone showing ATOL and ABTA protection, after we almost got caught out with car hire 3 years when XL went bust, thankfully Dollar were able to honour our booking, as we were ATOL protected, we didn't even know the company we booked with was part of XL. The ATOL thing might not make a difference to park tickets (I don't know,) but it makes me feel better knowing they are members.

Last year our Disney 14 day Ultimates were purchased direct from Disney, as at the time of booking, they were the cheapest, but I bought our Universal/IOA passes from Travel Republic. Really is where I can get the best deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter