Who is visiting Mickey in March???

Bump!

TWO sleeps... TWO sleeps!! :woohoo: Oh my goodness, I can't stand the anticipation. I don't know if I'm more excited about going to Disneyland or telling my girls that they are going to Disneyland.

What's everyone's countdowns at now?

I'm trying to watch the weather forecast for next week but it changes daily. Originally it was going to be hot all week. Now the hottest day, our first day Sunday, is only 23C (73F) and it cools down to 18C (67F) with rain, and WAY cooler at night. Still not sure how to pack for that. I think we'll live in shorts and capris and bring sweaters for the evenings I guess. Maybe we'll bring one pair of pants, just in case.

Should I pick up ponchos before we go or hold off? I have no idea...?

Did I mention TWO sleeps?

We just got home last Saturday. We had some decent days around 70, but there were days when it was cold--highs in the upper 50's. No matter what the high temp was, though, as soon as the sun started going down, it was bloody cold (and we are from Washington State, not somewhere hot). At night--after about 5 p.m. (I guess 6 p.m. now with daylight savings time), we needed layers, including heavy winter coats and gloves. I wish I would have brought a winter hat, too! I would definitely bring more than 1 pair of pants and plan on going back to change every night. During the day, I was very comfortable in capris, t-shirt, fleece jacket, and a lightweight wind-breaker type jacket over that to take on and off. I brought ponchos, and it did rain a little, but we managed to avoid most of it and didn't use the ponchos. Saw tons of people in them, though, so if you have cheap ones already, I would pack them. Otherwise just buy them at Disney if you need them.

Enjoy, you will have a ball regardless of the weather!! There are lots of great indoor things to do when it rains . . . our favorite is the animation building in California Adventure. Tons of fun there and totally inside.

We still have 10 days to go :eek: It seems like it is forever away, but I know it'll be here in no time! I have started to watch the forecast, but I'm also struggling with what to pack. :confused3 We continue on to Aulani so I'm really hoping not to pack a lot of heavy clothes!

We're going on the 19th-21st. It's only been about 4 years since my last trip, but it will be my almost-3-year-old's first time. Can't wait!

:welcome: how fun to have a first trip for your little one!

Bump!

TWO sleeps... TWO sleeps!! :woohoo: Oh my goodness, I can't stand the anticipation. I don't know if I'm more excited about going to Disneyland or telling my girls that they are going to Disneyland.

What's everyone's countdowns at now?

I'm trying to watch the weather forecast for next week but it changes daily. Originally it was going to be hot all week. Now the hottest day, our first day Sunday, is only 23C (73F) and it cools down to 18C (67F) with rain, and WAY cooler at night. Still not sure how to pack for that. I think we'll live in shorts and capris and bring sweaters for the evenings I guess. Maybe we'll bring one pair of pants, just in case.

Should I pick up ponchos before we go or hold off? I have no idea...?

Did I mention TWO sleeps?

can't tell your excited at all :rotfl2: :dance3:

this is what I brought for our trip....pair of jeans, couple pairs of shorts, short sleeve shirts and sweatshirts...am is cooler and definately after the sun goes down it gets pretty chilly, I even wore gloves one night...if the rain is going to be a higher percentage I'd bring a poncho or rain jacket too!

Will pack ponchos ;)
Just one more week!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

We still have 10 days to go :eek: It seems like it is forever away, but I know it'll be here in no time! I have started to watch the forecast, but I'm also struggling with what to pack. :confused3 We continue on to Aulani so I'm really hoping not to pack a lot of heavy clothes!

the 10 days will go quick! see my above post...layers are your friends :goodvibes we were in HI last April and wore a sweater at night some nights!

we are at 15 days until we go again :dance3: still to early to stalk the weather, probably packing the same as before, with an extra outfit since we are going 5 days this time!

We went last week. We took my mom and it was her first trip there since my first trip at xmas 1973!
It was my mom, me and my 3 kids 8,7,4. 4 yr old is in a cast so that worked well for Fantasyland and getting on rides rather quickly. We used the wide right at carsland and it was great. woo hoo.
It was suppose to be partly sunny but was mostly cloudy and definitely cooler in the evening. I think we hit the last nicer day and got colder as the week went. Crowds weren't too bad. Max wait was 20 min for Space. And we did CL twice.

We just got home last Saturday. We had some decent days around 70, but there were days when it was cold--highs in the upper 50's. No matter what the high temp was, though, as soon as the sun started going down, it was bloody cold (and we are from Washington State, not somewhere hot). At night--after about 5 p.m. (I guess 6 p.m. now with daylight savings time), we needed layers, including heavy winter coats and gloves. I wish I would have brought a winter hat, too! I would definitely bring more than 1 pair of pants and plan on going back to change every night. During the day, I was very comfortable in capris, t-shirt, fleece jacket, and a lightweight wind-breaker type jacket over that to take on and off. I brought ponchos, and it did rain a little, but we managed to avoid most of it and didn't use the ponchos. Saw tons of people in them, though, so if you have cheap ones already, I would pack them. Otherwise just buy them at Disney if you need them.

Enjoy, you will have a ball regardless of the weather!! There are lots of great indoor things to do when it rains . . . our favorite is the animation building in California Adventure. Tons of fun there and totally inside.

Oh wow... thanks for letting me know that! We'll definitely plan warmer clothes then.

I had managed to get everything into two carry-ons and one suitcase. I was already a little concerned about souveniors (I have a duffle bag for return trip, but that was it.) Now, I think that I'm going to go ahead and bring a second suitcase with some warmer clothes. I know I'm overpacking, and I hate paying for more luggage. However, in the words of my DH, "I'm already spending so much money on this trip, what's another $50 if it makes it less stressful?"

Only one more work day, then saturday we pack and sunday we drive. My family is very excited. DL days M-Th and then universal on fri-sat for daughter's dance team event. My son asked me if we were going to Club 33. :) I don't even know how or where he would have heard about that, he is 9! I told him we were going to Carthay instead and he was cool. I think he was looking at the different tours is all i can figure. We go to napa rose every visit but are branching out this time. We will hop some, but in general:

Monday DL and dinner at Cafe Orleans
Tues DCA and first time at Carsland and first at Carthay for dinner
Wed DL and lunch at the Bayou
Thurs DL magic morning and daughter appt at blue bayou

A lot of first times this trip. Aladdin, Billy Hill, BBB, Carsland, Carthay, Fantasy Faire, meet Merida (daughter fave), first stay at BWPPI

I hope everyone else has or had a great March trip!

Okay. I officially give up on the weather. One website says hot the first day, cold and rainy by the end. Others says warm and sunny all the way through. I'm just going to Fedex my dresser to the hotel!

Kidding... but seriously, this is so hard to pack for! We still haven't gotten ponchos and don't think we will. One website is calling for rain our last 2 days but 3 others are calling for sun. I think we'll bring warmer clothes than originally planned though. An extra pair of pants and warmer sweaters. Especially for my skinny little one who gets colder quicker than us tougher old people.

ONE more day :banana:. We leave tomorrow bright and early, starting with our 3 hour drive to Seattle. We don't have any idea what the borders will look like since the recent cuts in the US will apparently affect them so we'll leave lots of room to cross. Can't wait to tell the kids first thing!

We are currently driving back from two amazing days at DLR, and I plan on doing a trip report but I had to share this..... I did not know we would be celebrating when our day at DCA began yesterday :)

0LUHcEj.jpg

We are currently driving back from two amazing days at DLR, and I plan on doing a trip report but I had to share this..... I did not know we would be celebrating when our day at DCA began yesterday :)

0LUHcEj.jpg

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

0LUHcEj.jpg

Congratulations!! :love: What an incredible place to get engaged! Can't wait to hear the story!

I had managed to get everything into two carry-ons and one suitcase. I was already a little concerned about souveniors (I have a duffle bag for return trip, but that was it.) Now, I think that I'm going to go ahead and bring a second suitcase with some warmer clothes. I know I'm overpacking, and I hate paying for more luggage. However, in the words of my DH, "I'm already spending so much money on this trip, what's another $50 if it makes it less stressful?"

good idea to bring an extra bag...your DH is pretty smart :thumbsup2

Only one more work day, then saturday we pack and sunday we drive. My family is very excited. DL days M-Th and then universal on fri-sat for daughter's dance team event. My son asked me if we were going to Club 33. :) I don't even know how or where he would have heard about that, he is 9! I told him we were going to Carthay instead and he was cool. I think he was looking at the different tours is all i can figure. We go to napa rose every visit but are branching out this time. We will hop some, but in general:

Monday DL and dinner at Cafe Orleans
Tues DCA and first time at Carsland and first at Carthay for dinner
Wed DL and lunch at the Bayou
Thurs DL magic morning and daughter appt at blue bayou

A lot of first times this trip. Aladdin, Billy Hill, BBB, Carsland, Carthay, Fantasy Faire, meet Merida (daughter fave), first stay at BWPPI

I hope everyone else has or had a great March trip!

safe travels down! enjoy Carthay, need to hear all about it, we went back and forth whether to go there or not, decided not to this trip!
wow lots of firsts! have done all but carthay and meeting Merida (doing that in two weeks) get to rope drop early for both Carsland and Fantasy Faire its CRAZY!!! if you can go early to Billy Hill too so you can get a front table, they are a fun group of guys!

Okay. I officially give up on the weather. One website says hot the first day, cold and rainy by the end. Others says warm and sunny all the way through. I'm just going to Fedex my dresser to the hotel!

Kidding... but seriously, this is so hard to pack for! We still haven't gotten ponchos and don't think we will. One website is calling for rain our last 2 days but 3 others are calling for sun. I think we'll bring warmer clothes than originally planned though. An extra pair of pants and warmer sweaters. Especially for my skinny little one who gets colder quicker than us tougher old people.

ONE more day :banana:. We leave tomorrow bright and early, starting with our 3 hour drive to Seattle. We don't have any idea what the borders will look like since the recent cuts in the US will apparently affect them so we'll leave lots of room to cross. Can't wait to tell the kids first thing!

I usually just check the WeatherChannel.com...better to be prepared though I guess! safe travels to Seattle, wave to us when you go through Everett! good luck at the border!

0LUHcEj.jpg

looks like we have a new :bride: to be on the DIS :goodvibes Congratulations to you both!!! love your ring! can't wait to hear how he proposed :)

0LUHcEj.jpg

That's one heck of a rock! Congrats! I love proposal stories, let us know how it went when you can :D

What was I thinking?!? DD asked two friends over for a movie & sleepover tonight. One of them lives an hour away, so after a night of what I'm sure won't be much sleep, we'll have a two hour car trip Saturday. Then, we'll need to leave our house at 3 a.m. Sunday for the airport. We have booked the Fantasmic dessert party, so we won't get to bed until at least 10 (midnight our time) on Sunday. Nothing like starting the week out exhausted! :rotfl:

safe travels down! enjoy Carthay, need to hear all about it, we went back and forth whether to go there or not, decided not to this trip!
wow lots of firsts! have done all but carthay and meeting Merida (doing that in two weeks) get to rope drop early for both Carsland and Fantasy Faire its CRAZY!!! if you can go early to Billy Hill too so you can get a front table, they are a fun group of guys!

OK, right when I thought I had it all together, I get a curveball. Fantasy Faire at rope drop? I thought that they did not open this until an hour after park opening? I don't think we will go from rope drop straight to the princesses. We will probably want to hit Peter Pan and Space Mountain and then head there. DL is our first day. Tuesday we will hit DCA at rope drop and head to Carsland.

Thanks everyone!!! Planning on writing my TR tonight. Long engagement story short though: the 'Kiss the Girl' scene on Ariel's Undersea Adventure. The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie, so it was very appropriate:)

We are arriving tonight...actually supposed to be there now, but our flight has been delayed by at least 3 hours! Ugh...delaying my Disney fix!

OK, right when I thought I had it all together, I get a curveball. Fantasy Faire at rope drop? I thought that they did not open this until an hour after park opening? I don't think we will go from rope drop straight to the princesses. We will probably want to hit Peter Pan and Space Mountain and then head there. DL is our first day. Tuesday we will hit DCA at rope drop and head to Carsland.

I'd get in line ASAP for fantasy faire...it sounds like the lines will be even worse than the old version....you're right that it doesn't open until one hour after park opening, hope you don't have to wait too long!

Thanks everyone!!! Planning on writing my TR tonight. Long engagement story short though: the 'Kiss the Girl' scene on Ariel's Undersea Adventure. The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie, so it was very appropriate:)

so sweet! sounds like your guy was very romantic :goodvibes

We are arriving tonight...actually supposed to be there now, but our flight has been delayed by at least 3 hours! Ugh...delaying my Disney fix!

oh no, hope you are on your way now! have a great time once you get there!

:lovestruc I got chills just reading this short version! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter