Who is visiting Mickey in March???

We leave on Saturday :cool1::cool1:! The kids still have no idea... so far we've managed to keep the secret. Not well mind you, we flubbed a few times but the important thing is, they didn't catch on. :thumbsup2

5 more days of secret keeping and then we can blow their socks off! :eek: They are going to be so excited... maybe not quite as excited as dh and I but close :rotfl2:

I had a bone scan done this morning so I'm officially radioactive :furious:... could make for a fun border crossing on Saturday. Fingers crossed it wears off by then but if not, the little "excuse my radioactive body" card I got will hopefully clear me.

Any news on the crowds this week? I'm assuming they will be similar next week so I'd be curious to know. These 2 weeks are the "early Spring Breakers...".

Yay for just 5 more days of secret keeping! I have just one more day--not counting the rest of today and part of Wednesday--LOL!!! Will they really notice you being radioactive at the border?

Yay for just 5 more days of secret keeping! I have just one more day--not counting the rest of today and part of Wednesday--LOL!!! Will they really notice you being radioactive at the border?

:cool1: One more day!!? You must be so excited!

Oh yes, they have all sorts of scanning equipment before you hit the border, one of which is scanning for radiation (us Canadians are very dangerous ;)). Apparently there are plenty of lights, sirens and guards with guns when you set it off... lol. Should be fun!

Just two weeks left! My friend and I arrive on the 26th for a three days girls trip to Disneyland. This will be our second annual Spring Break Disney trip. We're alternating coasts. Last year we did WDW.:thumbsup2

:cool1: One more day!!? You must be so excited!

Oh yes, they have all sorts of scanning equipment before you hit the border, one of which is scanning for radiation (us Canadians are very dangerous ;)). Apparently there are plenty of lights, sirens and guards with guns when you set it off... lol. Should be fun!

That is crazy! I had no idea they looked for that. You Canadians must be dangerous :rotfl:

Yes, one more day--sort of. We are leaving Wednesday afternoon, so if I don't count today and don't count Wednesday, I only have tomorrow left. Not telling them until they find their autograph books in their carseats ideally, hope it works out that way. :goodvibes

We got home late Saturday night from a fabulous trip to DLR! The weather got worse as the week progresses, but being Western Washingtonians, we didn't mind too much until Friday when it got downright cold, rainy and breezy off and on. The mid-60's we had much of the week were great, though, by my standards! ;-) Crowds were pretty quiet until Friday afternoon/evening, as I expected. No major problems with entering the parks, although we did early entry every day and were always the first or second people at the gate. We did RSR probably 6+ times. Wide right works great, although definitely quite a few people know this trick and it is pretty intense. Single rider line worked great as well, and we were easily able to get FP's being in the park early. I lined up 15-30 minutes before regular guests came in.

That is all I can think of at the moment . . . we were gone 11 days total and I am still trying to recoup! :-) Hope everyone who travels soon has a wonderful time! Weather looks like it will be hot and sunny now!

denluvsdisney said:
Leaving for the airport tomorrow morning. Will be at the parks after an hour flight, shuttle ride, and hotel check-in. I didn't want to drive this year from east side of AZ.

Coming from the west side this week :) I'm driving. Between parking, security, flight, shuttle I thought it would take about the same amount of time.
Maybe next time... I'm getting AP passes when we go.

We leave on Saturday :cool1::cool1:! The kids still have no idea... so far we've managed to keep the secret. Not well mind you, we flubbed a few times but the important thing is, they didn't catch on. :thumbsup2

5 more days of secret keeping and then we can blow their socks off! :eek: They are going to be so excited... maybe not quite as excited as dh and I but close :rotfl2:

I had a bone scan done this morning so I'm officially radioactive :furious:... could make for a fun border crossing on Saturday. Fingers crossed it wears off by then but if not, the little "excuse my radioactive body" card I got will hopefully clear me.

Any news on the crowds this week? I'm assuming they will be similar next week so I'd be curious to know. These 2 weeks are the "early Spring Breakers...".

you've last this long keeping the secret...hang tough for the next 5 days!

oh my, hope the scan comes back clean :goodvibes
is a bit strange that it will be a concern at the border, never knew they did that...guess it makes sense so no one smuggles in radioactive contraband!

Flying from england and spending 2 days in Universal and 3 days in disneyland 27-29 march want to see cars land so looking forward to it

:welcome: you will love Carsland!

We got home late Saturday night from a fabulous trip to DLR! The weather got worse as the week progresses, but being Western Washingtonians, we didn't mind too much until Friday when it got downright cold, rainy and breezy off and on. The mid-60's we had much of the week were great, though, by my standards! ;-) Crowds were pretty quiet until Friday afternoon/evening, as I expected. No major problems with entering the parks, although we did early entry every day and were always the first or second people at the gate. We did RSR probably 6+ times. Wide right works great, although definitely quite a few people know this trick and it is pretty intense. Single rider line worked great as well, and we were easily able to get FP's being in the park early. I lined up 15-30 minutes before regular guests came in.

That is all I can think of at the moment . . . we were gone 11 days total and I am still trying to recoup! :-) Hope everyone who travels soon has a wonderful time! Weather looks like it will be hot and sunny now!

welcome home...hope you are getting back to normal!
sorry we didn't run into you all last weekend...the weather was great at the beginning of the week wasn't it, loved the sunshine! looking forward to using the EMH each day on our next trip!

AZlady, usually we drive, but this year I didn't want to. My stepfather is dropping us off at Sky Harbor and my husband will pick us up. Have fun when you go.

I'll be going at the end of March over Easter! I have a question for any seasoned spring break Disneyland-goers, particularly for Easter weekend. My family and I are quite used to the crowds during Christmas week (like where the wait for basically any given ride is an hour or longer), as that is really the only time we go, how do the spring break crowds compare? I've read a lot about how crowded it is during this time, so I was just wondering is it any worse than the holidays or is it better?

Just got back yesterday night for a short 2 day trip to Disneyland. It was very fun and we got to do all the rides we want to do (minus the ones that were closed.) Friday wasn't very busy but it picked up in the nighttime but it was tolerable. Sunday was very busy but was tolerable.

Hope everyone who is going soon has a great time :)

Glad you had a fun time! We are leaving on Friday! We will be visiting Disneyland on Saturday. It will be my first time back in almost 30 years (I last visited when I was 8) Hard to believe it is almost here. This will be my husband and kids first time! Very excited!

denluvsdisney said:
AZlady, usually we drive, but this year I didn't want to. My stepfather is dropping us off at Sky Harbor and my husband will pick us up. Have fun when you go.

Going without hubby also!! It's great. My only issue last year was the drive home , I was exhausted. ! ( so this year I paid CCI for a late check out and hope to get an extra few hours of sleep)
Have fun!

DBF and I were in the parks today and we think it was pretty darn crowded. Then again, we normally go during off season, and we're pretty sure Spring Break has started for some. In the afternoon, FP return times were 2-3 hours later than issuing time. Our first encounters with people returning outside their FP return windows resulted in those late people receiving Rider Switch cards. I don't know what reason they gave to the CM, but that was my experience at Star Tours. We did not utilize any other FPs today because it was crowded, and we didn't want to trek all the way across the park.

We were also able to experience part of the new Fantasy Faire today! We asked lots of CMs if there will be a grand opening ceremony, but there were so many different answers, so we're not sure if there really IS anything special going on tomorrow.

AZlady, Yep, no hubby. Just mom and I.:cool1: He just doesn't enjoy DL like I do. Last time he went was in '94. I, too, always dread the ride home. It just seems soooo long. I'm leaving in a couple of hours. I can hardly wait.:):)

Oh oh, weather forecast is showing possible rain for next week 3/21. DL in the rain would be a new experience. Possibly a variable to drive down crowds a tiny tiny bit.

B5K

Oh oh, weather forecast is showing possible rain for next week 3/21. DL in the rain would be a new experience. Possibly a variable to drive down crowds a tiny tiny bit.

B5K

That is our BBB day for my daughter. We have our Disney ponchos out to take in case. It rained last time we were there and it was fine, but not looking forward to it when she gets all made up. We drive over on Sunday :)

We're going on the 19th-21st. It's only been about 4 years since my last trip, but it will be my almost-3-year-old's first time. Can't wait!

Bump!

TWO sleeps... TWO sleeps!! :woohoo: Oh my goodness, I can't stand the anticipation. I don't know if I'm more excited about going to Disneyland or telling my girls that they are going to Disneyland.

What's everyone's countdowns at now?

I'm trying to watch the weather forecast for next week but it changes daily. Originally it was going to be hot all week. Now the hottest day, our first day Sunday, is only 23C (73F) and it cools down to 18C (67F) with rain, and WAY cooler at night. Still not sure how to pack for that. I think we'll live in shorts and capris and bring sweaters for the evenings I guess. Maybe we'll bring one pair of pants, just in case.

Should I pick up ponchos before we go or hold off? I have no idea...?

Did I mention TWO sleeps?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter