Who is visiting Mickey in March???

SweetAlex said:
I don't know how you did it for that long! I love planning the surprise but it's not easy. We're hoping to cross the border and hit the Seattle airport before telling them (if the border guard allows it). They think we're spending a week in Seattle. :goodvibes

Well it helped that my kids are pretty young -- 1.5 and my oldest had just turned 5. We had never been, and my oldest spent that entire 8 months wishing we could go to Disneyland. I had told him "sorry but we can't" so many times that the surprise kind of fell flat at first because he didn't believe us that we were going! My whole family and all my inlaws were also in on it, and we all went.

Happy birthday to your partner Mikedoyleblogger! We will be there at about the same time, also for my 40th bday.

mikedoyleblogger said:
Thanks! I bought the advance PhotoPass+ package to make sure we have lots of on-ride photos and in-park photos of both of us together. Haven't used the service before, so hoping it's a good experience.

I did too. I'm excited to actually be in some pics.

Totally, not even just behind the camera of my own photos, I sometimes feel like I spend most of my time offering to take other people's photos so they can be in them together. It's an easy habit to get into at DLR, especially if you're there alone.

They have updated my week (March 18-22) with more entertainment :) It now has fireworks on the schedule. No F! but I was worried that we would not have fireworks since we are there Mon-Th. Also, Thursday they are open 9AM-11PM and 9AM-10PM Mon-Wed.

Anyway, it appears it will be busy like we were thinking. Many of the hotels seem to be full. We have reservations for Desert Inn if all 6 people go and BWPPI if our party ends up with only 4 people. We are excited!

They have updated my week (March 18-22) with more entertainment :) It now has fireworks on the schedule. No F! but I was worried that we would not have fireworks since we are there Mon-Th. Also, Thursday they are open 9AM-11PM and 9AM-10PM Mon-Wed.

Anyway, it appears it will be busy like we were thinking. Many of the hotels seem to be full. We have reservations for Desert Inn if all 6 people go and BWPPI if our party ends up with only 4 people. We are excited!

I just noticed that as well! Means the crowds are expected but I'm really glad we won't have to do both on the Sunday, which is our first day. I hate having to rush around so this should be much less stressful.

wow, we have lots of new people joining in on the March Madness! welcome to everyone!
we are getting so excited too !!!!!!! ready for some SUNSHINE!!!

I will be there March 4-7 and staying at the Fairfield Inn. All of my trips before have been in the fall and I'm excited to see Disney in a different season. :)

:welcome: we will be there also until the 5th! hoping for some great weather!

Thanks and slight change to the dates. Arriving and checking in on the 28th. Excited to take advantage of the AP Extended Hours.

And trust me after last week's mess of doctors appointments, a double dose of Disney (going to be at WDW for the Princess the weekend before my CA trip) is exactly what I need.

woo-hoo to get the extra AP hours, we are just missing it...cool you are running at WDW too!

I'm going in mid March. Can't wait!

:welcome: care to share your dates and hotel??? hope you have a magical trip!

Hey March Board- lots of new people have joined us~ yea! If you want you can use this: http://www.scribd.com/doc/120351533/March-Mickey-Head to wear on your diaper bag/backpack to identify yourself as a March Dis board member! You can print, cut and glue to card board or print on cardstock.

After months and months of it seeming so far in the future- it is finally getting time to think about what to wear, what foods to pack, where to stop for breakfast on the way down... :cool1:

I know, we are getting so excited! our friends who are meeting us got some extra pixie dust and are getting tickets for Saturday night (the 2nd) too, so we will do Goofy's Kitchen, then WofC pixiedust:
gave my DD her GC and new disney shirt this morning for Valentine's day, a happy girl!

I can not believe we will be in Disneyland in 24 days. I put in an order for a t shirt for everyone and also a gift card so my sister and BIL can buy a pair of mouse ears. I am going to put there bags together a day or two before we go.

we are at 15 days, need to get busy with packing this weekend!

Yikes! We almost let the cat out of the bag yesterday (we're surprising our kids). Dh actually said "...when we go to Disney...." right in front of them! He immediately said "I mean, to Seattle" and they totally did not even bat an eye but how are we going to keep this a secret for another 30 days... AHHHHH!:eek:

oh no, hope you can keep the secret! will be so fun for you to see their faces when you finally tell them!

I will be taking my kids DS8, DD7 and will be in the parks March 25-28.

This is my second trip with the kids as a single Dad. We had a blast Thanksgiving week, and am expecting similar crowds next month.

My fingers are crossed their mom allows me to drive the kids down Sunday night from SF area, but as of now she claims its harder on the kids. I really want the full day on Monday, and don't particularly like leaving at 4AM, and hit the morning commute, plus lose a couple of early park hours. The kids told me last night she is considering it if they aren't sick. So I booked a night at CCI for Sunday just in case :cool1:

We will be at Desert Inn &Suites 3/25 to 3/28 and I am so excited. My Mom is going with us, and I rented her a scooter

I know, my screen name is lame......:confused:

:welcome: what a fun trip to take with your kiddos, hope it all works out getting there the night before!

We're going at the very beginning of March, in the parks the 1st through the 4th, leaving the 5th, right before (hopefully) the worst of the Spring Break crowds. We're celebrating my partner's 40th birthday--and he's never been to DLR (or any Disney park!), or even California, so I'm really looking forward to his reaction to it all. I'm very familiar with DL and at least the old version of DCA, and I've kind of been this trip-planning dervish for the past few weeks to make sure his 1st experience is a great one.

We're staying at the HoJo (also and old fave of mine), and planning to spend part of one or part of a couple of days doing a mad-dash tour of L.A. (Probably up the 5 and 101 to Hollywood & Highland, then the view from the Griffith Park Observatory, then down Santa Monica Blvd. so he can see the Pacific.) Though I'm secretly hoping he won't want to leave the resort ;-)

:welcome: what a wonderful gift for your partner! definately go see the other sites too! you can make a fun day out of it and still get some park time in later that night!

DH and I have successfully kept our staying at PPH a secret from the kids and my ILs (who are going with us). We've watched the vacation video so many times, and it's all I can do to not blurt out "we're staying there" when the kids see the hotel. I cannot wait to pull up to the hotel and surprise them. We'll pack swimsuits for sure.

always to fun to reveal the secret! I did that with my DD back in 2010 staying at GCH....we have gone so many times she knew the way to our usual hotel and when I didn't turn she told me I missed the turn, so I just brushed it off and said oops, and I'd turn around...when I pulled into the GCH parking lot she got SO EXCITED!

Thanks! I bought the advance PhotoPass+ package to make sure we have lots of on-ride photos and in-park photos of both of us together. Haven't used the service before, so hoping it's a good experience.

PP is the best! and have gotten my PP+ for our trips too, looking forward to having all the ride/restaurant photos on it too!

yay you get to see the fireworks and the extra hours are nice too! bummer about no F! though.

will get all our new peeps added to the first post! enjoy the last minute planning everyone!

Ahhh!!! Friday is 3 weeks until we leave! we are spending time before and after we go to DLR in the Phoenix, AZ area visiting my sisters.

I can't WAIT! I just need to get my head in the game school wise (This is my last full time semester as an undergrad, and I am SWAMPED) and hunker down until its time to go!!!!:jumping1:

Heads up March board- they changed the park hours and added fireworks all the way back to the 11th- maybe now we can finalize some plans??? :thumbsup2

Yikes, thats good and bad .. definately means they are expecting bigger crowds. But adding fireworks will draw some of the crowds away from rides for a while at least :woohoo:

B5K

Ahhh!!! Friday is 3 weeks until we leave! we are spending time before and after we go to DLR in the Phoenix, AZ area visiting my sisters.

I can't WAIT! I just need to get my head in the game school wise (This is my last full time semester as an undergrad, and I am SWAMPED) and hunker down until its time to go!!!!:jumping1:

:welcome: sounds like a fun trip with lots of sun! good luck with school!

Heads up March board- they changed the park hours and added fireworks all the way back to the 11th- maybe now we can finalize some plans??? :thumbsup2

:banana::banana: up until 3/28 for park hours too! come on need my dates NOW!!!

Yikes, thats good and bad .. definately means they are expecting bigger crowds. But adding fireworks will draw some of the crowds away from rides for a while at least :woohoo:

B5K

::yes:: it does....definately plan on doing each one during the trip, then hitting the rides hard the other nights!

Our tickets came in the mail yesterday!!! Woohoo!!

image_zps248f8a2a.jpg

Anybody think they might offer a ticket discount for post-March 11 like the one they have pre-March 11? Or should we pretty much go ahead and pull the trigger do you think? :confused3

Anybody think they might offer a ticket discount for post-March 11 like the one they have pre-March 11? Or should we pretty much go ahead and pull the trigger do you think? :confused3

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's a "slow season" type sale. No point in offering reduced prices when the parks will be busy. People still go regardless. :thumbsup2

We are less than a mont away. :cool1: It was a mont yesterday. I just got our Photopass+ in the mail today.

Still trying to make up my mind on a character breakfast. Right now I am leaning towards Surfs Up or Goofy's Kitchen. We will probably do it on our non park day. Also trying to figure out if we should do a nice late lunch at Blue Bayou on our last day there.

Bought dh new shoes and jeans today. Only a few more things to purchase. Doing laundry tomorrow and Monday hoping to get most of our stuff backed.

ordered our tickets last night!!! we had been waffling about getting them online or not, but then I saw that someone posted a picture of their tickets and the envelope that said "your happiness has arrived" or something like that and I decided I couldn't resist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter