Who is visiting Mickey in March???

Hitting the road tomorrow...finally :hyper: We'll be the loud ones there Mon - Thursday.

Looking forward to taking advantage of the photopass+ , all the reviews lately make it sound like its a great option.

How cool has it been in the evenings the last couple days for those that have been in the parks?

we just got back, we were there Wednesday night through Saturday morning. It has been very chilly in the mornings and foggy, and pretty cold--50's I would say--in the evenings. We definitely needed jackets/thick sweatshirts in the mornings and evenings.

I am here now. We got here on Thursday. Yes, it is cool in mornings and once the sun is covered it gets cold fast and hot but not unbearable late mornings/ afternoons. We have gone at or near openings every morning and getting on the rides is great then. They definitely get busier as the day goes on. This morning we got to DCA shortly after opening and went straight to Toy Story Mania. The wait was 10 minutes. When we passed by less than 30 minutes later, it said 40 minutes!! on Friday, we got in at opening and went straight into Fantasyland and walked on to most of the rides. No problem getting out RSR FP either yesterday. Got there around 20 minutes before rope drop. Our return time was 11:15. Loved it!! Saw WOC last night and hoping we are able to see Fantasmic tonight. Back at the hotel now having a rest in case we can only see the later show. Tomorrow is our non park day and brunch at Goofy's Kitchen and we will use our Magic Morning on Tuesday.

We are home now and I am totally having Disney withdrawals. I want a churro so bad!

Hitting the road tomorrow...finally :hyper: We'll be the loud ones there Mon - Thursday.

Looking forward to taking advantage of the photopass+ , all the reviews lately make it sound like its a great option.

How cool has it been in the evenings the last couple days for those that have been in the parks?

hope you are having a wonderful trip!

we just got back, we were there Wednesday night through Saturday morning. It has been very chilly in the mornings and foggy, and pretty cold--50's I would say--in the evenings. We definitely needed jackets/thick sweatshirts in the mornings and evenings.

hope you had a great trip! we had the same weather the first part of March, wasn't too bad for us though!

I am here now. We got here on Thursday. Yes, it is cool in mornings and once the sun is covered it gets cold fast and hot but not unbearable late mornings/ afternoons. We have gone at or near openings every morning and getting on the rides is great then. They definitely get busier as the day goes on. This morning we got to DCA shortly after opening and went straight to Toy Story Mania. The wait was 10 minutes. When we passed by less than 30 minutes later, it said 40 minutes!! on Friday, we got in at opening and went straight into Fantasyland and walked on to most of the rides. No problem getting out RSR FP either yesterday. Got there around 20 minutes before rope drop. Our return time was 11:15. Loved it!! Saw WOC last night and hoping we are able to see Fantasmic tonight. Back at the hotel now having a rest in case we can only see the later show. Tomorrow is our non park day and brunch at Goofy's Kitchen and we will use our Magic Morning on Tuesday.

great you got so much done early in the day! hope you enjoyed WOC and Fantasmic! enjoy your easy day and goofys!

We are home now and I am totally having Disney withdrawals. I want a churro so bad!

withdrawals are the pits....at least you have a wedding to plan now! how about a DisneyMoon :goodvibes

I started packing yesterday :rotfl2:

hope packing is going well...I'm starting this weekend!

Hi fellow march goers! I think a lot of us are there now, but I wanted to share that I have started a TR! It is pretty wordy and I can't get my pictures to be a consistent size, but I thought I would share:)

ETA: a link would be helpful, huh?
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=47852159

will get over there and take a look!

getting to do the single digit dance today :cool1:

:dance3::dance3::dance3::

I thought I would report back that DexW decided to let me drive the kids down Sunday night. WooHoo! 3 full days in the parks. We will be in DL, specifically FL the first hour of regular park opening. I was unable to secure a room at Desert Inn and Suites for Sunday night, so we had a room reserved at CCI, but on a whim decided to call DI again and they had Sunday night open up for our room, so now we wont have to switch hotels, which I was kinda dreading.

Just arrived at the hotel. First thoughts 'So much blue.' Booked at one of the Key Club host hotel. Thankfully today's the last day of it.

On another note why didn't my high school Key Club ever do something so cool like this? First Six Flags and now this (you can probably bet they spent part of a day at Disney). We never did anything like this back in AL.p

This time, next week, we'll be at the DLH and getting ready for my family's first dinner at Club 33! I can't wait. :woohoo:

We got back on Thursday and had an amazing time. I am definitely not waiting another 12 years to get back there. ;)

We were supposed to be flying right now but our flight from McAllen to Houston Was cancelled so United changed our itinerary and now we will be departuring until 4 PM. I talked to them and asked to our return flight to be changed until friday and they did. However my husband seats wont be next to ours in none of our flights

Finally leaving
:cool1: tomorrow!

safe travels!

3 more sleeps for us,woohoo:cool1:

:cool1: we have 4 more sleeps!

This time, next week, we'll be at the DLH and getting ready for my family's first dinner at Club 33! I can't wait. :woohoo:

so jealous! will need updates about Club 33!

We got back on Thursday and had an amazing time. I am definitely not waiting another 12 years to get back there. ;)

happy you had an amazing time!

We were supposed to be flying right now but our flight from McAllen to Houston Was cancelled so United changed our itinerary and now we will be departuring until 4 PM. I talked to them and asked to our return flight to be changed until friday and they did. However my husband seats wont be next to ours in none of our flights

oh no Julie...good that they were able to switch your return flight...maybe you can ask those around you if they would be willing to switch with your DH...hope there won't be anymore delays and you have a safe flight!

We returned from our first trip at about 1 a.m. Saturday morning. Here's a brief report I sent a friend.

t was a fun vacation, but completely different than Disney World. The Grand Californian was nice, but not as fantastic as one would think.
Best parts:
- early entry due to being a hotel guest. We always avoided the EE park at WDW b/c I heard it would be the most crowded. It works wonderfully in California though.
- Park hopping is amazing! We really only hopped one day, but could have easily done more if we wanted to. There's only one bag check for both parks. After that, you just walk back and forth between the two gates. It was so easy.
- DD loved the Aladdin stage show. It was really good.
- DD rode California Screamin' 4 times in a row one mornings, and 3 times in a row (plus later with a fast pass) our other EE morning. There was no line back there (everyone was at Carsland), so I even felt comfortable sending her by herself a couple of times.
- Carsland is AMAZING! We rode Radiator Springs 4 times. (We were about 20 people back in line for our 5th ride when it went down. Since it can take at least 30 minutes (and possibly much longer), we decided to exit the line. We didn't do the other two rides in Carsland b/c they didn't look that wonderful, and we didn't feel they would be worth the wait. We did go to the Cozy Cone and get the apple freeze, pretzel cone, and DD got an ice cream cone. It was a fun area to hang out in.
- I prefer the WDW Magic Kingdom mainly b/c Disneyland seemed PACKED at all times. Even when lines were under 20 minutes, it just felt crowded. Part of this is b/c most of the lines weren't themed and just started out in the walkways. The lines at WDW don't seem so bad simply b/c you can't see them.
- Indiana Jones ride was rough, but fun! The line for that was amazing, but it was really one of the only fun themed lines.
- Space Mountain was SO much better at Disneyland.
- We paid for the Fantasmic Dessert Party our first night there. I'm glad we paid, or we wouldn't have stayed up to watch it b/c we were so tired. We were on about hour 21 without sleep when we watched it. The show was ok, but not one of our favorites. Of course, we've only watched the WDW one once and didn't love it either.
- We didn't expect much at World of Color, but WOW! It was amazing!
- The parades were high energy and a lot of fun. They reminded me a little of Animal Kingdom b/c they were so high energy with acrobatics and bright colors.
- Napa Rose chef's counter was so neat! We met with the head chef as well as some of the other employees. They all chatted and were friendly as we watched the hustle and bustle of the kitchen. It was amazing how well everything got taken care of. We just told the chef to fix us whatever he wanted to. It was the best food ever!
- All in all, it was a good trip. We went back to the room every afternoon for 3-4 hours to do laundry, nap, watch t.v., etc. We have always wanted to do that at WDW, but felt like it wasn't worth it with the transportation time. Walking only 5 minutes and being back in the room definitely made it worth it though!
- We didn't care for Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen at all. Of course, the prior nights had been at the chef's counter and Carthay Circle, so it had a lot to live up to.
- Breakfast at Flo's was wonderful!
- DH was disappointed that breakfast wasn't served earlier in the mornings. He enjoys getting Mickey waffles while we are getting ready. However, we wanted to be in line by 7:15 and most places didn't open until at least 7.
- All my careful coordinating of outfits didn't really matter b/c we ended up wearing jackets 90% of the time.

This is a pretty disconjointed report, but I'd be happy to answer any questions.

We got back on Friday... what an incredibly magical trip! Disney just does it like no other. The constant entertainment and excitement is everywhere you turn. Shows, parades, singing, dancing, laughing... it's indescribable. We could have easily spent days more there and still not covered it all. We missed so much!

Initial thoughts to share:

1) RSR is worth the trip alone. That ride is so much fun and definitely lives up to the hype. We hit it first thing in the morning at rope drop twice, rode it and then I ran to get fast passes for later in the evening. By 10am the passes were already gone so it's pretty crazy. Lines were 1.5-3 hr during the day.

2) Maters Tractors was so much fun. Don't miss it!

3) Breakfast at Flo's is wonderful AND affordable. We all ordered the kids waffles plate and it was plenty for each of us (even dh who loves big breakfasts)

4) Carsland is fun but by far the busiest place to be. BUT most are happy to be there and are patient and friendly. CMs are always great there.

5) We were there 5 days but I swear I could have used another 2 or 3. Days 2-4 FLEW by. I seriously don't remember them. We missed Animation Academy and Aladdin and I'm so sad :(. Ah well, means we just have to go back soon right :thumbsup2

6) The drinking in DCA really bothered us. I NEVER would have thought I would have to deal with drunks at Disney. I couldn't help but think about how disappointed Walt would be. We didn't see it much mind you but one queue had a group of swearing, groping young adults that were obviously intoxicated and late in the evenings, people started to get noisy. It was really sad and disappointing. It was like being in Vegas, seeing people walking around with beer and wine.

7) The new Tangled show was awesome! We loved it and wish we had caught the Belle one too.

8) Fast passes are life-savers. We tried to always have one on the go (or two when possible). It was so nice to walk right by that LONG Indy line every day.

9) Minnie and Friends is so worth it. My kids loved it, even my 10 year old... even though she likely wouldn't admit it out loud ;). It was so nice to have one on one attention from so many characters without having to wait in a line in the hot sun. Plus, the food was wonderful. The make your own omelet was so good!

10) Rides that rarely had lines: Monsters Inc, Ariel, Mater's Tractors, Buzz... we always knew we could avoid lines for a little while by hitting one of these.

11) Best thing we did was bring along a water bottle and TONS of those Nestea single packs. We filled it up at every fountain, poured in a packet of flavouring and never had to buy a single drink. The water without flavoring is just nasty... :sad2: We saved SO much money this way.

12) Take LOTS of pictures and have the CMs take pictures of your family whenever possible. They don't mind and you will never regret it.

13) I have officially come to the conclusion that all Shuttle companies are terrible. We had yet another poor experience with yet another Shuttle company. He told us AFTER driving us to LAX that his credit card machine was broken. We had no more cash. My husband asked him to swipe our card in front of him and he swiped it the wrong way and wouldn't listen when my dh tried to call him on it. We had to raid both my daughters leftover money and scraped up just enough. He was going to make everyone else wait for us to find an ATM at the airport. Just ridiculous. Bunch of crooks I tell you.

14) Doubletree by Hilton at Orange was okay. Service was excellent and the rooms were very nice but we had enough issues that we likely wouldn't stay there again. The biggest one being the shuttle and the distance from Disney. It was too inconvenient. Also, our smoke detector went off at 7am one morning for no reason and they had NO idea when we reported it (thank goodness it wasn't a real fire) and they had to shut off the water another day for repairs. Price and service were excellent though.

15) Get hoppers. We hopped every single day. It was nice to have that option when one park was too busy or the kids wanted to hit their favorites at the end of each day. So worth it.

16) Cozy Cones: We literally got a treat from here every day. My dh and girls got the ice cream and I LOVED the pretzel bites there. They were so soft and the cheese dip is to die for.

17) We missed the main parade at Disney and I'm sad we did. It was just so packed and people started filling main street hours before it started. I've heard so much about it though so hope to catch it next time. We caught many other shows there like the newsboys and the Pixar Parade, oh, and DJ's dance party. All great!

18) Fireworks are AWESOME! We caught them after Fantasmic our first night just at the Rivers of America and could see it just fine (except Tinkerbell, which we could only catch glimpses of).

19) Food everywhere was great. We never had anything we didn't like. I think my fav was the broccoli and cheese soup on the Wharf. So good! My dh was up sick all night after eating the seafood chowder the second time though. :scared1:

20) Weather was cool in the mornings and at night so we made good use of the lockers to hold our sweaters. I highly recommend them.

21) Our first ride on our first day was POTC and it broke down about 1/6th of the way in... and they forgot about us! The boat 2 in front of us got stuck shortly after the second fall. They unloaded the 2 boats in front of us, said they would be back for us and 30+ minutes later, we finally just got off the boats ourselves and walked out the nearest exit. When we opened the door, the repair guys were there, literally hiding from us. I guess they knew they weren't allowed to usher us out and rather than come and tell us they hadn't forgotten about us, they just hid until we walked ourselves out. It was a huge waste of time during first morning and a total bummer.

Thats all I can think of for now but I'm sure I'll add more later. All in all, we can't wait to go back to do everything all over again and more importantly, all the things we missed!

leaving in 2 hours to pick up my birthday girl from school, hard to believe she's a teenager! can't wait to celebrate with her in our happy place!

safe travels to all leaving this weekend! and have a wonderful Easter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter