Who is trying the Owners Locker? Why or Why Not?

OL members:

Can someone post what food (non-perishable of course) and drink they have stored and how that went. I hate being wasteful on DVC trips.

To the DISer who posted their list of items earlier...thanks really helped.

Have there been any issues of say storing laundry items and having that smell infiltrate at all?

I'm sure there are ways around that, just curious. Thanks so much,

Lisa

We packed tea bags (I like the herbal stuff that DH refers to as "drinking the front lawn" :lmao: ), salt & pepper in shakers, and a lot of "food-related" items such as baggies, paper napkins, pizza cutter, coffee filters and wine bottle re-cork thingies. I have kept laundry soap, but haven't had enough time between trips to find out if the smell would infiltrate. I just put the package (it was a small one) in a freezer type baggie. I figure if a freezer bag is heavy enough to prevent freezer burn, it's heavy enough to stop odors.

John,

With the membership do you get an intial delivery and pickup and one other free PU and D for the year?

Is this correct? So two free ones in the first year?

Thanks,

Lisa

We'll also soon be introducing what we call "Out of the Box" where we'll store just about anything (no kids) that won't fit in one of our Lockers--like bicycles, a canoe--or even a car!!

Stay tuned

John

How about Mother In Laws? :rotfl2:

..............sorry Drake...we don't store anything that breathes or moves (including kids)...we used to say nothing that talks but then someone forgot to turn their Pal Mickey off!!
John

..............sorry Drake...we don't store anything that breathes or moves (including kids)...we used to say nothing that talks but then someone forgot to turn their Pal Mickey off!!
John

Whooops! Wasn't me, was it??? :rotfl2:

Have there been any issues of say storing laundry items and having that smell infiltrate at all?

Lisa

We are in Orlando now, and our OL was waiting for us as John and Brian said that it would. Last time down, we packed a bottle of Tide and a box of dryer sheets in the OL. We placed the dryer sheets in a plastic bag. When I opened the box, I initially did smell the dryer sheets, but nothing else picked up the smell.

Having the Owner's Locker is a real convenience. Now, we buy 5 lbs of coffee at a time, knowing that what we don't use will carry over until next time. We slowly add more stuff each time.

Thank you Owners Locker:thumbsup2 How did we manage without you? We have nothing but praise for your service.
Thanks again
Bon & Jeff

Our OL is full. We packed light in January since we flew down there. This time we drove so there was plenty of room to bring stuff and leave it in there. I was planning on leaving a container full of detergent in there, but I used most of it instead. I loved bringing clean clothes home! The service was prompt and we had an email waiting for us when we finally arrived home ourselves.

We packed tea bags (I like the herbal stuff that DH refers to as "drinking the front lawn" :lmao: ), salt & pepper in shakers, and a lot of "food-related" items such as baggies, paper napkins, pizza cutter, coffee filters and wine bottle re-cork thingies. I have kept laundry soap, but haven't had enough time between trips to find out if the smell would infiltrate. I just put the package (it was a small one) in a freezer type baggie. I figure if a freezer bag is heavy enough to prevent freezer burn, it's heavy enough to stop odors.

Not for us. We drive, just the two of us and a couple of hours at the grocery store works.

Not for us. We drive, just the two of us and a couple of hours at the grocery store works.

I thought so, too, since now not only do I drive, but I haul a cargo trailer! :lmao: (I have a valid reason, I do scrapbook shows...) Anyway, the weight-off-my-shoulders thing to me is that things I find a pain in the rear to store at home and that I only need at WDW are there, safely ensconced, waiting for my next arrival. Not scattered around or stuffed in a remote box under my kitchen addition. No swearing from DH as he crawls through the Christmas tree to find the precious "Disney Box" :scared: No more panics the night before b/c DD can't find one particular set of ears that she simply MUST have for the trip. The other nice thing is that we also now have the chance to just "pop down" if the airfare is right and not worry about all the unusual packing that seems to accompany us on our DVC vacations.

Yes, it's probably not for everyone, but for SO many reasons, it's a smart move for us.

We are going to be renting a house in July/August, and would like to sign up as new members then, because we'll be back in August/September at Shades of Green and Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

It looks like currently there's no way to use the service from a rental house.

Is that correct?

The other nice thing is that we also now have the chance to just "pop down" if the airfare is right and not worry about all the unusual packing that seems to accompany us on our DVC vacations.

Yes, it's probably not for everyone, but for SO many reasons, it's a smart move for us.
That's exactly the discussion DH and I had the other day! Now if there is some super duper airfare for a weekend, we can pack a quick carryone with clothes and get on a plane as long as there is a studio from DVC somewhere on property for us. :) This may end up being as "bad" as the AP when we first got them as far as causing MORE time at Disney...

That's exactly the discussion DH and I had the other day! Now if there is some super duper airfare for a weekend, we can pack a quick carryone with clothes and get on a plane as long as there is a studio from DVC somewhere on property for us. :) This may end up being as "bad" as the AP when we first got them as far as causing MORE time at Disney...

I have already done this and can tell you it's great. Plus my locker has some clothing in it. (Mainly t shirts, but... all I reallly need is a pair of pants/shorts and I could survive LOL!)

Hi Buttercup,

While we deliver to over 200 resorts and hotels, we can't really deliver to private homes. The cost would kill us both! We are working on a storefront location in the attractions area where people who are renting homes can pick up/drop off their Locker. We're also working on an airport location for people who are starting off or finishing their vacation away from the attractions area (Vero Beach, for example). Keep checking in with us and we'll let you know when we get this set up.
John

Hi Buttercup,

While we deliver to over 200 resorts and hotels, we can't really deliver to private homes. The cost would kill us both! We are working on a storefront location in the attractions area where people who are renting homes can pick up/drop off their Locker. We're also working on an airport location for people who are starting off or finishing their vacation away from the attractions area (Vero Beach, for example). Keep checking in with us and we'll let you know when we get this set up.
John

Yeah, that's just what we were hoping for, for somewhere to pick it up ourselves near the airport.

Hey John.....Can't wait for my locker to be at BWV for me in August. But, is there any way I can take it with me, so I don't have to pack duplicates this trip, leave it in my car while I'm on my cruise and then drop it back at BWV for pick up as we drive through? Just curious...that kind of thing would be terrific!!!

Hi goofy4tink,
A number of people have done this already. Until we figure out the storefront I think this works fine.
John

Thanks John. I'll have to give that some extra thought now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter