Who is on the Oct 5th "Wonder" Cruise?

Originally posted by Scott2tune
What could possibly be so fascinating on the October 12 cruise site that over 5,000 people have sent in messages and over 70,000 have visited the site?....

To what site are you referring??

We are signed up and paid for on the Oct. 5th also! Can hardly wait!! We (or I should say "I") have been reading these boards religiously since May about what to do, where to stay, etc... Our group includes: Me(35), DH(38), DS(4), DS(1), Grandma, Grandpa, Husband's business partner with wife and DD(8), DS(7). I think all of us are Cat. 5. It's our first DCL cruise and we've heard great things! We are staying at the Beach Club after. Can someone tell me what/where the Mickey's Halloween party is? and would it be appropriate for a 4 and 1 year old? Thanks! See ya'll on board!!:bounce: :)

hey Scott: I grew up in Newport... how funny to travel all the way to FL. when DL is right around the corner huh?! They need DCL in LA or SD!!

While I'm thinking about it....! I read where some of you have gotten rooms at the Comfort Suites in Nassau. My last cruise there (on HA in 1997) I had a bad experience on the water taxi's. Is there a way to get to Atlantis (safely) via land (with a 4 and 1 yr old)? Also, how much are rooms and do you just walk right in or cross a street to Atlantis?! thanks again!:crazy:

Hi Jenshaef, Lulu, PMelhorn, and everyone! Anyone starting to pack yet? I have a box in my room that, each time I come across something, I toss it in. So far, I have my shoe organizer, sunscreen, bug spray, and several packages of bonine, and a corkscrew for a bottle of wine or two that we bring along for our cabin:) I have my Passporter book laying on top of the box. I'm almost as obsessive as Scott2tune:) I can't believe we are under 50 days now! WooHoo! The kids are getting excited. DS is looking for some 12 yo boys to hang out with. I told him that he probably won't make it to Common Grounds (he's 3 months shy of 13). He pretty social. so I'm sure he'll make new friends (boys and girls). I picked up a green Mickey head at Home Depot last week (not sure if I have the right shade of green?), do we put them on our door so we know who are disboard members? Hopefully we'll have a chance to meet some of you on the cruise. There's a great bunch of people on these boards. Happy planning and packing:)
Laura

Hi all:
Werhappy: a few of us are going to Atlantis on the 6th. There was a thread a while back (maybe 6 weeks) with a special discount on Comfort Suites Paradise Island, if you call Choice Hotels at 1-800-4-choice and ask for the LGOLD rate the price was $135.50 per room. The Comfort Suites is apparently right across the street from Atlantis and has an agreement, whereby Comfort Suites guests can use all the amenities of Atlantis including the pools. With each room at the Comfort Suites you can get 4 wrist bands. Taxis are available from the ship to Atlantis for $4. per person each way. If you just want to see the aquarium and walk around Atlantis (no pools), I think you can buy wristbands just for this at around $ 25. per person, kids slightly less.

Can you believe we only have 48 days until we get on the boat?
I can't believe it! Once school starts the days will zoom by, won't they? Do you all have plans on getting to the port early? Our plan is to NOT be the first in line, but rather to mosey on over from WDW and amble onto the boat, grab some shrimp at the buffet, and just RELAX! No plans for Palo or the spa this time, so no ressie lines either.

I admire all you planners and packers out there--I haven't picked up a thing to bring with us yet. No, that's not true; I got some black capris and evening sandals! I plan on getting the bonine, though, and will definitely have to get a green ribbon or a Mickey head or SOMETHING to let everyone know I'm a DISer, but I guess I've been just swamped with work, school shopping, and little end-of-summer trips to visit family.

Anyone worried about the weather? I'm figuring we'll just take it as it comes. . .as long as we're on a Disney cruise we have to have fun!!!!!!

:Pinkbounc

Hi WeRHappy. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is held at the Magic Kingdom. Its a ticketed event starting at 7:00 pm. Deb Willis's site (www.wdwig.com) has a lot of information regarding the event. You can buy the tickets for it on the Disneyworld website. I've not been before so I can't advise as to the suitability for a 1 and a 4 year old - but its at Magic Kingdom so I would image they would have a lot of fun. The only problem might be the hours, since it doesn't start until 7:00 pm.

And Laura - I haven't started to pack yet. I ordered the Passporter from Amazon back in March - and still haven't received it. I ordered the deluxe version. I may just cancel and get the paperback version if I don't receive it in the new few weeks.

My DD (age 6) started school last Friday. Time is already starting to go by to fast.

I have been going through to see how may families will we be on board looks like about 15 with a couple sets of grandparents. That is just great!
I have started putting items into a box when I run across them so I guess I have started packing.

I was wondering how many families are repeat cruisers?
We are and we just love the ship. We will be stay in 2 adjoining cat. 9 cabins.

Still haven't made it to Home Depot but hopeful today.

I can't believe we are only about 46 days away from walking on the great ship.

Welcome everyone to the the Oct.5 cruise.

Which color of green? I got some of all. Figured if I didn't use them for my door on the cruise I could use them in a scrap book.

Hi Peggy,

Just checked my chips. I got "Alien" Green, but if I remember, there were several that looked lime to me. I lovely color for your walls...can you just see the Home Depot Paint Dept Personel wondering what happened to all those very bright green paint chips:confused:

Jennifer

Jennifer,
That is funny. Wonder how long it will take Home Depot to figure out that something is up with the "Lime" Mickey chips. I have Alien Green plus several others. I thought they would be great to cut the kids faces out of a picture and stick them on the chips.
I even have a lime color pair of shorts I can wear.
Can't wait to board the ship.

Talked with DCL yesterday and the CM told that the ship was just about full. I was hoping our sailing would get some upgrades. It really seems like alot of the other sailing are getting luck on the upgrades.

If anyone recieves doc. post to let the rest of us know so we can be on the watch out.

Can't wait to get everything. I am just like a kid when it comes to DCL.

Now you're making me feel bad - I haven't starting packing, I haven't picked up any green Mickeys, and I haven't booked any shore excursions.

I just got out of a week in the hospital, back to work with loads to do - and this morning I had a flat tire. I NEED A VACATION! How about a cruise? Great idea! I want to go NOW!:smooth:

Hi Tracie, hope your week gets alittle better for you. Don't stress, it'll all fall into place.
Peggy- ditto on the cruise docs. I'll let you know when I get mine. I'm not sure what color Mickey head I got, but it was flourescent green of some sort. I figure I'll put my screen name on it on the door.
I'm not planning on booking any excursions for Freeport or Nassau. However, can we book excursions for CC in advance? What are your thoughts about the bike ride. Do alot of people take advantage of that or just lay on the beach? I guess I'm trying to decide to do the package deal or a la carte for snorkeling and float rentals. My DD5 just starting riding on two wheels, do they have small bikes for the kids to ride?
Take Care,
Laura

Hi Tracie and Jennifer!

Thanks for all the info re: Mickey's Halloween Party and the Comfort Suites. Sounds like we may do the Comfort Suites if we can get a good deal on the rooms!
I was wondering the same thing about the cruise docs (has anyone receieved them yet?!). We're getting anxious to fill all the paperwork out!
Where is eveyone staying before the cruise? Any recommendations? I'm a little scared by what I've read on other threads re: the Radisson.
Jennifer, we'll be driving past you tomorrow on our way to central Ca. to see family...:wave:
(Make mental note: Home Depot--neon green ears)

Almost forgot to ask ... if you are in MK at 7pm when MNSSHP starts do they ask you to leave if you did not buy at ticket or do they close the park early?

Thanks!

--Carrie:earsgirl:

Tracie don't feel bad. I hope you feel better if you just got out of the hospital. You have a solid 6 weeks. We are not doing any excursions at Nassua or Freeport. We may just step off and walk around the dock a little so my DN can say she did. You can book your excursions in advance for CC. We are doing the Castaway Cay Getaway Package for myself, DH and DD9. A CM told me I could get the child seat for my DH bike once on CC. Child seat for DS3. My DS13 and DN14 will be doing the Wild Side excursion. I book a couple of days ago.
I figured I would just go ahead and get the CC Getaway Package for $32 if you do snokeling and a float it is $31. So for a $1 more we can take a bike ride. Can't want to see CC we wasn't able to dock last time. So I think I ready for a bike ride too.
I don't know if they have kids bikes for sure but they should because you can reserve the package for them too.

As far as MNSSHP they told me they close the park a 6 and reopen at 7

I do wish this was Sept. instead of Oct.

I plan to put a neon mickey on the door with my screen also.

Hi Peggy... and everyone else!
Thanks for the info. I was thinking about the Getaway one too and I think it's a pretty safe way to go. I'm so happy you told me about the timing on the Halloween party. The other family traveling with us only have 4 days to see Disney World after the cruise so I'm sure they either won't want to be in the MK on that day or buy tix for it. I'm assuming the Park Hopper passes do not include addmission for the party right?!

Okay...thanks!
--Carrie

Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions? We are traveling with DS3, DS5 so I know my options are limited. I have bought everyone a snorkel set (clearance at Wal-Mart!) Will Disney allow me to take the kids to the snorkel area with me if he is in a float? Also, can I leave the kids on the ship while I go into port? I'm kind of nervous about this! Am I a bad parent? Read on another discussion board that I would be a bad parent! (I think he said "the family that plays together, stays together") I'm not a religious fanatic, so I need veteran cruiser opinions!

I haven't packed any clothes, but Wal-Mart summer clearance items love me!

werhappy (carrie),
We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. We are getting a larger room (we are a family of 6) , ocean view for $109. I originally called them because they have transportation to the port but...doesn't leave until 11:45 and is $6. per person RT. For our family thats $36. might as well park at the port. Disregard email I sent ya reread your travel plans above and think your going past Tracie's area.
Have a great time,
jennifer

Carrie,
We was told it was not included. You think it would be included.

I wonder if disney will let the little ones in the snorkling area in a float too. My ds would love that.
I need to get a floating device for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter