Who is going in December 2022??

This is very reassuring. I am hopeful it is similar this year. However of course last year the borders were closed and travel between states was limited or discouraged. But this year magic keys are blocked out. So who knows what the parks will be like busy-wise.
Yea, last year was odd. Main Street was fairly light in crowds considering the day. This is what it looked like when we walked in around 10pm. I expected people to be already staking out spots.05316907-56DF-4BDC-A439-161E94C6E741.jpeg

Though anecdotally I knew a lot of people who were sick from Christmas and had cancelled their NYE plans. We’re starting in Disneyland this year just in case

Yea, last year was odd. Main Street was fairly light in crowds considering the day. This is what it looked like when we walked in around 10pm. I expected people to be already staking out spots.View attachment 715498

Though anecdotally I knew a lot of people who were sick from Christmas and had cancelled their NYE plans. We’re starting in Disneyland this year just in case
Our park hopper reservations start in DCA that day. I'm sure we will be hopping earlier as opposed to later in the afternoon, though (and we have early supper reservations at Blue Bayou, so I hope that works out! I am hoping with the blockouts for magic keys it won't be too too bad, though who knows? I think it will be a bit of an experiment...

Just had to cancel my reservationsd for Dec 6=9th, niece can't get time off. I am so bummed. I also just cancelled my WOC dessert party reservations for Dec 7 at 7 pm. GOing to try for end of Feb!
Darn! Sorry for you, that sucks!

I’m going to drop Lamplight for 6 at 12:00 on 12/19. Let me know if anyone wants to coordinate to try to pick it up!

I can't remember if I posted this already, if so sorry!

If anyone is going to cancel a dessert party for WOC for December 3, 4, 5, of 6 please let me know. I have a part of 3 and am very much regretting the fact I didn't book this.

Also Disney needs go get on releasing the holiday information. Geeesh! If I had a trip booked for this Friday I would be stressing out, planning is way too important for me to be waiting for them to release information this late. I'm obsessively checking the Festival food booth page for menus to be dropped.

There will not be as of right now. I'm secretly glad!
awww.... sorry to hear that. we attended an after-hours party at WDW and it was the best thing since sliced bread! walk-on to everything. May never do a normal day pass again if after-hours are an option!

I can't remember if I posted this already, if so sorry!

If anyone is going to cancel a dessert party for WOC for December 3, 4, 5, of 6 please let me know. I have a part of 3 and am very much regretting the fact I didn't book this.

Also Disney needs go get on releasing the holiday information. Geeesh! If I had a trip booked for this Friday I would be stressing out, planning is way too important for me to be waiting for them to release information this late. I'm obsessively checking the Festival food booth page for menus to be dropped.
Messaging you to coordinate 12/3 WOC dessert party for 4 we are dropping

awww.... sorry to hear that. we attended an after-hours party at WDW and it was the best thing since sliced bread! walk-on to everything. May never do a normal day pass again if after-hours are an option!
From what I've read the WDW holiday after hours is way better than what was offered at DL last year. I love OBB and go as often as we can plan a trip for but the reviews were just not great for the holiday one last year. I wish we lived closer so we could do all the after hours things. My husband keeps saying we can't move though. 😭

I am going to need the new musical popcorn bucket and the new holiday coffee travel mug. :)

I am with you! We did the Very Merriest After Hours at WDW last year, and it was fantastic.
Unfortunately, they went back to the Christmas Party at WDW and it isn't the same. I think the truly after hours 9PM to 1AM last year really made a difference. ( I believe we were allowed in at 7PM)

The event last year at DL wasn't as good from reports.

For those of you wondering the difference - here is an interesting link.
disney-very-merriest-after-hours

The event last year was SO incredible at WDW mainly because it was truly after hours 9PM-1AM . The free snacks, hot chocolate, sodas, popcorn were awesome! And the lines for the rides were so short. A once in a lifetime experience!

We will be at Disneyland the second week of December! Hoping for a good experience as we prefer DLR over WDW - mostly because we are ride driven - but with all the breakdowns???

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter