Who is going in December 2022??

Not sure if anyone else who hasn't hit their paid-in-full due date saw this in another thread, but the terms and conditions of package reservations apparently give Disney a loophole to charge us the new higher prices. (see below, bolding is mine)

"All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, package price is subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other governmental requirements. Prices are also subject to change due to modifications to package or package components."

I went ahead and paid in full a little early, just in case they really do that. I mean, it's ridiculous if they do, but not worth waiting to find out!! I had added Genie+ to our package, and I didn't want to pay all the higher prices for that plus the tickets. Would be a different story if we were many months away from our paid in full, but I figured I'd mention here, since everyone on this thread is not that far from their paid in full date.

Not sure if anyone else who hasn't hit their paid-in-full due date saw this in another thread, but the terms and conditions of package reservations apparently give Disney a loophole to charge us the new higher prices. (see below, bolding is mine)

"All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, package price is subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other governmental requirements. Prices are also subject to change due to modifications to package or package components."

I went ahead and paid in full a little early, just in case they really do that. I mean, it's ridiculous if they do, but not worth waiting to find out!! I had added Genie+ to our package, and I didn't want to pay all the higher prices for that plus the tickets. Would be a different story if we were many months away from our paid in full, but I figured I'd mention here, since everyone on this thread is not that far from their paid in full date.
Does this hold true for regular hotel reservations (not packages)? I've paid for 2 of our 3 nights at GCH.

Does this hold true for regular hotel reservations (not packages)? I've paid for 2 of our 3 nights at GCH.
I don't think the hotel rates would be affected in the same way. It was the tickets and Genie+ rates that I was worried about, since we know those are going up. In my original email that I received when I booked the package, I had to scroll way to the bottom to the tiny print "Package Terms & Conditions" section under a "Prices" sub-header to see that.

I happen to also have a room-only res for our last night, so I just looked at that. This is the relevant tiny print:

"ROOM RATE REVISIONS FOR ARRIVALS THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2022​

Room rates for arrivals on or prior to December 31, 2022 are guaranteed (except for changes in tax rates or other governmental charges) as long as the room reservation is not changed. Disney reserves the right to cancel or modify a room reservation (including, without limitation, after the room reservation has been confirmed) if the room reservation includes or resulted from a mistake or error of any kind including, without limitation, a mistake or error in the rate or room type, or where it appears that a Guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the room reservation."

So I think they won't change the rates for room-only reservations in the same manner? But that is only a one-night res, so I had to pay in full upfront. The above is the section you'd want to look at for your multi-night stay to confirm, I'd guess.

I don't think the hotel rates would be affected in the same way. It was the tickets and Genie+ rates that I was worried about, since we know those are going up. In my original email that I received when I booked the package, I had to scroll way to the bottom to the tiny print "Package Terms & Conditions" section under a "Prices" sub-header to see that.

I happen to also have a room-only res for our last night, so I just looked at that. This is the relevant tiny print:

"ROOM RATE REVISIONS FOR ARRIVALS THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2022​

Room rates for arrivals on or prior to December 31, 2022 are guaranteed (except for changes in tax rates or other governmental charges) as long as the room reservation is not changed. Disney reserves the right to cancel or modify a room reservation (including, without limitation, after the room reservation has been confirmed) if the room reservation includes or resulted from a mistake or error of any kind including, without limitation, a mistake or error in the rate or room type, or where it appears that a Guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the room reservation."

So I think they won't change the rates for room-only reservations in the same manner? But that is only a one-night res, so I had to pay in full upfront. The above is the section you'd want to look at for your multi-night stay to confirm, I'd guess.

Thank you! That's comforting to see. It does seem like Disney left themselves a bit of a loophole for making changes after confirmation, but mainly it appears that if you legitimately booked a room, you should be good for that rate. While I don't think they would readjust the rate at their whim, how do you prove there was no "mistake or error in the rate or room type" if they do?

I have a deposit paid for a December package through Disney. When I went onto their website to book dining, I had a message saying that due to price increases, my package cost had changed. All of a sudden there were 4 tickets in my cart, and a link to pay for them. My park reservations were gone! I ended up calling them, and they were wonderful - apologized profusely and adjusted everything back to where it should have been. Thank goodness though that I didn't follow the link and pay for the tickets there and then.

Thank you! That's comforting to see. It does seem like Disney left themselves a bit of a loophole for making changes after confirmation, but mainly it appears that if you legitimately booked a room, you should be good for that rate. While I don't think they would readjust the rate at their whim, how do you prove there was no "mistake or error in the rate or room type" if they do?
I have no idea! Best guess is that it's a CYA thing, in case they have some big data entry error on their part. Like - someone put $50 instead of $500 a night for the rate or something.

I have a deposit paid for a December package through Disney. When I went onto their website to book dining, I had a message saying that due to price increases, my package cost had changed. All of a sudden there were 4 tickets in my cart, and a link to pay for them. My park reservations were gone! I ended up calling them, and they were wonderful - apologized profusely and adjusted everything back to where it should have been. Thank goodness though that I didn't follow the link and pay for the tickets there and then.
This is really just a bonkers thing to have happen! Can you imagine if you got a CM who was like "oh well, the prices went up, you just have to pay." It's too soon for me to book dining, but your story made me completely paranoid. I paid the balance purely to avoid panic. and I double-checked to make sure the balance was the same as when I booked LOL.

I have no idea! Best guess is that it's a CYA thing, in case they have some big data entry error on their part. Like - someone put $50 instead of $500 a night for the rate or something.

This is really just a bonkers thing to have happen! Can you imagine if you got a CM who was like "oh well, the prices went up, you just have to pay." It's too soon for me to book dining, but your story made me completely paranoid. I paid the balance purely to avoid panic. and I double-checked to make sure the balance was the same as when I booked LOL.
Yep, totally freaky! Can you imagine if I hadn't checked, and didn't realize my park reservations were gone...don't even want to think about that!

Add us to the December trip list -- we will be in the parks Dec 22 to Dec 26!!
I've got several hotel options booked and will chose which one we will stay at in the next two weeks.
Our dining reservations just opened up and like a couple of you I am hoping to find out if there are any holiday (more so xmas day) special dining options soon!

We are going Dec 21-26 and have park hopper tickets. Since it's such a busy time of the year though, will we be able to leave the park and get back in later? Not sure if our park reservation guarantees admittance to the park all day. Worried that if I leave DL to go to a dinner in a resort/downtown disney on Christmas day, that I won't be able to get back into DL park later. Anyone know?

It is killing me that nothing has been released yet about holidays at DLR. I need to plan my food list.
Yes!
Hubby surprised me with an early Christmas present! We will be there Dec 27 over New Years. But now I want to plan food!

I'm snooping at last year's holiday offerings to make some guesses, at least.

We are going Dec 21-26 and have park hopper tickets. Since it's such a busy time of the year though, will we be able to leave the park and get back in later? Not sure if our park reservation guarantees admittance to the park all day. Worried that if I leave DL to go to a dinner in a resort/downtown disney on Christmas day, that I won't be able to get back into DL park later. Anyone know?
I have been wondering the same thing about the next week. I want to be able to take an afternoon break, as well. I have park hoppers, too, for the express purpose of being able to grab reservations more easily. I'll be super annoyed if I can't hop into my non-starting park on a day I have a reservation there. However, having said that, it seems like we are unlikely to really know in advance but also unlikely to have issues due to the reservation system. I hunted around for info. General googling isn't very helpful, tbh, so much covid stuff to sift through. I thought this was useful, from a thread last year here:
When Magic Kingdom "closed" at WDW due to capacity restrictions earlier this year, people with Magic Kingdom reservations could get in but people who had reserved other parks were not allowed to park hop into Magic Kingdom. Historically, Disneyland is more likely to reach capacity than California Adventure so if you are afraid of this happening, make your reservation for Disneyland.

In previous years, the first level of capacity restriction was re-entry only. That means that if you were in that specific park earlier in the day, you were allowed back in but if you had not scanned into the park yet, you were not allowed in. In the most extreme cases, they do "one out, one in" where people are only allowed into the park when someone leaves. This rarely lasts more than a few hours and I don't know of a time in recent years when both parks hit "one out, one in".

I don't think it's likely for either park to hit capacity given the extreme measures Disney has taken to limit Magic Keys but if you are afraid of it happening, get a Disneyland reservation and scan into both parks ASAP if you have park hopping.
This is the thread it was from: https://www.disboards.com/threads/reservation-system-and-closing-due-to-capacity.3860807/

Making my first trip to DL dec 12-15th. Staying at DH, have a few reservations, but any recommendations for a solo traveler would be most welcome! I've been going to WDW for 40+ years , can't wait to get to see the original!

FWIW last year we were able to park hop into Disneyland from DCA on NYE at 10pm without any issue
This is very reassuring. I am hopeful it is similar this year. However of course last year the borders were closed and travel between states was limited or discouraged. But this year magic keys are blocked out. So who knows what the parks will be like busy-wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter